Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Ac cooling skoda fabia 1.4 tdi

#1 04-May, 2013 05:43 PM
mkr
Mr
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Dec 2012
Hi, I purchased skoda fabia 1.4 tdi in march 10. AC is not working properIy. It doesn't get cooled while standing and feel quite hot. It works little better while running, but not up to the mark.I had a recent service and service guy informed that fan inside is not working and need to replace. Now the cost is 14000. Still confused that why this costly thing was out of order within 3 years. Should I replace the same or inquire with some outside local ac garages. I appreciate your valuable feedback. Please reply.

0 members liked this post

#2 05-May, 2013 10:51 AM
Subramanian
Legend
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2012

You mean the blower inside the car is not working? When you switch on the AC do you atleast get some air from the blower? What happens if the blower is set to the highest speed? For such a high expenditure, check with outside agency first.

Ask the Experts!

#3 05-May, 2013 11:19 AM
mkr
Mr
New Arrival

Hi,

It looks like blower is working fine, but comes hot air while car is in standing and perspirationstarts. If speed sets on high, just air flow is higher, but hardly any cooling. If car is running, at least some cooling starts. But not up to the mark.

He has shown me the big fan inside the bonnet which he says is not working. But I have doubt. Because if that fan doesn't work, engine will get very hot after some kms of driving, but I can drive car 400 kms without any warning sign.

#4 05-May, 2013 12:02 PM
Subramanian
Legend
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2012
If it is the AC fan, you can check it. Start the car, switch on the AC, open the bonnet and see if the fan is running. It should run with the compressor ie. when the AC compressor runs, the fan also runs and when the compressor switches off, the fan also switches off. But in your case, as you rightly said, if that fan is not working, the engine will heat up tremendously. So most likely in your case, it is a case of leakage of gas. Recharging the gas may solve the problem. Show it to an outside agency.

Ask the Experts!

#5 05-May, 2013 02:31 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Firstly, check if the car has two cooling fans, one for the radiator and another for the condensor. I guess there are two, as you say if the fan was not working, the engine would have overheated, but in slow moving traffic. Be it either way, switch on engine and AC when car is stationary and check if the condensor fan is running.

• If yes, then problem lies with inadequate gas pressure or a clogged condensor. Spray water on the condensor and check if the AC gives out chilled air. If yes, get the condensor cleaned.
  • If not, the fan is not running. This can be due to simple reason like a faulty relay, fuse or even a faulty brush in the motor. Any outside electrician can repair it for a few hundreds.

If the fan runs, and after spraying water the AC fails to cool, get the gas checked and recharged.

Lastly, most european cars do not have a very impressive AC and given the fact that the summer has become very severe, your car may be alright but just the cooling is not sufficient. There is solution for such a problem or rather a design defect.

Return of petrol power!!

#6 06-May, 2013 11:51 AM
Nipun Bharti
Legend
Joined Date: 28 May 2008

I think in your case as the car gets cooled when engine is running at higher speed to me it means the ac system is working but it has grown weak.Get the gas charged and see if it has improved cooling.I also agree with Sankalp that ac may be  weak one by design but do you remember ac working better than its present condition?In which case it may not be design fault

Last Updated: 06-May, 2013 11:52 AM, by nipunbharti

#7 06-May, 2013 01:06 PM
mkr
Mr
New Arrival

I have shown AC today to local agency and they informed that fan is not working is correct. But was not checked the cause by skoda during service. Need to check properly and need 2-3 hours. May be wiring, is the problem. They asked not to operate ac until it is repaired, otherwise engine may overheat. Will keep you posted once it's done on Wednesday.

#8 08-May, 2013 04:30 PM
mkr
Mr
New Arrival

Why should I go to service my vehicle to SKODA.

Again it wasn't fan but relay of fan which wasn't working and successfully replaced. Now fan as well as ac are working fine.

This was second incident with skoda as they asked for 14000, it was done in 2800 rupees.

First was power windows switch before 6 months back, which wasn't working and they told that 12000 rupees and whole wiring at fault, but 2600 rupees for switch and it's perfect now.

Both the replacement parts looked original to me, so there should not be an issue.

I strongly feel that they people hardly check anything and just change oils, filters. That's all. If you have complained, they will ask very big and in process may damage your vehicle.

I am planning not to go there anymore for my regular one year services.

#9 08-May, 2013 05:13 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Thats one of the many sad stories of Skoda. Good that you got it checked from an external agency. Such small issues will rip innocent customers of so much money. Good to hear that the problem was solved at a less cost. Even if you dont visit the ASC for service, do visit them to give a mouthfull on how they tried to rip you off.

Return of petrol power!!

Ad
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 Mon-Fri & Sun (10 AM - 7 PM)
Sat (10 AM - 5:30 PM)
Toll free

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in