Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 23-Jul, 2008 08:57 PM
Chandra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 23 Jul 2008

Posted by Parag

Hey Arjun, im 4rm Guwahati.

Dear Arjun and viewers of my message.

I would like to inform you that i have written to newspaper "The Telegraph" and "Autocar magazine" abt HOW TO JOIN RACING.Hope they will give some information to us,so go throught The Telegraph's thrusdays edition i.e "CAREERGRAPH" and autocars next month edition.

"CAUTION" I am not sure that they will give us information.They may give or may not,if they dont give then please dont think that i bluffed and if they give then thank me and wish me luck from ur heart so that i can join racing.

And if anybody have any information that plz inform me via email my email id is parag408@yahoo.com

hello friend. this is chandra
i m happy to see your question
i too searching for that do u find our finally? about car racing
if u hav any information please forward to sivaram_chandrajee@yahoo.co.in

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 26-Jul, 2008 04:56 PM
Chetan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 26 Jul 2008

i was intrested in car racing,

i m good in racing the car

Like this post
#3 27-Jul, 2008 12:27 PM
Guna
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2008

Hi this is guna. I want to join the F1 . can you suggest some acadmies in coimbatore. where they would train us to make carrear in F1. PLZ REPLY

Like this post
#4 05-Aug, 2008 06:18 PM
Ravi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Apr 2008

ashish thanx for the real information and i can make you a promise if god is with me and he is ready to help me in few years you will be proud

Allow me to welcome you to the CarWale family first. I am elated that some more motorsport enthusiasts are pouring in. Making it to the top level of circuit racing - F1 is not as easy as it seems. I have been a race car driver too and have raced at the national level. You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. But this is not easy. There are many such guys trying out their luck everyday. Kids as young as 7 years old are racing to get the basics right. It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine. I will only give you the ladder, the climb is yours. Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine. It sounds alright, but even these machines are mad enough, so to master them takes time. The next level will be a Formula LGB or Hyundai. The top most level as far as Indian motorsport is concerned is the Formula Rolon. The single seaters are powered by Chevy engines and you cannot even imagine the sheer brutality of these cars. The hard work you will have to put in is going to be immense. After that there are international races like Formula Ford or Formula BMW, but even they are a far cry from Formula 1, so it is not an easy climb. Then there is the cost factor. One national level Go-Karting race will cost about 8-10 thousand rupees not considering that you come with your own race kit which will comprise of overalls, gloves, safety helmet, racing/driving shoes etc. The price only escalates as you climb the ladder. FISSME will be about 10-12 thousand while the Rolon can be as high as 20K for a single race, if you are not funded/sponsored by any team. This is not to discourage you, rather I would love to see you up there with the best, but it takes a lot. A LOT! I have experienced it first hand, and the cost factor is really a major concern. And oh yes, start learning about cars, if you start racing, you will be required to know how to set up your car, but that's something that you will get to know after you start with your climb.

Share anything that you have and I will be more than glad to answer you.

All the luck to you.

Cheers!
[^^/quote^^]

Like this post
#5 07-Aug, 2008 11:39 AM
Ravi Pandit
Driven
Joined Date: 07 Aug 2008

Posted by Ravi
hii all you buddies yaar every one provided the information but i,m unable to get the information how can i join the go karting championship and and wt  are the step to do that ya ashish bro plz help me out/

Like this post
#6 07-Aug, 2008 11:43 AM
Ravi Pandit
Driven

i,m really glad to you guys for providing the information but help me out and give me the information so i can join national go kartng championship

Like this post
#7 07-Aug, 2008 08:59 PM
Milan
New Arrival

hello sir ,

m  milan at up gaziabad ,

i love speed i wanna to join f1 car racing b.coz is this my aim since childhood any body tell me how to join f1 car racing i love it sir i hv a car sr n i  was drive the car since 4 6 years n my driving is better bettr n  better sir plzz give me more information about it

Like this post
#8 12-Aug, 2008 09:08 PM
Sarfraz Ab.Razzaque Shaikh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2008

Posted by Brendandias

hi!

this is Brendan Dias from Pune.

Actually I too am really crazy about racing and also want to join the F1.

Can you suggest some academies in Maharashtra where they would train us to make a career in F1.

Please reply !!!!!

CHEERS.....

Like this post
#9 12-Aug, 2008 09:37 PM
Sarfraz Ab.Razzaque Shaikh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2008

hi ; I am SAZ from mumbai ,i love speed .i wanna to f1 car race.can you suggest me.

Like this post
#10 13-Aug, 2008 09:06 PM
Satnamsingh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Aug 2008

Posted by Satnamsingh
can some one tell me  how to join this formula1

Like this post
This discussion is closed for new replies.
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in