Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 05-Apr, 2008 04:31 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2008

1) One 2006 Formula 3 Dallara car with a Toms Toyota engine.

2) Two Formula BMW Cars

3) Two Formula Renault 2 litre cars.

Former Formula 3 ace and Alpha Romeo British Touring Car team principal, Gary Ayles and renowned driver coach Andy Pardoe from the UK will be on site to train and educate young drivers with the sophisticated telemetry data systems.

Formula BMW, Formula 3, Formula Renault V6 and A1 GP Engineer Patrick Roberts who has engineered Akbar Ebrahim, Narain Karthekeyan, Karun Chandhok and Armaan Ebrahim in various championships will be on site to educate young drivers the nuances of mechanical and aero race car dynamics.

The programme will be towards the end of April or early May 2008. The venue and the costs will be indicated to all in the next few weeks. This will be a unique opportunity for all teams to give their young drivers a huge opportunity to drive the sophisticated Formula BMW and Formula Renault 2000 cars in India.

The Formula 3 car will be put through its paces by Armaan Ebrahim and will then be available to test drive for those who show exemplary discipline and skills in the FBMW and Formula Renault 2000 cars.

And, this is just the beginning. A lot more is in store for motorsporting enthusiasts in 2008.

Regards

Akbar Ebrahim 
Meco Motorsports Pvt Ltd
Phone: 044-4212 5139
email: Meco <mecomotorsports@yahoo.com>
contact person:  Mr. Rasheed Khan

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 08-Apr, 2008 03:45 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Mar 2008

Hey Arjun

Wats  your phone no. i want to thank you for your details.I went to bangalore,yesterday i reached Guwahati.I had contact Mr Rasheed Khan.Thanks man for your details it was really helpful.Contact you later when they will give me full details.

Hey Arjun if you want to talk to me den call in in no 09435048470

Last Updated: 08-Apr, 2008 03:56 PM, by parag408
Like this post
#3 14-Apr, 2008 11:46 AM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007

Hey everyone,

Yes, I wasn't here for long, hence could not contribute towards this any sooner. I see a lot of activity happening and a lot of guys becoming interested. Now, I would like to point out that the mail received by Arjun from Akbar talks about the international series. As I have always said, it is imperative that you make it big in the Indian series first, else, if approaching the international series directly, it will be hugely expensive.

If at all you are looking at doing something of this magnitude, there's a racing school called Bridgestone Racing Academy in Canada that can be helpful too. You could write to Donna Elliot at donna@race2000.com or info@race2000.com. She can be reached on tel: (905) 983-1114

Like this post
#4 15-Apr, 2008 07:40 PM
Ravi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Apr 2008

Posted by Nisarg

hy,

this isravi pandit from new delhi.I love speed so that i want to joing f1 car racing . Could u please send me proper information how to join. How much does it cost for tranning.

thanks

Like this post
#5 15-Apr, 2008 09:27 PM
Ashish
Best-seller

This post is for Arjun and Parag and I hope they read this.

For Go Kart C'ships, you could try and get into the JK Tyre or MRF Go Karting championships from where you could climb the ladder. Start off by participating in a couple of events which happen near your place.

@ Arjun

If I'm not mistaken, there was a Go karting track called Destination Point on Mathura Road, but the last I heard, it'd closed down. There's one track called 32nd Milestone in Gurgaon, you could try that out.

Like this post
#6 17-Apr, 2008 03:23 PM
Abdulsami
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Apr 2008

hi ,guys i am sami i stay in hyderabad i also want to join in formula one i am persuing architechture(2 nd year) plz mail me my e-mail is abdulsami_89@yahoo.com

Like this post
#7 20-Apr, 2008 02:44 AM
Arjun
New Arrival

ThnKK God U r BAck!

HeY ThNkkS Ashish.....

But The 32nd Milestone track Has also Been Closed Down Long Ago coz When i was a bit small i'd gone there and saw tht they had cut the Track becoz of construction of Roads for traffic...i've seen tht track,coz i'd gone there earlier also but culd not drive coz my height was littlebit short......

Hmm Do u have Any idea Of Any Other PLace??Or Do u Have contact Of any institution which can tell further details of race tracks and how to join racing,In India...Any racing Skool,,coz i saw a few names on www.fmsci.org but tht page is no more available....Plz. Help//

TC

-Arjun

Like this post
#8 20-Apr, 2008 02:48 AM
Arjun
New Arrival

Waiting Fr ur Reply.......

Like this post
#9 21-Apr, 2008 10:48 AM
Ashish
Best-seller

Hi Arjun,

It's sad to know that even 32nd Milestone has shut its operation down. Now, I am afraid, there are no more Go-Karting tracks in the NCR. There are however a couple of professional race tracks at Sriperumbedur (MMST) and Coimbatore (Kari Speedway) where national level races are held regularly.

As for racing schools, Naren Karthikeyan started his Team NK where he trains racers who've proved themselves or have shown good potential. You could get in touch with either MAI (Motorsport Association of India) or FMSCI to get more details. Furthermore, you could contact Akbar Ebrahim since he runs MECO Motorsport at Chennai and could be of immense help. You could reach him at:  (044) 42125139 /40.

Last Updated: 21-Apr, 2008 07:05 PM, by ashish.jha
Like this post
#10 21-Apr, 2008 06:50 PM
Sudhir Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Apr 2008

hello sir I would like to join fi team I am just creazy of the games about me fail in board examination cose the game I am just 18 in this october plz help me sir.

Like this post
This discussion is closed for new replies.
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in