Mean machine delivered after a long wait.

A user review on Maruti Suzuki Swift. Written by Dilip on 01 December, 2011

Price: ₹ 4.42 - 6.71 lakhs
Swift Details | On Road Price
Dilip's Ratings
Own a Maruti Suzuki Swift? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : ZXi
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres
Fuel Economy : 16 kpl
Good : Looks,Space,Features,Economy
Bad : I could fine none.

Exterior Awesome looks. Fell in love the moment i saw it.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) Far better than the previous gen. Just did not like the power window switches, otherwise very good job done by SUZUKI.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox More than I expected. The engine is more smoother than I expected it to be. I've driven the Santro, I10, I20 and the beat and for sure this is the best ever engine out of the lot. The pick is smooth and way better than the lot. The second gear which I felt clumsy in other cars is a delight in here. I've only driven 50 kms by the way.

Ride Quality & Handling The new suspension let one glide over the roads. Good job.

Final Words Awesome. All the god job done now depends on the quality of after sales service. Hope i'm not dissapointed here.

Areas of improvement The power windows and the power window panel better be matched with the dashboard quality.

Tomy Thomas on 02 Dec, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I dont want to be mean, but mean can mean "inferior quality", "average" etc. I mean, after reading the review, I don't know if it was used as antonym.

By the way, one thing I did not like about new Swift is the rear lights. They protrude too much, and give a feeling that they will break sooner or later by rubbing against some other vehicle!

Tomy

Dinesh on 02 Dec, 2011 at 06:56 PM

Hi dilip i heard the quality of the power window switch are bad in swift. What 's your comment on this.

Dilip on 02 Dec, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I have written a review on Maruti Suzuki Swift and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Mean machine delivered after a long wait.