1)Except the smiling grille nothing much to say. Very average.
2)No rear wipers. Difficult for first time users.
3) Single front wiper.Many adverse comments.I find it just serves the purpose. Driver vision clear. OK.Mangeable.
Interior (Features, Space & Comfort)
1) Ample rear leg space even after fully reclining the front seats.
2)13 litres Glove box with cooling option.
3)595 litres Boot space - Highest in sedan category.Two can sleep comfortably.
4)ORVM - Manual adjustement. Slightly feeling uncomfortable
Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox
1)1499 CC Power packed Engine.No other manufacturer offers so much power at this cost.
2)Peak torque 132 NM.Out of this 110 NM (85%) we get at 2500/3000 RPM which will be the normal ride speed.So much power for normal driving.
3)High power engine with low kerb weight of 930 Kg.Better fuel economy but will there be vibration?Test drive at 120 KM/Hr. proved no feel of vibration even at steering wheel.
4) Low weight. Is it cost cutting by reducing sheet thickness? No Toyota has taken care with impact absorbing body and crash test.
5)Gear shift and throw.Gear box perfectly married with engine and butter smooth.
Ride Quality & Handling
1) Excellent vehicle suitable for both city and highway driving without need for for much gear shift.
2)170 MM Ground clearence. Second to Maruthi and suits Indian pot holes
3)4.9 mm Turning Radius.Provides good maneuverability.
4)High road visibilty for safe driving
1) All other manufacture's charge 1 lakh more for ABS with EBD,SRS Air bag,Seat belt warning,Door warning etc.,But from G to G SP at 50,000 etc., you get all these safety features.
2)If you give least priority for aesthetics,moderate priority for comfort,high priority for performance and safety and runs less than 10000 Km/year worth going for it having your eyes closed.
3) Recommended strongly for family but not for car freaks who looks for comfort and fancy.
4) As on date no comparable cars with so much of power,fuel efficiency and safety at this cost.
Areas of improvement
1)Rear wiper a must for accident free driving. Toyoto should see it in safety angle
2)Reverse back up light on RHS only.OK as per legal requirement.But people askes whether other side bulb fused?
3) Driver seat - No height adjustment.
4)J variant - No power steering. Hope no takers. Better take it off.
5) Spare key. No remote. Is it cost cutting?