Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 24-Apr, 2008 04:23 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2008

Hmm...K ....But How can i get directly into national level f1 racin ,,i first need 2 do go karting??

Thankks

Posted by Ashish Jha
Hi Arjun,

It's sad to know that even 32nd Milestone has shut its operation down. Now, I am afraid, there are no more Go-Karting tracks in the NCR. There are however a couple of professional race tracks at Sriperumbedur (MMST) and Coimbatore (Kari Speedway) where national level races are held regularly.

As for racing schools, Naren Karthikeyan started his Team NK where he trains racers who've proved themselves or have shown good potential. You could get in touch with either MAI (Motorsport Association of India) or FMSCI to get more details. Furthermore, you could contact Akbar Ebrahim since he runs MECO Motorsport at Chennai and could be of immense help. You could reach him at:  (044) 42125139 /40.

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 26-Apr, 2008 12:38 AM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007

Well, it is not necessary that you try Go-Karting, but is hugely advisable. If you cannot handle the Rotax karts, you wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the formula racing cars. Still, nothing to take away from you, you can get in touch with MAI officials and ask them about the entry procedure. You will have to fill the grid as an individual but if you do well, some team bosses could take notice of you.

Like this post
#3 30-Apr, 2008 01:18 PM
Brendandias
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Apr 2008

hi!

this is Brendan Dias from Pune.

Actually I too am really crazy about racing and also want to join the F1.

Can you suggest some academies in Maharashtra where they would train us to make a career in F1.

Please reply !!!!!

CHEERS.....

Like this post
#4 30-Apr, 2008 07:06 PM
Mahendra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Apr 2008

wann to make my carrier in F1Car racing,pl guide  me...........

Like this post
#5 30-Apr, 2008 08:16 PM
Ashish
Best-seller

@ Mahendra,

Please refer to this post to know more about how to get started in motor-racing.

@ Brendan

I am afraid, there are no motorsport academies in Maharashtra. You could practice at Powai (Mumbai)or Kohlapur though. As for training, try contacting Akbar Ebrahim, he will be able to guide you best. Chennai and Coimbatore race-tracks (Sriperumbedur & Kari respectively) are the one where most of the national level races are held.

Like this post
#6 04-May, 2008 12:02 PM
Yuvaraj_151992
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 May 2008

hai my name is yuvaraj ...........................how to f1 car racing

Like this post
#7 08-May, 2008 12:00 PM
Ketan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 May 2008

Hello, i am ketan gajjar.
I want to know about F-1 race. I have verry interested in this .
I want to get information about F-1 race . I choose F-1 race as my career.
pls help me and send me information about F-1 race imediately.
my E-mail id is ketan_gajjar2001@yahoo.com. and call on this no.:9998734913.
pls............reply must.

Like this post
#8 08-May, 2008 12:05 PM
Ashish
Best-seller

Hello everyone,

Once again, I am elated to say that more and more people are getting interested in motorsport. Although it is heartening to know that everyone is aiming at F1 directly, it is imperative that one starts climbing the ladder one step at a time. I urge you all to kindly go through this post, then work towards entering domestic motorsport and take the climb from there.

Cheers!

Like this post
#9 08-May, 2008 12:05 PM
Ketan
New Arrival

hello,

this is ketan gajjar from gujarat .I love speed so that i want to joing f1 car racing . can u please send me proper information how to join. How much does it cost for tranning.

thanks.

Like this post
#10 08-May, 2008 12:22 PM
Ketan
New Arrival

hye ,  i m Ketan . my age is 19 years old. I want to hard working in my future becuse i m coming from middle class family. i want to know that where r the institute of  F1 race in Ahmedabad (Gujarat). i want to make my career  in this field . So pls help me .
                                                                Thanks.

Like this post
This discussion is closed for new replies.
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in