Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.
Ad

Bangalore to Yelagiri - Trip experiences

#1 11-Feb, 2010 05:17 PM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved
Joined Date: 23 Jul 2009

We have been planning outing for sometime and was initially looking at going to Wayanad. But somehow that didnt materialized due to various priorities. Though Wayanad trip was cancelled, we still wanted to go somewhere outside and unwind for a day or two. We were looking at places around Bangalore and while on search on internet, Yelagiri popped up. I am a frequent traveller of Bangalore - Chennai highway and have seen diversions to Yelagiri on the way. So thought of giving it a shot.

But we absolutely had no idea about the place and only reviews from internet were available. Based on few good reviews about a particular resort, we thought to go over there for a weekend. I called up the resort (Zeneth Taj Gardens) and booked a cottage over phone and we ventured out last weekend.

About Travel:-

We started around 5am from Bangalore. Route is Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Yelagiri diversion after 40+kms from Krishangiri (near vaniyambadi) - Yelagiri.

Its been very chill these days in Bangalore and that day was no different. That was the day when i first travelled on the 9kms long Elevated high way from Silkboard to Electronic city. I would say by maintaining a speed of 70-80, i could reach the other end in less than 10mins. Remarkable, considering the fact that i have struggled most of the days in these roads traffic which would take 40-45mins.

Enter Hosur, i was in a for a little surprise. The road was full covered with mist / fog and i could abosulely see nothing infornt. Was driving in that climate for the first time and it was a different experience. Then fog cleared of for sometime and even the Sun came out. But Enter Krishnagiri, again it was full of mist / fog. Just after exit of Krishnagiri and enter Vellore road, the Sun started belting early in the morning.

After 40+kms from Krishnagiri, took left to Yelagiri road near vaniyambadi. Here we need to keep eye on the diversion to take the Yelagiri road.

I was little skeptical about the roads that lead from Vaniyambadi to Yelagiri hills (around 24kms). Being on hills on my car for the first time, i was not sure how would i manage the hair-pin bends and fast moving downhiller. But i would say, i roads are very well maintained and even on the hills, it was absolutely neat & clean. It had a total of 14 hairpin bends and as the opposite traffic was very less, i have managed my first hills trip very well . The good thing is for each hair-pin bend, they have given names of Tamil famous writers (like Thiruvalluvar, Bharathiyaar etc). And at one point, we could actually touch the clouds (thrilling time).

About the Place:-

There is nothing much of places to see around in Yelagiri. It has a Boat house with children park, Very well maintained nature park (around 7pm every night they have Foutain dance show similar to that of Brindavan [not big enough though]), Murugan temple, Silk seeding area (it is closed on Sunday and they provide information about the growth of butterfly with specimens and also info on how is silk prepared), few trekking spots. The main advantage is, since it doesnt have much place to go, you can do every things leisurely at your own pace here. And after 7:30 pm once the fountain dance is over, there is absolutely nothing you do outside. Everything will be closed. So you can spend extra time leisurely roaming around your cottage.

..to be contd

Yamaha Rx135 - Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack - Alto Lxi BIII (Sold)
0 members liked this post

#2 11-Feb, 2010 05:22 PM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved

About the cottage:-

Zeneth Taj Gardens is the best cottage in Yelagiri apart from Hotel 'O Nila. It is located in a huge area of around 10acres, full of green / trees. It has children play area and few games. Every cottage is built in such a way that when you come out, you see soothing green all around. They also provide food on orders and the food (though costly) was very tasty. It is like a home made food. Also there many different types of fruit trees around the resort. In this cottage, they arrange for a trekking in the evening to see the Sun-set. It is around 1km trekking and you can spend time uphill to see the Sun-set.

Climate:-

Mornings & Evenings are chilled. Day time it will be like any other place. Don't choose Yelagiri during Summer. It will be Super hot over there ;)

OVerall it is good place, if you want to relax and unwind your selves. Throughout the journey, i maintained speed of 70-80kmph and felt the drive was pleasant compared to the ones earlier which i used to be at 100kmph.

On Krishnagiri Road

On Krishnagiri road

Uphill near clouds

Uphill

On the way

Outside cottage

Cottage where we stayed

lonely hut

Swans in the resort

Sunset

Last Updated: 11-Feb, 2010 05:23 PM, by Jey

#3 11-Feb, 2010 11:25 PM
G. Arun
Beloved
Joined Date: 20 Aug 2008

Nice pictures Jey

Around 8 mths back i have gone to Yelagiri. But, as you have said there is nothing special. The climate will be good, we can have a leisure trip.  Around 3 mths in Times of India newspaper an article was published that TTDC has launched the Sky glidding entertainment. Have you heard anything about that?

If you want SUCCESS, dont give excuses. If you give excuses, forget about SUCCESS.

#4 12-Feb, 2010 10:44 AM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved

I think you are talking about para-gliding. It wasnt there now. It was there for a period of time and is withdrawn now.

#5 12-Feb, 2010 10:22 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Thanks for the review, Jey.  Nicely written & good photos.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#6 09-Sep, 2011 11:58 AM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

Jey, can you share the approx cost of the cottage tariff and other expenses related , also if possible share the contact details of the zeneth cottage . BTW, the pictures inside the resort look lovely

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

#7 09-Sep, 2011 01:02 PM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved

Surya - I really forgot those cost details right now. But yes, the cottage was very good and neatly maintained.

#8 09-Sep, 2011 09:35 PM
Saravanan
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Apr 2011

Hi,

Good details and nice pics Jey. I hope I will be able to try it. Waht time of the year was it? Is it now a good time to be up there? Also, since my car would not be available this weekend I am planning the trip by bike with one of my friends. Since I am used to long distance travel and I have already done trips to Walajabad and Vellore in my bike I hope it will not be too difficult.

My heart is the abode of god, but my mind is a devils workshop. and I always listen to my mind.

#9 12-Sep, 2011 11:32 AM
Jey
Jeyaprakash P
Beloved

It was in Feb. I think even now should be more pleasant due to recent rains. Yes you should be make it in bike. If you are going with Friends, then you can try out trekking there. I didnt go as i went with family. Have a nice time.

#10 19-Sep, 2011 11:25 PM
Saravanan
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Apr 2011

Hi,

I made the trip in my bike from Chennai to Yelagiri. The detailed post is in the below given link. Have a view.

http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewThread-24620.html

My heart is the abode of god, but my mind is a devils workshop. and I always listen to my mind.

Ask the experts 1800 2090 230 Mon-Fri & Sun (10 AM - 7 PM)
Sat (10 AM - 5:30 PM)
Toll free