My experience with Swift DZIRE Vdi

A user review on Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire [2010-2011]. Written by Siddharthan on 05 May, 2008

Price: ₹ N/A
Swift Dzire [2010-2011] Details | On Road Price
Siddharthan's Ratings
Own a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire [2010-2011]? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As :
Familiarity :
Fuel Economy : kpl
Good :
Bad :

I got my Dzire (Clear Metallic Beige VDi) on April 17 th. I have done around  800 km. I drove a long distance highway about 480 km continously.  Totally 3 people travelled along with me with the boot fully loaded. It was  also absolutely fantastic  for me to drive.  After driving zen for 8 years i felt that i will find it difficult to drive a disel,but the engine was absolutely stunning. Highway mileage was 22 to 24 with AC.  I had no strain of driving the dzire. Music system was adequate but cannot be termed excellent.  AC cooling was  very effective at 41 degrees in Chennai - Coimbatore Highway. After the continous ride, people at the back said they were comfortable placed  during the entire journey. It handled even the bumpy roads quite well. I was contemplating  to buy a disel sedan in Jan. But i thought i will wait till march end for the DZire to hit the road. I am glad i waited and got this value for money car . DZire  defintely gives a tough competion to the logan and the indigo. I have been driving in the city for a while now. The pick up and ride quality is very good. I hav'nt checked the mileage in the city yet .

Most of the reviewers say dzire is superior or comparable to Verna or fiesta. My humble request is please dont compare Dzire with Fiesta and Verna. Those are luxury sedans and are a class apart from dzire . The back seat comfort, Quality , built and design is excellent in these vehicles when compared to the dzire.  But  the only thing is you have to spend 2 lakhs more  for those cars to get the same feel of the  features as  in dzire. So if your budget is 6-7 lakhs go for the Dzire. People with higher budget do go for Verna or  fiesta.

Siddh on 17 Apr, 2011 at 10:21 AM

hello friens;

i am to much irrited with by booked swift dezire.

as they told me they will give me delevary of car on 4t april 11 but they delay till 21st 11 iaggried but now they r saing now more two months........

siddhFrown

Gurmeet Gugnani on 12 Dec, 2010 at 02:22 PM

HI FRIENDS.. I WOULD LIKE TO TELL U GUYS THAT I AM DRIVING SWIFT DZIRE VDi FOR 1.5 YEARS.. AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH CAR OVERALL..

Ranjan on 14 Nov, 2010 at 08:00 PM

No car is worth waiting for 7 to 9 months in today's busy life. It is in fact foolish. In Coimbatore I am told minimum 45 days & max 60 to 90 days. I see comments from someone in these pages that the delivery in Cbe is 7 to 9 months.

I think Tata Manza saphire with comparable features and provides a better alternative in terms of delivery.

Anonymous on 25 Sep, 2009 at 12:31 AM

avoid dzire petrol...............

Sachin Rao on 04 Sep, 2009 at 08:01 PM

Hello everyone, I am Sachin, residing in bangalore. I have decided to buy swift dzire vxi. the on-road price in bangalore is around 5.90 lakhs, while the on-road price in hosur is around 5.52 lakhs for the same variant. My question is, is it safe to buy the car from hosur ( it's in tamil nadu)? Will there be any legal issues in future if a buy a car from a different state? please help, your valuable inputs will save me a few thousands. Thanks in advance

Yogesh.Tharkude on 18 Aug, 2009 at 02:39 PM

Yogesh T.(Pune) I am planning to buy Dzire, i have gone thru all overviews, please let me know what are the disadvantge of Dezire in this segment.

As Subramanian on 15 Jan, 2009 at 03:47 PM

HI, I have shortlisted Dzire VDi for buying. Pl let me know latest real status of delivary, Performance / maintenence sitting confort for a family of five.My travel will have City/ Highway of 800/ 1500km in a month. Pl suggenst if there a suggenstion for an alternate car. Subramanian

Paneer Selvan A on 06 Oct, 2008 at 10:17 PM

the waiting time for the car here in coimbatore is more than 9 Months.(A busy dealer in coimbatore gets only 2-3 swift desire VDI per month).My cousin got the car after 7 Months. Mow the dealer has stopped booking the cars. It is up to you to decide now. waiting for 9+ months for the car is too bad..

Srinivasan on 08 Sep, 2008 at 03:17 PM

Hi guys, I am planning to buy a new car in jan-2009; I have sort listed swift desire VDI model. Since the car will be delivered after 5 months from the booking time can any one tell whether any new cars will be released in mids of December or in January. So that I will wait till jan or else I thought of booking now itself.

Siddharthan on 11 Aug, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Hi Krishna, The car that suits your requirements is Swift Dzire. No doubt ,Logan is a good car too. But when you look at the overall package of quality, VFM , Best mileage , excellent service and cheaper spare parts , DZIRE beats the logan . Go for the Dzire it is the best in this class.