No city match.
I'm relocating to bangalore in sept, presently i'm based in hyderabad. i need help in understanding the cost of relocating my car Hyundai i10 (June, 2008), i mean the road tax, registration fees, entry fees and process...... i have already applied for NOC in Hyd RTO.
Also, recently i came across an article suggesting Karnataka High Court has abolished the Entry Tax for cars moving to Bnagalore.... is it true?
Yes, the entry tax is lifted in Karnataka, but that alone doesn't make much difference.
In my opinion think twice before getting the car transferred/re-registered in Karnataka. The whole process is bit problematic and you have to shell out huge money for the tax and all. In Bangalore Road tax itself comes around 50K for 1 year old i10. And the big question is about the chance of relocating back in another 3-5 years?
So my suggestions are,
1. Try to sell the car in HYD itself and buy another one in Bangalore.
2. Take the car to Bangalore and use normally, if cop catches try to negotiate and get away. Toll receipts, petrol bills, pollution certificate from HYD etc can be used to escape from them. These are bit painful efforts, but the only practical way out. (My friend is doing the same)
3. If you ready to give money and don't want to bother about cops and other issues you can think of getting re-registered. But once you applied and get an NOC, you have to get it registered ASAP.
Personally I don't agree with the tax payment in each state, as you already paid the life time tax in one state, which is a huge amount. Either they have to reimburse it or allow paying tax yearly as per the usage. There are lots of cases going on the court for challenging it. And some people are claiming that there is provision to pay tax yearly for other state cars. Not sure about it.
You said you already applied for NOC, i don’t know how much this will be helpful. My opinion is not to rush into anything. You can use your car in Bangalore for at least 3-6 months with your pollution certificate etc. Take time, learn all the consequences/issues/fees for re-registering and decide.
Try researching on carwale itself for more info. Hope this helps.
@bijs, thats helpfull info....
@mayank, if ur going to shift to blore for less than an year there is an option of paying 1 year tax... not sure if its applicable in blore...plz check this with local agent... in this case, noc should not be issued...
Road tax in Karnataka is ~12% to 16% depending on the price slab the car falls into e.g. up to 5 lakh, 5-10 lakh, 10 lakh plus etc. i10 should attract aroud 12% road tax.
Hi, I just saw this thread that was posted sometime in 2009 and probably the information may not hold good in the current situation. Can anyone please let me know the present status regarding the following -
(1) Is there any Entry Tax in Karnataka (specifically in Bangalore) for outstation vehicles? If yes, how much would it be? I have a new 2 month old Fluidic Verna (Diesel) which I bought in Delhi and now have to shift to Bangalore for my new Job.
(2) Secondly, once I move my car to Bangalore, how much is the Road Tax that I have to pay? Is there also a concept like Annual Road Tax?? I am thoroughly confused about the amount which I will have to shell out.
(3) If someone could advise the entire process of transfering my car from Delhi to Bangalore, including the documentation and costs involved it would be really helpful.
If anyone could connect me to an agent who can help me out for a commission, I am ready to explore that option as well.
Thanks once again