Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.
Ad

Shocker! Audi India Navigation Software.

#1 06-Sep, 2012 03:37 PM
Abhi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Sep 2012

What a shock Audi India is going to charge Rs.96000/- to install Navigation software (india maps) on cars loaded with their navigation systems. So all the people who have bought the cars recently from Audi and the dealer has told them that they would just need a map cd to activate it when it comes out in near future eat this.

Yes you will have to shell out close to 1 lac depending on car model. 
They have recently launched India navigation maps and I was quoted RS.96000/- to load it on my new A6 by an audi authorised dealer mumbai. 96000/- for map software in india when all over the world it comes pre loaded WHEW!!!!!
What say guys is it fair?

Like this post
0 members liked this post

#2 06-Sep, 2012 10:19 PM
Neha
Long-termer

Yes, the navigation package is preloaded elsewhere  but it is a part of an optional Navigation package that can cost anywhere between $2000-$4000 depending on the model. 

If you were already charged for the Navigation option while selecting the car, then you should not be charged again.

However, I know that for 2013 Mercedes has come up with a new marketing model in the USA where one has to pay a monthly fee to use Merc Apps in the car and their iPhone app will also use a subscription model.  Currently, Audi is not using that model.

Also, Audi and BMW are known to have the latest and the best Car Tech features in the business. So I hope you get to enjoy all the cool features

Like this post

#3 06-Sep, 2012 10:35 PM
Abhi
New Arrival

Yes the newer cars come fitted with the system but it does not work as it was only hardware. I mean the adds the you see like Audi Q5 now with navigation are misleading as the hardware is there but it does not work as Audi till recently did not have tie up with anybody for India map software. Now may be in the past few weeks they have got the software. So say you bought a new A6 2 months back and paid 2 to 3 lacs extra for MMI plus navigationpackage you would have to go to Audi dealer to get the navigation started now and for which they would charge you so much extra ie 96000/- for Audi a6. 

Like this post

#4 06-Sep, 2012 10:55 PM
Neha
Long-termer

You should enquire with some other dealers if they are charging extra for a CD installation. If yes, then make sure you take it up with Audi officials. This should be addressed.

On the whole, the Audi and BMW navigation systems are impressive. 

I hear there is a good navigation system called "Map My India" which is pretty accurate and useful for other cars without navigation package. But in a luxury car you want to use the company's innovative stuff. I think you will absolutely enjoy the intutive controls for the Audi Navigation system  Audi and BMW have top notch  and easy to use command system for there navigation packages.

hope you enjoy every drive

Like this post

#5 08-Sep, 2012 09:17 PM
Arvind Dixit
Legend
Joined Date: 06 Jan 2010

Posted by auto.enthusiast

Also, Audi and BMW are known to have the latest and the best Car Tech features in the business. So I hope you get to enjoy all the cool features

An Mercedes for Worse. Their "Command" Program simply sucks..

My Cars- Chevrolet Spark LS black(2011) & Fiat Linea Petrol FIRE Emotion Pack.(2009)
Like this post

#6 10-Sep, 2012 12:35 PM
Neha
Long-termer

Mercedes is yet to fine tune it's system. Most things including the connectivity for apps are too slow. Their current system requires a serious boost. I hope they are working on that

Like this post

#7 29-Jul, 2017 09:35 AM
Yajur
New Arrival
Joined Date: 29 Jul 2017

Did anyone find a solution to this? ive been trying to figure out how to install navigation without having to spend a lakh!

Like this post

Ask the experts1800 2090 230Mon-Fri (9 AM - 8 PM)
Sat (9 AM - 5:30 PM)
Sun (9 AM - 7 PM)
Toll free

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in