Ford is just a few hours from launching the EcoSport compact crossover and we at CarWale are bringing you live updates of the launch proceedings as they happen. We know almost everything about the new Renault Duster competitor and are eagerly waiting for price announcements. Watch this space for more details on pricing, variants, features, other specs and surprise announcement (if any!) live from the Ford’s launch event.
While we wait for the launch of the Ford EcoSport, you can check the below links for more details including our review and first look video. We have also compiled a story that covers all the major developments revolving around the Ford EcoSport over the last nine months. Also if you are looking for even quicker updates on pricing, do follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- While waiting for the launch, we spoke to a couple of Ford dealers who have told us that the cars have arrived at the showrooms and test drives have already begun. The booking amount is Rs 50, 000 (irrespective of the variant).
- The average delivery time for the vehicle is three months from now and the most booked colour for the compact crossover is the widely seen March Red, a shade we originally believed was Savannah orange.
- The launch event will commence in 10 minutes, stay tuned.
- And we are live, Mantra is on the stage to welcome the audience on behalf of Ford.
Ford India president and managing director, Mr Joginder Singh, is now on stage to address the audience.
- Mr Singh is briefing the media about the technologies and features of the new EcoSport. The EcoSport will offer award winning EcoBoost engine and lots of safety features including six airbags and SYNC.
- Ford believes that the compact SUV segment will continue to grow despite the lull in the automotive industry.
- Big news, Ford EcoSport deliveries will begin today!
- Ford is about to announce the winners of the Urban Discovery challenge. Winners of the contest will win a Ford EcoSport.
- Mumbai Boys win the Urban Discovery contest.
- Now that the prize distribution is done, we are back to business. Few more details of the EcoBoost engine now the screen.
- Ford plans to target premium hatchback, mid-size sedans and entry-level MUV buyers with the EcoSport.
- Ford says the EcoSport will for driving dynamics of sedan with advantages of the SUV.
- Ford will be offering 38 accessories with the car at the dealer well.
- Mr Joginder says that the EcoSport is a no compromise product and it will be offered with a value-for-money tag.
- The EcoSport is unveiled on the stage, stay tuned for the prices.
- And the pricing announced, the EcoSport starts at a jaw dropping price of Rs 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
- Stay tuned, as we bring you prices of all the 10 variants shortly.
- The diesel Ambiente base model starts at Rs 6.69 lakh.
- The EcoSport petrol ecoBoost Titanium manual is priced at Rs 7.89 lakh; the dual-clutch automatic Titanium is priced at Rs 8.44 lakh.
- Ford has announced the prices of just four variants right now. The diesel prices are yet ot be announced. It seems the wait continues!
- Ford confirms that the prices of all the variants (including diesel versions) will be available in 10 minutes.
- Here are prices for few more variants – the Ford EcoSport Trend petrol Rs 6.49 lakh and Ford EcoSport Trend diesel Rs 7.61 lakh.