Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Automatic Climate Control Accessory

Pages : 1234567
#1 22-Oct, 2012 03:16 PM
Kavi Arun
Beloved
Joined Date: 17 Aug 2008

First of all thanks for Moderators Banwari and Rohit me to direct me here.

Thanks a Lot for Fellow members for sharing views and helped me to buy a car years ago. Today I am very proud to say that after a journey of 14sweet years in Engineering field, I have decided to Manufacture some thing on my own.  I have started an research from Last 18months and prepared a prototype of “AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL “  for all of our living cars. 

I have started a company on my won and here is the Link (Site is under consturction)

As a manufacturer i need to understand customer needs before entering market. I wish all your inputs may help me to survice better in this competitive world.

The prototype model is designed just like this (model graphics for study purpose only" Original design may varry).

Automatic Climate Control Accessory

Specification:

Size : 90mmx65mmx15mm (without leg).

Display Color:  Blue and Orange backlight.

Auto Mode : Automatic mode On and Automode Off selection by single switch.

Temperature Up Down switches for easy setting of temperature.

Day mode and Night Mode special program for better convinent cabin temperature (Presets).

Aim Vs Succeeded So far,

1.       Improved Fuel Efficiency Since Auto Cut off of AC happens depends upon temperature. AC off and On Ratio Crosses 70% percentage in night. Gives better Fuel efficiency without compromising Comfort.

a.       In Day time Ratio keeps varies from 30 to 45% depends upon outside temperature.

2.       Cabin Comfort and Cleanness. Temperature will be controlled.

3.       Anti Fogging Program Prevents Fog inside and clear visibility of road during rainy seasons.

4.       Automatic Mode can be switched off incase want to run manual.

Looking forward for many number of inputs from all of you to improve my product. 

Be Simple.Be A Sample.
0 members liked this post

#2 22-Oct, 2012 07:06 PM
Subramanian
Legend
Joined Date: 03 Sep 2012
Normally in ACC as OE, I found that it opens the door for fresh air periodically. The problem in that is, in places like Chennai dust, odour and heat enter the car especially in city driving. You have no way of choosing 'recirculate' option. Normally I am sure many of us drive with 'recirculate' option in city and use 'refresh' occasionally on long drives. How does your equipment behave? I would prefer it to leave the air intake on manual at the choice of the driver. Your device can control just the temperature (switching on and off of the compressor) and may be the blower speed.

Ask the Experts!

#3 22-Oct, 2012 07:19 PM
Kavi Arun
Beloved

Thanks mani,

yes I do thought of Using using an oxygen level sensor inside and taking a fresh air from out side. But avoided for basic model Because external conditions in our city.

1. Adding the Windows up down i need to add more hardwares and wirings.

2. If i do automation to Air intake / Reciruclation with some kind of stepper motor, may create a noise inside the cabin while running. 

3. In few cars like figo and swift there are one touch buttons for taking the fresh air in. Where it was possibile for me to take in fresh air easily. But as a first stage i dont want to add this option. this may lead other users to pay more for un available option present.

regarding blower, yes it is possible to control. we have consider it  in 2nd variant. If customer wants that, there will be add on equipemnt along with this unit for blower speed control. 

Be Simple.Be A Sample.

#4 22-Oct, 2012 07:41 PM
Subramanian
Legend
Arun I am not talking about car doors and windows. I am talking about the door in the blower which opens and closes for fresh air or recirculation. The less you open it, the better for FE. I and a lot of others will be happy if the controls for that remain manual. Do not automate it. Regarding the blower I think that unless your device controls it, FE will go down. Because people may leave it on the slowest speed and complain that cooling is not fast. Moreover, if the blower is set to maximum initially and then reduced gradually, that will cool faster and help FE. It is best that it is automated. May be considered atleast in the second version.

Ask the Experts!

#5 22-Oct, 2012 07:48 PM
Kavi Arun
Beloved

@Mani, Regarding Blower, Yes it depends on the tempertature differnce to cool down with minimum time speed is controlled. How ever it is customers choice to go for blower speed control or not? I felt only at the time of starting the vehicle the blower speed control is needed. after that, the speed is not changing frequently. 

Be Simple.Be A Sample.

#6 22-Oct, 2012 08:21 PM
Subramanian
Legend
Yes you are right. Blower speed adjustment is required only in the initial stages when the car is started. May be your base model can control the compressor only and the the next model can control both compressor and blower. If so customers will have a choice according to their budget. It is a good thing that you have thought of ACC as your first product. May many more such useful products come from you. BTW when will your product be ready for marketing?

Ask the Experts!

#7 22-Oct, 2012 09:13 PM
Kavi Arun
Beloved

My motive is to give a main unit as standard and fan control as option. so that at least few taxi owners may not feel bad of buying luxury option.

Yes my product is ready. but not for marketting. initially the size was like 2 din system about 11months before. now it is smaller than my blackberry.

from last 6 months it is running in my and all my friends cars. and few taxis succesfully. i have recalled all for inspection by diwali. so after diwali with some attaractive name iwish to lanuch in to market . 

yes many proucts are in pipe line .thanks.

Be Simple.Be A Sample.

#8 22-Oct, 2012 09:36 PM
Sriram
Best-seller
Joined Date: 08 Apr 2012

Hi Arun, I very much appreciate your initiative. For home and office, auto a/c is the norm and it has been like that for a long time, so I believe car A/c should also be automatic. I am unable to understand why it has been manual till now and why auto a/c costs so much and is made into a special feature with a premium price. Sometime soon I believe car a/c will be automatic by default and price will also come down. I have been using this feature and it is one of my favourites and I have some inputs for you.

I took some time and tried different things to give you the inputs. I find that there is Manual a/c, auto and full auto. In full auto, The temperature is conrolled with blower speed and air intake and a/c or heater while the A/c position is set to head only. From full auto, if we change the air intake, it becomes auto. When we change the a/c position or blower speed, auto gets cancelled. Is there any problem in taking some constants like blower speed and a/c position and still maintain automatic a/c. Because some people want a certain blower speed always. You may still maintain the temperature by turning the compressor on and off. The advantage of increased blower speed is, the air circulation will be good and will reach the rear seat. Currently the blower speed comes to minimum position very soon and increases marginally every now and then for cooling and people in the rear seat sometimes complain that they are not getting the a/c and is warm.

Use the like button if you like to thank.

#9 22-Oct, 2012 10:28 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Nice work you have got there! My question is compatiblity and ease of installation. With lots of electronics in current day cars, how easily would the product fit into the existing system? Will the manual AC controls still exist? How do you wire the system up?

Return of petrol power!!

#10 22-Oct, 2012 10:31 PM
Kavi Arun
Beloved

Thanks Ram. I hope you are using Swift ZXI or VDI model. Because i too have used ZXI for a longer period before. 

After reading your views. I will have to spell out the feature which is available in this ACC

As soon as you switch on i have a auto delay fuction which will not spoil ac also starts on. And Blower speed will varry depends upon inside and prensent temp. if the temperature is above 8 deg of set temp then the air blower works at max speed. if it is less than 2 deg it will work in minimum speed. Inbetween there are lot of slabs for speed.

I have made 2 modes, 1 is day mode. where speed will be medium always. when ever AC cuts off then the speed goes to minimum. It will recirculate the air for some time (Just works fine in my car). in Night Mode Blower is always in Minimum. No Noise from wind. It will be pleasure to drive. and Anti Fog is a new concept i have tried out to avoid rainy or cold seasons cabin plessure.

Regarding Full Auto and Automatic. we have no option for basic cars. A/c wind flow direction, also doesnt comes as a electronic control in any below 8 lakh car hence i feel it will be a huge investment process, if i do so, i will loose regular customer for getting premium customer. Where as premium customer may not use a i10 or swift or ritz. he may be using Corolla or atleast sunny. 

Ambition is to fit this equipment from Alto till my new duster where they missed out ACC. Price should not be burden for Alto users either.

OT: I was shocked by looking at a Reverse parking sensor Being fixed for Nano today. I was looking at the vechile for 3 ,4 times, then though nano buyers are also potential, not to forget them.

cheers.

Be Simple.Be A Sample.
Last Updated: 22-Oct, 2012 10:31 PM, by U.Arun

Pages : 1234567
Ad
Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 Mon-Fri & Sun (10 AM - 7 PM)
Sat (10 AM - 5:30 PM)
Toll free

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in