Select Your City

A user review on Fiat Punto [2011-2014]. Written by Pramod on 12 March, 2012

Price: ₹ 4.93 - 7.24 lakhs
Punto [2011-2014] Details | On Road Price
Pramod's Ratings
Own a Fiat Punto [2011-2014]? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Emotion 1.3
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres
Fuel Economy :
Good : Looks,features,space,comfort,mileage,safety
Bad : No as of now

Exterior Wonderful is the only word I can say. When I see first punto on road some time back then only I decided if i buy a car that would be punto. Extreme italian design and marvellous in any angle. I can say it is the most stunned hatch in india. Pefectly designed for indian roads now with more GC.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) The driving seat itself distinguehses punto from others. I tried Swift,Ritz,dZire,Fabia and no one matched it.Extreme comfort. Rear space is I feel is optimum though i dint like Vista or caaaar kinda of space. Much better than Polo,swift,ritz and much more comfort. Blue and me is the feature now all the sedans and muvs start implementing.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox Though I am novice @ driving and the car is of big size ( in car specifications it is mentiioned as sedan :)) it never induced any fear in me besides made me much more comfortable and made my learning expeircen wonderful.Steering resp is awesome . Gear shift initially was bit tough and now after one or two trips became normal.FE at start showing 15-16 and I can see it is increasing trip by trip. Nothing to say on engine as most of the market leaders  heavily relying on it.

Ride Quality & Handling Awesome and the bad roads will not distrub your ride as most of them filtered. And Handling is good and road grip is excellent. Steering holds solif even at speed of 100KMPH and gives a solid feeling.

Final Words I dreamt of buying it . But compared with all leading models like Swift, vista, fabia and polo (hatch only) and made my mind to go with my heart.My brother who kept coming with new options also finally settled with it and now he also enjoying with.

From the bottom of the heart Punto is much better car than any car in the hatch segment. It needs only shading of the bad image on it and sharing of a word.

Areas of improvement NA (as of now at least).

Pramod on 13 Mar, 2012 at 09:59 AM

I have written a review on Fiat Grande Punto and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Italian Beauty for Indian Roads