Please Tell Us Your City

Knowing your city will help us provide relevant content to you.

Sorry! No matching results found. Try again. Error Identifying Your Location.

Please enter your password
Please enter your registered email

Please enter your name
+91
Please enter your mobile number
Please enter your password

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city helps us provide relevant content for you

No city match.

Amazing Aspire

A user review on Ford Aspire [2015-2018]. Written by DHIRAJ KUMAR on 18 September, 2018

This car is discontinued
DHIRAJ KUMAR's Ratings
Own a Ford Aspire [2015-2018]?
Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Titanium1.5 TDCi
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres

The search for car had been started a year ago. After going though numerous user and expert review, my need and my budget, I finally concluded that I would be going to purchase a premium hatchback or compact sedan as my first car. My eyes were on Ford Ecosport from long time due to its solid built quality, good looks and high ground clearance. But my wife turned it down due to small size of its boot space. Now I had limited options as 1. Hyundai Elite i20, 2. Maruti Suzuki Baleno, 3. Hyundai Xcent, 4. Volkswagon Ameo, 5. Ford Aspire, 6. Honda Amaze. I removed Amaze from list due to some user review quoted faced bad engine and high NVH. Ameo had great features like rain sensing wiper, anti-pinch glass window etc., but its service center was not present in Jhansi and removed it from my list. My wife removed Elite i20 from the list quoting it has very less boot space (I agreed, but I knew its performance was very good). Baleno was cheaper, very good looking (Unlike Maruti's old cars), good performer, But my wife rejected it due improper seating position of co-driver seat (I disagreed, However I had my concern about its built quality as Maruti had lowered its kerb weight). Both Hyundai xcent and Ford Aspire looked good and xcent has massive boot space. But engine performance of 1.5L TDCi of Aspires won the game. Called the Kanal Ford, Jhansi and by evening they were at my doorstep with test drive vehicle. I had no driving experience but with the help of my friend, I with my family rode the vehicle and every body loved it. The steering is light in the city and it becomes heavy with increasing speed (on highway). My Aspire’s ride quality is very good and suspensions are on comfort side. Almost all potholes and rough patches are brushed off competently. Its look can take away any heart. Performance of 1.5TDCi is well on busy roads but when we move on highway, it shows what a real beast it is. Cruising at 120km/hr is easy with automatic climate control on and 4 passengers on board. Servicing is very good and prompt at kanal ford. Even when I needed to take insurance claim, it was well handled by kanal ford and within 3 days, I got by car back. Pros and Cons:- Pros: 1. Fastest vehicle in its class (Takes only 10 sec to reach 100Km/h). 2. Efficient engine (1.5TDCi) and good ride quality. 3. Looks is excellent. 4. Good safety feature (ABS & Airbags). 5. Good mileage (Ford claims about 26Km/Lt. However I got more than 22Km/Lt on highway). Cons: 1. Ground Clearance (Although its ground clearance is better than all hatchbacks and sedans in its class but while 4 passengers on board, it is not enough) 2. Tyre Rim 14” looks smaller and 15” tyre could be a gem by looks and performance wise.

DHIRAJ KUMAR on 20 Sep, 2018 at 06:30 PM

I have written a review on Ford Aspire and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Amazing Aspire