Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 10-Mar, 2008 12:29 PM
Pritam
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Mar 2008

thanks a lot ashish for providing info. of f1 car race.

i am now in 2nd year of mechanical engineering. i want to join f-1 car racing as my career. please give me more information about the f1 car racing. how to join it? how much cost? how to learn about excellent driving? is it very hard thing? please give me more information.

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 11-Mar, 2008 02:40 PM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007

Thanks again for all the posts in here. Congratulations to you Sahil, I envy you for having raced the F-Renault.

About the query if racing is hard.. indeed it is. Extremely.

Let me give you a small example, and this is the most trivial things of all as far as professional racing is concerned.

The power to weight ratio of a F1 car is over 1500bhp/tonne which is close to three times that of the Bugatti Veyron (just to give you an idea of how ferocious pure, blue-blooded racing machines are). You need to work hard, very hard on your reaction time. You would think that you have that area covered, but you're wrong. It should be in nano seconds and you need to drive a real formula car to understand the sheer assault of these machines. Your muscles should be like iron to cope with the G forces. Then if you try to gain speed and are not upto the optimum, there will be no temperature in the brakes and the tyres would be cold too. Hence, there won’t be any grip and no downforce so you would make a mess of it on the track. The only way out is to go extremely fast (read full throttle, for which you ought to be insane and a mental) and that my friend, is not possible until you are practicing for close to 6-8 hours a day.  

Even I (till before I actually went racing) used to think that it will be a doddle and I will master it in seconds. But I was wrong, so bloody wrong. I was slapped with reality on my face and the competition was intense. I worked hard upon my neck, shoulder, hands, arms, legs, torso... there is no part that you can ignore and you have to be fit (with a capital F if you may please) to even think about doing one complete race.

I am not demoralizing anyone here. All I am doing is putting things in perspective and making sure that you do not attempt anything stupid while on the track. I would be the happiest person if I see any one of you clicking well in the racing world. Would give me a high of sorts.

But yes, it is not cheap. Infact, it is bloody expensive. So moolah, lots of it, will be required. So all the best to you guys.

Like this post
#3 11-Mar, 2008 02:55 PM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007

@ William

There are several established racing schools lile ELF School of Racing, Thruxton Racing School, Phil Price Rally School and The Racing School that conducts its sessions at Rockingham Motor Speedway. These are some of the most reputed racing schools which could help you initiate your journey towards a career in motorsports.

In addition to this, there are two extremely accomplished racing schools in the States that could help you immensly. Bridgestone Racing Academy and Jim Russel are the ones in the US which are among the best.

Like this post
#4 12-Mar, 2008 11:28 PM
Ketan Patel
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Mar 2008

hi buddy

how r u ?

i m also looking for that how to joint in f-1 race ,

i m also  gujarati  from  rajkot name ketan patel

i think we have to find togather 

i got some information from  jk tyre racing , they r give platform for new comer to join for f-1 but first we must win some domestic car  races  

if you ready for get this chance so call  me  on  9925824806

Like this post
#5 12-Mar, 2008 11:30 PM
Ketan Patel
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Mar 2008

hi  i  m  gujarati  guy ,

i  looooooove     speeeeeed

anybody can  tell me how to increace this my hobby 

so  please call  me on 09925824806  and help  me

Like this post
#6 15-Mar, 2008 11:19 AM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Mar 2008

Thanx Ashish 4 ur information can u give me more information abt how to join Go Karts in my cell no 09435048470.

I m plaining to join Go Karts after my board exam which will over on 27th march 2008. Plz help me I m dam serious abt racing n give i get a chance to join go kart then i will definitely make it to F1. I wil be waiting for your message. Thanx  

Last Updated: 15-Mar, 2008 11:29 AM, by parag408
Like this post
#7 16-Mar, 2008 04:16 AM
Akshay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Mar 2008

@ ashish

thank you for such a wonderful info abt F1 racing..

i guess u must be having info abt car rally as well can u plz give some info on this..

Like this post
#8 18-Mar, 2008 05:14 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2008

Heyy! Thankks Alot Ashish for ur wonderful info....

Well i'm in same situation Like Parag...i.e after 27th....

Ashish if you know then please tell any place near noida,like delhi,gurgaon etc. where i can go For Go-karting and do racing.....

And i am not clear about the sponsor thing,,,frome where do we get sponsors??

Plz.. Help me ashish,i'll be really greatfulll 2 u!!!!

And parag yar if u also find any info then plz. do inform me on my email id: arjcool1@gmail.com

I'll be really verry Greatfull 2 u!!!!!

PLZ.. HEllllllllllllllllPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this post
#9 18-Mar, 2008 06:58 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Mar 2008

Sorry Arjun till now i didnot got any information.Are you giving ur exams like me.Well hows it?And all d best for ur exam.

If i will get any information i will definately give you and if we are able to join racing then i think we will be competitor not friends.

Plz if anyone got any information den plz say to my frind Arjun and me.We will be grateful to you.

Like this post
#10 19-Mar, 2008 03:43 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2008

ya!i'm also givin exams like u.....All d Best To u 2!!

From where are u?? i'm frm delhi...

don't worry dude there are two drivers,,so we won't necessarily be competitors...

First we need 2 get in there..then think anything else...

Plz. somebody help us both....

Like this post
This discussion is closed for new replies.
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in