Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 14-Jan, 2009 12:23 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Mar 2008

@Karan

Its nothing Silly if you dont know.If you say youself silly then I guess I can also say myself silly because I didnt have any Idea about these cars before joining race.

These cars structure are totally race car structure,its not like rally car.The Formula Cars engines are behind the car that is why its cars oversteers a lot.But if you can control that oversteering then congrats you are Champ. Driving these cars will give you ultimate fun but remember driving these are is like getting punches from bokers.Because you will have seviour pains 1st time.

Ya you can say its like esteem engine but the sound is like Broommm Broommm not like our road esteem or Swift.

From

Paragjyoti Barthakur

Last Updated: 14-Jan, 2009 12:24 PM, by parag408
Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 14-Jan, 2009 02:54 PM
Karan
Legend
Joined Date: 25 Jan 2007

hey thax Parag ...

bt that means these engine r super-tuned !for optimum performance!..n hence d brooooommm brooomm !!......

Severe pains ??....oops.....did u hav pains too ?..how long was ur first drive in these cars ?...

Like this post
#3 14-Jan, 2009 04:08 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven

Right these cars are super-tuned.

Ya I got seviour back pain,neck pain.But hopefully my brother was with me.He provided me  hot water back.And many more pains.

That is why it is said,"NO PAIN NO GAIN".I suffered from pain and that is why I gained.

Now at this moment I am working out with my physical fitness.And aiming t gain championship points in National Level Racing.

Like this post
#4 16-Jan, 2009 12:22 AM
Karan
Legend

oh...was this due to the extreme n constand jerks n blows which u recvd during the drive ?.....

also ...once the race is over...one must b feeling really stressed rite ?....i mean ur brain has to work faster than a computer !!.......just like in NFS n stuff......(sorry i hav never been in that kind of an environment...so i can only compare it wid the Games..)

Like this post
#5 17-Jan, 2009 01:41 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven

Well that is why after every race Red Bull chicks provide us Red Bull energy drink or else our Kingfisher provide us water.

Well after very race we need to measure our weight because of high speed our weight decreses.The weight is taken with the car.The minimum weight in Formula Fissme is 380 if it is less then that then they may penalise you.

Well you cant say it as NFS Stuff because its Formula Cars but you can compare Rally cars as NFS Stuff with are driven by Loeb and from india Naren Kumar.

From

Paragjyoti Barthakur

Like this post
#6 18-Jan, 2009 03:11 PM
Karan
Legend

because of hgh speed ur weight decreases ??..r u serious !!........

n d weight is 380 wid the car......whats the weight of the car ?.......because its not really possible to be more than 80 kgs ....(for an average..5'10 sorta guy)..or else he's be in the FAT bracket.

Like this post
#7 18-Jan, 2009 03:50 PM
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

Posted by Karan Gambhir

because of hgh speed ur weight decreases ??..r u serious !!........

I think he is talking about the weight of the person.

High speed races have that effect. It is said that after an F1 race, the driver loses around 4-8 KG's.

Like this post
#8 18-Jan, 2009 09:22 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven

Yes, In F1 Race drivers loses 5-7KG's.This is related with the term called G-Force.Well I dont have so much knowledge about this but will surely let you know about all racing tems once I join Training Program.Well I am a untrained driver so I dont have so much knowledge about mechanical terms.

Yes,This is true that your weight with the car should be minimum 380 or above.

Like this post
#9 18-Jan, 2009 11:14 PM
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

G-Force is a term associated with physics. 1G is the gravitational force from earth's pull.(correct me if I am wrong, its been a long time since school)

The driver experinces more than 1G of force due to cornering at high speeds, and rapid braking and accelerations. If I am not wrong the force goes to 4-5G at peaks.

High temperatures inside the car also leads to the weight loss.

Last Updated: 18-Jan, 2009 11:14 PM, by Ami
Like this post
#10 18-Jan, 2009 11:32 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Here's a link on gravitational force - having various details/links.

I'm basically from Bihar; relocated here in Gujarat for years, and am a banker by profession. I have owned Enfield Bullet 350CC for 24 years (1985-2009); Tata Indica Turbo for 6 years (2006-2012); Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet since 2012 to present; and Tata Hexa XT since Oct 2018.
Like this post
This discussion is closed for new replies.
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in