Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

We won't support this browser soon. For a better experience, we recommend using another browser. Learn More

Ad

Transferring my bike and car from Bangalore to Pune

#1 23-Feb, 2009 11:40 AM
Abhijit Tiwari
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Mar 2008

Hi Vikas

Its not going to cost that much. U 've to pay only 7% of depreciated value of your vehicle + 180/- as registration charges.

According to RTO-Maharashtra, 5 Yrs old vehicle has value 86 % of its original cost (I guess its 51000/- in u'r invoice).

so approx amt u 've to pay would be 51000 * 0.86 * 7 % Road Tax = 3070 /-

before 2 months only I got my bike registerred in Pune by myself only. Its not tooo difficult

Initially I contacted agents also, but they told me very higm price to be paid (aroun 11K).

thne I decided to go by myself, I found it to be easy & quicker too.

So my advice would be to go by yourself only.

If u want to know something else, drop me a mial @ abhi.simply@gmail.com

Cheers

Abhi

Posted by Vikas

Hi All,

I have a problem...I want a bike here in pune so I decided to get my Bike here from Jammu as i cant afford to Purchase  a new one ....I got NOC from there and to drive here without being harassed by Police ideally I should have Maharashtra's registration number but as iI told u i cant afford the amount and  My bike is quite old its 2003 Model and i'm not able to decided and quite confused a very big desion for an 19 year old guy.... its pulsar 150 cc  and what would be the charges if i pay the taxes and the agents charge too much for the procedure and one guy demanded 10 thousand rupees for all this.....I really cant afford 10 grands

Like this post
0 members liked this post
#2 23-Feb, 2009 12:01 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Posted by Abhijit Tiwari

If u want to know something else, drop me a mial @ abhi.simply@gmail.com

As you would appreciate, queries/discussions in the forums will benefit all. I trust you understand the concern.  Please avoid mentioning e-mail IDs & telephone nos. etc.

Thanks for participating & sharing the details / your views.

Please keep writing - we look forward to your participation 😊

I'm basically from Bihar; relocated here in Gujarat for years, and am a banker by profession. I have owned Enfield Bullet 350CC for 24 years (1985-2009); Tata Indica Turbo for 6 years (2006-2012); Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet since 2012 to present; and Tata Hexa XT since Oct 2018.
Like this post
#3 27-Feb, 2009 03:24 PM
Kunal
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Jan 2009

Hi

One question after one has paid road tax (at sangam bridge) and one needs to wait for ~2 months to get the Maharastra registration no. During the process to get registration no. (going to Alandi etc..) what extra amount needs to be paid. If any body has done the same can (s)he share the info for 2 wheeler as well as 4 wheeler?

Thanks

Karan

Last Updated: 27-Feb, 2009 03:32 PM, by kunalonline77
Like this post
#4 27-Feb, 2009 06:49 PM
Abhijit Tiwari
New Arrival

Hi

You don't have to pay even a single penny. U can drive u'r vehicle by carrying the Receipt of Tax pymt, & can tell the Mamus that papers have been submitted in the RTO.

Regards

Abhi

Post edited to remove quote (same as previous post; NOT required, therefore).

Last Updated: 28-Feb, 2009 10:23 AM, by Pankaj.Prasad
Like this post
#5 03-Mar, 2009 03:32 PM
Kunal
New Arrival

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for the info, but I was not referring to police but the regular registration process. After paying road tax how much more amount do I need to pay to get the registration done in Pune.

Thanks

Karan

Like this post
#6 03-Mar, 2009 03:49 PM
Vik
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Jun 2007

Registration amount is negligible. I think it is no more than a 200 Rs . Road tax is what burns a hole in the pocket

Like this post
#7 04-Mar, 2009 11:43 AM
Kalyan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Mar 2009

Hi,

Need some advice. I brought my bike from bangalore to pune. its a 2002 old pulsar. i dont want to change the registration no., since i want to use it and sell it off back in blr. Before reading this thread, with some help somehow got a NOC from bangalore recently. Yet cops over here are harassing me to get the tax paid receipt without which i am not entitled to run my vehicle!!! I want to pay a temporary tax and do not want to register locally. As per my insurance, my declared value of vehicle is around < 20K. how much tax i have to pay and a brief procedure of it can anybody mind sharing it?

Thanks in advance,

kalyan

Last Updated: 04-Mar, 2009 11:43 AM, by kalyandee
Like this post
#8 04-Mar, 2009 01:17 PM
Abhijit Tiwari
New Arrival

Hi Frnd,

There is no provision of Temp Tax for Personal Vehicles in MAHARASHTRA only.

U 've to pay life time tax, & u can claim for the refund, after not using u'r vehicle in MH.

As u'r bike is more than 6 yrs old, than, approx depreciation price (according to RTO chart) would be 82% of Invoice Price shown.

So suppose u'r vehicle price was 50000/- when u bought it (in 2002), so total tax would be

7% of (82 % of 50000/-) = (7/100) * (82/100) * 50000 = 2870

Regards

Abhi

Post edite to remove 'quote' (same as previous post; NOT required, therefore).

Last Updated: 04-Mar, 2009 07:05 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad
Like this post
#9 04-Mar, 2009 02:43 PM
Kunal
New Arrival

Posted by Vik

Registration amount is negligible. I think it is no more than a 200 Rs . Road tax is what burns a hole in the pocket

Thanks Vik! Anyone who has done the whole process can please clarify if this is true?

Like this post
#10 01-Jun, 2009 04:42 PM
Aseem
New Arrival
Joined Date: 01 Jun 2009

HI Every1,

Must say amzaing info. Just a suggestion all the forms that any one needs can get from RTO websites. But the procedure posted by one of the members is invaluabe

Now for my query: I got my bike from Rajasthan to Mumbai with a NOC made for MUmbai RTO. I followed the rules- paid octroi and Road tax but the tragedy that happened was that since I stay in Sion I needed to get it re- registerd from Tardeo RTO and not Andheri where I unfortunately paid my Road tax ;( Now the Cop at Andheri RTO refused to register my vehicle but said since the road tax is state wise I can go and get registered in Tardeo. Now the sad part, RTO at Tardeo is harrasing me sayin I need an Info (whatever that is) and then only I can register it. Cant believe how a genuine mistake and that to by their RTO counterparts has made it such a painful affair. Moreover I cant afford any leaves and can go only on sat   (RTO is open alt sat)Can anyone help. Plez dont suggest an agent cos I cant afford one buggers ask for 6-7 

FYI bike is 2002Enticer - My first love- Desprately need some help ASAP

Like this post
Buying a new Car?Leave a missed call1800 2090 230(Toll free)

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in