This review is for VW Vento Highline Petrol. On road price (Bangalore) - 10.18 lakhs.
1) Front look is similar to Polo, but overall it looks great with a boot.
2) Rear view of car is very good.
3) Chrome finishing and alloy wheels on white color looks superb.
4) VW tag on front and rear gives it a premium car look.
Interior (Features, Space & Comfort)
1) Dashboard looks very good with the chrome finishing and integrated music system and climatronic AC controls.
2) Plastic quality inside is top notch.
3) Seat quality is very good, the only drawback is that you have to clean it regularly or else get a leather seat cover.
4) The arm rest/ac for rear passengers/arm rest for rear passengersbottle holders/cup holders..adds life to the car.
5) Music system RCD 300 sound quality is really good.
Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox
1) It has got a beast of the engine (1.6 L - 105BHP), trust me VW has taught some manners to the engine.
2) Torque is really good if you compare to Honda city/verna.(153 Nm @ 3800 rpm - the best in its segment).
3) Gear box - THE BEST, YOU WILL LOVE IT...its like 'Makhan' ..one can change it using one finger.
4) Fuel economy is slightly on a lower side.(city ~ 9 -11, Highway - 15-17) , again it depends on your driving skills.
Ride Quality & Handling
1) Superb ride quality..better than any other car in C segment.
2) Excellet road grip and stability at high speed..I touched 150kmph 'easily' .
3) Solid german build quality, handles bad road with ease.
A true German car. Its an awesome car for 10 lac tag...You have to drive it to feel it.
Areas of improvement
1) The music system can have atleast a USB /Aux port.
2) Front design could have been a bit better.
You cant complain much since its a VFM car.
If you are looking for Class/Elegance/power/stability and of cource VW tag..go for Vento..it wont disappoint you.