Select Your City

A user review on Mahindra Quanto. Written by Damodharan on 04 October, 2012

Price: ₹ 6.10 - 7.87 lakhs
Quanto Details | On Road Price
Damodharan's Ratings
Own a Mahindra Quanto? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : C6
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven for a few hundred kilometres
Fuel Economy : 10 kpl
Good : Spacious and confortable interior
Bad : Mileage is just around10 kms per litre in city drive Gives a very shaky jumpy ride in ordinary road

Exterior Very good but  Feel tyres are liitle smaller for such a big vehicle

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) Good very spacious Back AC DUCT Would have been very useful.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox Fuel economy around 10 kms per litre in city drive the first 500 kms Was assured by Sales that it will be around 12 kms after first service but still far below the expected 14 kms per litre( 17.2 ardi).

Ride Quality & Handling Jumpy ride in ordinary road Shifting gears are very tough

Final Words Needs to be tried for few more kms before finally commenting but mileage is  very poor and have a problem with the remote key was told to take the vehicle to MPL garage at Saligram

Areas of improvement While driving on ordinary roads the ride is very shaky and jumpy Mirrors could have been fixed liittle higher and the lenght  shorter Back Vent for AC would defenitely would have helped The remote key is already NOT WORKING WITHIN A WEEK OF PURCHASE

SALES TEAM AT MPL NEEDS TO IMPROVE KEEPING UP COMMITTMENTS.

Mush2004 on 01 Jun, 2013 at 01:25 PM

Hi there all,

I m using Quanto since past 6 months and have to admit the CAR IS AWSOME. The milage which i am getting is around 13 in CITY i.e. me driving daily from Dahisar to Santacruz and back in semi trafic condition. The issue with the milage i have seen is that the milage drops as more you accelerate and if you are constant at any speed then the average rises above 18.

What i am now doing is maintaining the reading of average in the meter given in quanto not to fall below 14.5 so that at the end i can confirm the average based on KM and fueling the tank on empty with the meter readin of 14.5 constant.

At present Quanto gave me 613km in tank fueling upto 48 Ltrs. So fingers crossed to check if more can be achieved when i am not going down below 14.5 on meter reading.

If anyone has seen such thing please update as it will help me understand the issues in hand.

Mush

Karan on 05 Dec, 2012 at 09:21 PM

Oh in that sense. Yes for sure. That's its USP, SUV like road presence. Even though I've seen it very closely and even sat inside. I must admit a few times while passing it in the opposite direction its only later that I've realised its actually the Quanto and not the Xylo that just went by !

Vikas Gupta on 05 Dec, 2012 at 07:51 PM

crazy is the right word cos some time you feell WOW..other vehciles dont annoy you, like cutting your way..trying to come more close to through you off road etc...and some times you think, M I DRIVING A TRUCK?

Karan on 05 Dec, 2012 at 06:57 PM

Thanks Vikas. It would be good if you post some pictures, of your Quanto sometime soon.

Also, umm, you might need to explain 'crazy' in a few lines. :) Since this word can be used in positive as well negative.

Vikas Gupta on 05 Dec, 2012 at 05:58 PM

yup, not afull grown man can sit there though he can fit there...:p

no.. its not shaky,,,,but it robust but as you sit high (compared to verna at least)..you feel like you are driving some thing crazy..but now I am use to it and drive comfortably.

Karan on 04 Dec, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Hmm, so its good for little children at the back and an average woman at time probably. Right ?

Oh, a Bullet. Hehe. So you mean it does have considerable body roll?. Slight turning at speeds of 30-40-50, does it feel a little shaky as a first timer? ( I say first timer, because as you mentioned above, we all do get used to our car).

Vikas Gupta on 04 Dec, 2012 at 09:02 PM

i have not sat there but my daughter (5year old) and my mom sat there...they did not complained any thing...my daughter was more than happy cos she can stand also, and she can play with lights above..:) my mom didnt disliked if not liked it..it was ok for her..me and my brother tried to sit there for a while but our knees were touching so we didnt tried travelling...

driving a quanto @ 70 and riding a Bullet motorcycle @ 70 gave a similar feeling in the begingin..but now i am in control.. :) i know how the vehicle will react..so plan accordingly..not a problem for me

Karan on 04 Dec, 2012 at 08:15 PM

I'll have a few specicific questions to ask you. I hope I can disturb you for that more than once. As of now, one of the few important questions I have in mind are.

Has anyone from your family sat in the 6th and 7th seat. Till now only Sitting experiences have been told, drive experiences for those sitting in 6th and 7th haven't been mentioned here. I know its not on the positive side, but would like to know your views for the same.

Also how sturdy does the car feel while driving at speeds above 60-70 ?

Vikas Gupta on 04 Dec, 2012 at 06:27 PM

yes tank full to tank full method

good things are many, and company can tell it too... bad things are also there.

for e.g. in my Verna car, when ever i stop the vehicle and turn the ignition off i can still operate my windows (glass up and down).. if i open my door only than it will stop...but in quanto i have turn the ignition ON again to pull up the window glass....stereo and other electic items dont turn off (except AC) when i start the engine, (it put load on battery, reducing its life) i dont know whether people are so technical or not...but i am bothered about these things...and i dont like the plastic used,,, its not class...seats are not an issue as i got leather seats installed and got it as per my requirement....bench seat (middle seat) is infact good in long drive as you sit straight and dont get tired...you can also ask any thing specific...

Karan on 04 Dec, 2012 at 04:38 AM

Thanks for the confirmations, And Did you calculate the FE by thea Tank Full to Tank Full method, or is it some other method that you're currently using.

Also I'd request you to tell us more about your Quanto.

Positives as well negatives.

Cheers !