Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again.Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Forgot password?
Please enter your registered email

Or Login with

Sign In with google

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Ad

Fog lamps or bulb upgrade for SX4

Pages : 12
#1 14-Jan, 2010 02:41 PM
Ankur
Road-tested
Joined Date: 12 Jun 2008

Hi All,

I am not finding Lights for SX4 good enuf, would request your opinion regarding replacement of stock bulbs (if yes, then to what specifications) or should I get fog lamps installed?

Thanks....

Like this post
0 members liked this post

#2 15-Jan, 2010 10:39 AM
greenhorn
Best-seller
Joined Date: 21 Jun 2009

if you need a longer beam, get better bulbs.

If you need a wider beam, get fogs

Like this post

#3 15-Jan, 2010 02:05 PM
Ikkru/ Krishna
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Oct 2009

Fog lamps will not help you to solve your problem of low light!  you have to upgrade your bulb.  Let the expertes reply regarding the technicals of bulb.  Iam also looking for a bulb upgrade for Dzire.

Anyway, install Foglamps also.  It will help you to drive through fog and moreover it will improve the look  of your car. 

Like this post

#4 15-Jan, 2010 04:14 PM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008

Ankur even though the car under consideration is different the logic applies to SX4 also. Have a look here.

Like this post

#5 16-Jan, 2010 08:38 AM
Ankur
Road-tested
Joined Date: 12 Jun 2008

Thanks Binoy, Ikkru and greenhorn

Like this post

#6 16-Jan, 2010 01:56 PM
Joel
Beloved
Joined Date: 23 Oct 2007

Posted by ankur.jain83

Hi All,

I am not finding Lights for SX4 good enuf, would request your opinion regarding replacement of stock bulbs (if yes, then to what specifications) or should I get fog lamps installed?

Thanks....

Hi Ankur,

I faced a similar problem with the current 60/55 Watts of SX4. The Focus is pretty bad and useless for a high speed highway drive or even a pitch dark city drive.

I changed my the stock to Phillips Rally 90/100W and that resolved my issue. This will not require any additional wiring or ceramic holder. I have been using the same for the two years now and working absolutely fine. These bulbs should cost you about Rs 175 Each. Just make sure you get your hands on the original stuff as there are many duplicates available in the market. Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Joel Chandra

Speed Kills But Nothing Else Keeps Me More "Alive"
Like this post

#7 16-Jan, 2010 09:52 PM
Sai
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Oct 2009

Hey Ankur:

I did change the Headlight of my i10 with Phillips 90/100 along with roots relay. It is really worth every penny & I get sufficient light & have immense confidence to drive thru at night. Fog lamps can be installed only for looks & it serves the purpose along with the a gud headlight. Moreover when the Headlight fuses / fails. You can use the fog lamp to drive you thru atleast to the nearby safe place to park your car. So jus sit & think over before you decide upon.

Cheers,
Sai

"I feel proud to say, I luv to drive anytime..."
Like this post

#8 17-Jan, 2010 05:42 AM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008

Joel and Sai, both your bulbs are illegal on the road.Blinding lights from on coming cars with uprated bulbs is a vicious cycle.Am adding this caveat for the benefit of readers to know that these bulbs are illegal.

The real issue is poorly lighted roads in our country,so lets harp at that also while we are at the 'light issue'.

@Joel-having a relay(as Sai has installed) is a safer bet than having no relay.There might be no real performance issues in not having so, but the concern is of safety.Moreover higher wattage bulbs will harm the lens and reflectors over the long haul.

Like this post

#9 17-Jan, 2010 09:15 AM
Sai
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Oct 2009

Yes Binoy!! What you said is apt, I felt the need for this change when there was poor light or no light on our streets. I was aware that this light is 90/100 is illegal. But being a novice drive then, I was quite apprehensive to take the car out after 7pm, Since I cud see jus 7-10 feet ahead of me like in a bike on a poor lit roads.

To be on the lighter note, I wanted to save lives & thought lemme change this headlamp rather than hitting anyone since life is more valuable than anything.

"Nothing is illegal, until you get caught..."
lolz!!

Cheers,
Sai

"I feel proud to say, I luv to drive anytime..."
Last Updated: 17-Jan, 2010 09:16 AM, by Sai
Like this post

#10 17-Jan, 2010 07:05 PM
greenhorn
Best-seller
Joined Date: 21 Jun 2009

a legal alternative is to get extreme power or similar high output bulbs. They are expensive, and last less, but they are legal

Like this post

Pages : 12
Ask the experts1800 2090 230Mon-Fri (9 AM - 8 PM)
Sat (9 AM - 5:30 PM)
Sun (9 AM - 7 PM)
Toll free

Select your city to avail offers

Currently available only in