Select Your City

for best experience

The new 1.6 SXi is value for money

A user review on Ford Fiesta Classic [2011-2012]. Written by hasan.zubair on 08 June, 2009

Price: ₹ N/A
Fiesta Classic [2011-2012] Details | On Road Price
hasan.zubair's Ratings
Own a Ford Fiesta Classic [2011-2012]? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Version Reviewed : SXi 1.6 ABS
Purchased As :
Familiarity :
Fuel Economy : kpl
Good : Handling and Braking, Excellent styling and value for money for all the added features
Bad :

The new 1.6 SXi is truly value for money. the car is bundled up with ABS, EBD, alloy wheels with tubeless tyres, immobiliser, in-built music system, decent bootspace, real spoiler, side beams etc. Its got a sporty look and is extremely comfortable to drive, with superior braking and handling capabilities.

The car gives a mileage between 10 to 12 with AC in city.

Cost of ownership - Well, there is much written about it. The cost of ownership of Ford motors has gone down in recent years (earlier the parts were imported) however things have definitely improved. I was expecting a huge bill for my first service however, it turned out to be very reasonably serviced and billed.

Go for Fiesta as it is comparitively offering added features as compared to some other vehicles in its class.

Hasan Zubair on 07 Aug, 2009 at 08:41 PM

Hi - I dnt have the technical expertise to answer your question. Hope the following info is helpful http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/7633-engine-better-sohc-vs-dohc.html

shirish on 07 Aug, 2009 at 08:59 AM

hey,hasan i m in a bit of confusion between sohc and sohc type engines if u have any knowledge abt these two can u please tell me in simple language, it will b a great help....which one is better....thanx...

Hasan Zubair on 09 Jun, 2009 at 02:32 PM

Hi Subin - Fortunately, I didnt have any scratches and as such I wouldnt be able to tell you the cost of patch-ups. I however did have my car teflon coated which costed my Rs.1500 thru the Ford dealer only..I will advise to get the teflon coating as it will help you prevent minor scratches..all the best !!

Subin on 09 Jun, 2009 at 02:29 PM

I am a proud owner of the Fiesta Zxi. Its given me around 12.30 average with AC all time in city. That too in the first month of purchase. I'v heard that the milage will tend to go up after a few services. I have got a few scratches (no dents) in the bumper and needed to know the approx cost for getting rid of those and wax in my 1st free service. Any ideas??

Hasan Zubair on 08 Jun, 2009 at 05:00 PM

I have written a review on Ford Fiesta and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: The new 1.6 SXi is value for money