Fiats Moto ... Sell it & FORGET it

A user review on Fiat Punto. Written by sachin.thakkar on 10 November, 2009

Price: ₹ 4.93 - 7.24 lakhs
Punto Details | On Road Price
sachin.thakkar's Ratings
Own a Fiat Punto? Help others make an informed buying decision.

• Overall
Purchased As : Used
Familiarity :
Fuel Economy :
Good : Good Before sales
Bad : Bad After Sales

I had purchased a Grande Punto DI Emotion  from B U Bhandari Pune, got the delivery of the vehicle on 19th July 2009. After driving the vehicle for 8 days I felt a drag towards left and contacted the dealer at their Pashaan showroom on 26th July 2009. I was told to go to their work shop at Wakad for the same. I went to Wakad work shop on 27th July 2009, my vehicle was test driven by the staff at the work shop and was told that there was no problems in the vehicle.

·         I drove the vehicle for another 10-12 days but could feel the drag and at the time of 1st Free servicing on 10th August 2009 told the service advisor at the B U Bhandari work shop Wakad about the same. Again while delivering the vehicle after the servicing I was told that there was no problem in the vehicle.

·         Then after driving 5500 Kms in total I noticed that the tyres were completely weared and went to the Showroom on 26th August 2009 and met Mr. Gopal and he cordially requested me to leave the vehicle for thorough inspection at their Wakad work shop. Then on 31st August 2009 the vehicle was picked up from my home by the staff of B U Bhandari for necessary repairs. On 4th September 2009 the vehicle was returned to me with all 4 tyres been changed at no cost by the dealer and was told that the Engineers from FIAT have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and the fault is been rectified and also that they have test driven the vehicle.

·         After driving another 500 Kms I felt the problem still very much there and the vehicle was still dragging me towards Left, I called Mr. Gopal and informed about this to him, he replied and asked me to drive for another 1000 – 1500 Kms and then come for inspection. Following the suggestion given by him I drove the vehicle for 1800 Kms in total after the tyres changed and went to the Work shop for inspection on 21st September 2009. At the work shop the wheel alignment was thoroughly checked and even was checked at 3 other different location for wheel alignment. They found the wheel alignment absolutely alright and so they said that as they have limited expertise in this case the vehicle needs to be sent to FIAT plant at Ranjangaon Pune. I agreed to this and on 1st October 2009 I was given a Loaner car and my vehicle was sent to the FIAT Plant at Ranjangaon. I received my vehicle on 9th Oct, and Mr. Gopal told me that the problem is been taken care of at the FIAT PLANT at Ranjangaon. I was asked to drive the vehicle as a trial for another 1500 - 2000 Kms

·         I was feeling the same drag even after the vehicle been repaired at the FIAT Plant, I immediately informed about this to Mr. Gopal on the very same day on which I had received the vehicle. Mr. Gopal told me to drive the vehicle for 1000 – 1500 Kms and then it would be inspected. After driving about 1500 Kms on 24th October 2009 I went to the show room at Pashaan and had a meeting with Mr. Shailesh Bhandari & Mr. Gopal and showed them the vehicle. They were very cordial and courteous in listening and understanding the problem and inspected the vehicle and found the problem still very much there. They even clicked the photographs and said that they will contact the concerned person from FIAT regarding the problem and get back to me soon.

On   29th October 2009 Mr. Gopal called me and asked me to come along with the vehicle for Inspection on 31st October 2009 i.e. Saturday I told him that I have to go on duty as it was a working day at my office but as requested by him I applied for a leave and agreed to come to the vehicle for inspection. On 30th October 2009 Mr. Gopal again called me and told me that the inspection is been reschedule to 3rd November 2009, I hesitantly agreed for the same.

Nikhil on 27 Feb, 2011 at 09:32 PM

Hi Sachin,

First question, Does your car have alloy wheels?

I had a similar issue on my choverlet Travera.

We escalated to the general manager and got it analyzed that one of the alloy wheels had developed a crack. After replacing it. the issue was resolved.

Please get this checked if you have not.

Also issue with the strearing rod might lead to such issues.

Also the color joint or some joint in the front has to be verified.

Hope, this helps you in some way.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Ranjith on 16 Feb, 2011 at 12:52 AM

You are the only one Punto owner who regrets the decession. Sorry about that.. Everyone whom I talk says its a great car.. Just wondering how is that Now?

Dheeraj Mehta on 10 Aug, 2010 at 10:44 AM

@Sachin: I really feel sorry for you. I am just keen to know did FIAT take any step. Are you still facing the same problem? Dragging towards left could be because of various reasons and I know FIAT guys must have checked all of them.

Just a small experience, there was a time when I was also facing some similar kind of problem with my car and after getting wheel balancing and alignment the problem didn't resolved and then I went to a local mechanic (generally I don't prefer going), he was a very experienced guy and then he just opened my steering wheel and rotated it towards right by few mm and fixed the position.

Since then I am really not facing any issues, my tiers has crossed 30,000 km and are running fine... The mechanic said in most of the organization its manual fixing of steering wheel and its only humans who make mistakes not machines.

This experience may be or may be not of your help. I thought sharing it with you.

Arun on 09 Aug, 2010 at 03:00 PM

Hi am really sorry Mr.Sachin !!! Am using a second hand Maruti Zen(2000) model petrol !! i have driven it around 30000 kms since i bought !!! Its run on hills frequently...  Its clocked 1lack plus !! Fiat s known for the vehicles sturdyness !! you should not leave this !!! Its afterall our money and our own hard earned money

Take this seriously and file a petition in d court !!! with any of your known friends (advocate) !!!

Final answer :

fiat has to exchange d car

Parag on 28 Dec, 2009 at 03:42 PM

from the conversation, be careful of theese people as they just might put the blame on you.

Parag on 28 Dec, 2009 at 03:40 PM

hey sachin, this is extremely disappointing from fiat. if they have given a faulty product to you then they should be exchanging it.will any other car company have changed your car? i dont think so. i have booked a GP as i lovefiatcars. i think this is the attitude of all companies when they havee sold a bad product. collect all your records and go to the consumer forum. this could have happened to anyone and hard luck to the person it happens with.let me know if you want to start a sig campaig

Sachin Thakkar on 26 Nov, 2009 at 05:12 PM

I dont say its a Bad Car ... What I am saying and disheartened about is the Customer Relation of FIAT....

Suvenikaul on 26 Nov, 2009 at 01:51 PM

I think this is one off case for sure. Pure bad luck. We have been driving Fiat Punto for the last 5 month WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS! Its a gr8 car. A very HAAPY customer!

Sachin Thakkar on 16 Nov, 2009 at 01:05 PM

I have no other options left ... already sent the car for repairs ... BUT I have decided will write "Regretting the decision of buying FIAT PUNTO....... I suggest go for any other car rater than this" ....... I am going to write this on the rear Glass of the car and use the car that way only... How good it will make to FIAT na ... great advtment on the product itself ... by a consumer........ Ok with the loss I have already incurred.

Sachin Thakkar on 16 Nov, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Dear Robi, Dragging on the left ... When on a flat surface i leave the steering wheel alone the car slowly moves toward left even when i have kept the steering straight... and this happens at all speed I have checked at 10 Kmph to 120 Kmph.... and this caused the tyre wear .... you know the tyres are wearing at 4000 - 5000 Kms ..