Select Your City

A user review on Hyundai Eon. Written by ajsivsan on 25 January, 2012

Price: ₹ 2.88 - 4 lakhs
Eon Details | On Road Price
ajsivsan's Ratings
Own a Hyundai Eon? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : Magna O
Purchased As : New
Familiarity : Have driven a few thousands kilometres
Fuel Economy : 12 kpl
Good : Good looks, interiors is good, vibrations are also bearable
Bad : poor fuel economy

Exterior No doubt its defenitely a head turner. I have notied many looking at my car to know the model and make. It has got good exterior looks in this segment of cars. Many say it looks like 120 and i10.

Interior (Features, Space & Comfort) The light colour interior along with a dark grey dashboard makes a wonderful combination. It feels like as if its a high priced car. If all the passengers are of average height then space is not a issue. U got enough space to accomodate 4.

Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox Engine performance is good for an 800CC car. Cannot expect much from an 800 CC car. But the only issue i am facing is the fuel economy. I am getting only 12-13kmpl. I compromised on engine performance while buying this car only for good fuel economy but i am lot disappointed after its city mileage of 12-13Kmpl. If i had known this before, i would have bought  a second hand honda city.

Ride Quality & Handling Good ride quality. The steering feels very light. We can easily make a quick turn with this smooth steering. I had a change to drive santro and wagon R whose steering is harder compared to EON

Final Words If it gives a city mileage of 17-18kmpl, then its a good option to buy. Else we can go for i10 which also has the 10-12kmpl of mileage.

Areas of improvement Fuel economy has to be improved.

Anurag on 09 Jan, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Hi Friends,

This thread was really helful for me to be confident on my decision. I was confused between EON and Alto 800 and booked finally Alto 800. But even after booking i was confused about my decision.

Reason: Everywhere on web, i was getting EON better than Alto 800 in terms of interior, exterior, looks.

But now my confusion is got over.

I choosed a btter car than EON.

Why? True mileage reviews for Alto 800 (15-16), Better engine, better resell value and lesser prize. (Alto 800 LXI is costing me 3.87 lacs on road- including music system, remote c locking, reverse censor, art leather seats, under chasis, taf coating, side beeding, and a small gift of 1500 rs and few other things which Maruti is giving. But Eon Magna was costing me 4.10 with 5k discount.)

My dream car is Swift for which i did not have budget so i went for Alto 800. I have plans to sell my car after 3 years and will buy my dream car. Thanks for this post.

Syed on 23 Nov, 2012 at 08:52 PM

Really not satisfied with Mileage... I bought EON Dlight + 6 months back... doesnt give more than 12KMPL... checked with showroom even they agreed EON will not give more than 12 in City.. I dont know how people are getting Mileage more than 15 or so.. though showroom / Service Centre are clearly sayings mileage is less than 12

Shrikant on 01 Jul, 2012 at 07:25 AM

anand.14

please get your car checked at ass and wait for few days after your car  running in period gets over

i to have eon era my mileage in city is 17kmpl with ac and that to in ounes traffic and almost 19kmpl without ac this was taken on tank full to tank full, on highway before first servicing it gave me 25.6kmpl witout ac and 24.4kmpl with ac on 100% but now on highway it gives me about 22.5kmpl withac because now a rev it harder and in city it is the same.

Tomy Thomas on 30 Jun, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hyundai petrol cars always have this complaint. Inconsistency in mileage reported with lot of complaints about poor milage.

And with reference to the review, what is the big deal in accomodating 4 people? Even the smallest auto-rickshaw can accomodate 4 including the driver!

Tomy

Anand on 30 Jun, 2012 at 06:39 PM

I bought this car 20 days back. I have not seen any car as bad as this in driving. It only looks good. I have driven 300kms and driven 60% highway and 40% city. My average milage is 12kms/liter. the only reason i bought it was for fuel efficiency claims. all false. I think ARAI is giveing false claims. I asked couple of other owners i met on road. they all tell the same story 11-13 kms.My alto used to give me avg of 18-19 mix. Eon also gives Jerks when AC is on and gear shakes like as if its a tractor.

I went to showroom asking selling it back..They quoted me 2.5 lacs for this car which costed me 3.4 lacs.

Arun on 27 Mar, 2012 at 10:13 AM

for most accurate FE calculation use the tank full method. Fill upto the auto cutoff level from the same bunk and calculate the kms run between fills. Do update your results.

all the best.

Venkat on 27 Mar, 2012 at 09:32 AM

Dear:

Staying in Amritsar city. Have driving experience of 24 years.

City drive, mostly  3rd & 4th Gear. Between 20-45 speed. Brake usage is very minimum.

In highway, mostly in 5th Gear. Speed in between 60-80.

Mileage is noted between Blink to Blink indiaction.

Thank you.

Arun on 21 Mar, 2012 at 09:45 AM

the eon is under powered which means you need to be in the lower gear when travelling at low speeds to have enough pull/torque especially with four people on board. This would probably cause low FE. Also check the tyre pressure.

On the highway, high speeds would mean the small engine revs in higher rpm which will also affect your FE. This is based on my experience with the santro which is more powerful than the eon. The santro however has a good third gear which helps for city driving.

15.8 in the city and 23.5 on the highway. Wow IMO. Please give more details of your driving style, the speeds and gears you use generally etc. Thanks

Venkat on 20 Mar, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Dear Friend:

I own EON -SPORTZ. City mileage is 15.8 & High way with half AC is 23.5. True figures. Bough on 19th Oct 2011.

Suman on 27 Jan, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I have written a review on Hyundai Eon and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Not Satisfied with mileage