Select Your City

for best experience

Car within Rs.6 lac

Pages : 12345678
#11 18-May, 2009 06:23 PM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

Guess you did not go through the specs in the comparision I posted above. Just go through it and you will see why Dzire is a more VFM car than the accent. AC for accent is ought to be powerfull as it has a bigger capacity engine(1500 cc as compared to 1300cc in dzire) but dzire AC is not bad at all. If you say AC is powerfull then there is trade off at the FE level. Legroom, yes the accent has an advantage. Personally I like the accent more than the dzire and I will always love it. If given a choice I will buy the accent and not even look at the dzire as i dont like its looks. But here while suggesting to someone I need to keep my preferences aside and give the choices. Again Hyundai can never match the after sales service of maruti. Maintenances is also comparitively cheaper.Have a look at the all features tab in the comparision and you will have all the questions answered.

Just to add, the ride quality of dzire is always better than the accent. The same has been discussed in numerous threads in our forums. You might go through them as well.

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person
Last Updated: 18-May, 2009 06:30 PM, by centaur
0 members liked this post

#12 18-May, 2009 07:04 PM
Praveen Mishra
Driven
Joined Date: 18 May 2009

Thanks shashank. i will definately test drive all of the cars you mentioned. And thanks for informing me about the ford offer. That offer is indeed very lucrative for the ford fiesta. will definately look into it. I wanted to thank krishnan as well for telling me about the comfort features of the ford. Basically thats what we want in a sedan, dont we ? Comfort...

#13 18-May, 2009 07:04 PM
Rajiv
Legend
Joined Date: 26 Nov 2007

Overall performance of Accent is decent except the FE (In a city like Lucknow generally you will get 9-10kmpl with a.c., not more than that). D'zire Diesel is more successful and majority is buying D'zire VDi instead of D'zire Vxi. In petrol, Swift is still first choice!

If I am buying a car, I'll look at the one that gives me more for my money. Frankly speaking I'll pick a diesel car and here the best Value For Money Car is Ikon TDCi. I dont know the Monthly running of Asker but anything over 800kms, one can consider a Diesel car.

Accent V/s D'zire: Accent is giving more Value For Money one is spending. After Sales Service of Maruti is the best but Hyundai is not far behind, also If u ask me, I bought GM & Ford Cars without even thinking about the A.S.S. factor, For next 3-4 years what requires really is Regular Service!!! Before highway journey Visit Service centre for a complete check-up and thats it.

People dont change when you tell them that there is a Better option... They change when they realise that there is No Other Option..

#14 18-May, 2009 07:44 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Posted by Praveen Mishra

Well my family consists of 5 people. and yes my maximum budget is 6lakh - total cost. I am basically looking for a sedan. I do not have any preferences

For a family of 5, rule out Dzire - the rear seat / legroom is not very comfortable for 3 (not discussed below, therefore).

Ikon TDCi (Diesel) would be a VFM - running cost would be 40-45% cheaper than Petrol.  Logan is very spacious/comfortable but performance is just decent.  As such it will not fall in your budget.

Amongst petrol cars, you could choose from Accent & Fiesta Special Edition (Rs.5.5 lac ex-showroom).  Between the two, Fiesta would be a better choice - more space/comfort & better handling/braking.

Test-drive the 3 cars (with family) - Ikon TDCi, Fiesta & Accent.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#15 19-May, 2009 10:04 AM
Shashank
Long-termer
Joined Date: 01 Sep 2008

Well I too will go for Fiesta Special edition just for the price !! it is a steal.. you get a 1.6 alomost fully loaded fiesta on road for about 6 lacs. wow.. It's a great car, great perforamance, ride confort and a new age car. But the spares are expensive expecially if you compare with hyundai and maruti so might want to consider that. rest all is good including resale.

I have an accent (about 6 months old) and it too is a total VFM (paisa vasool ) great perforamance, powerful, peppy, good looks (I love them), decent mileage (I get 11 with AC in city) and good after sales service by hyundai. flip side- low resale value and u might not get those flashy features and dials, but the interiors are great esp with the wooden finish and beige looks (plus u get keyless entry, steering wheel leatther wrapped and gear knob leather wrapped complimentary). all this for around 5.5 (u might get some discounts as well). well it is a great VFM.

Dzire. well don't go for it. it will not suit your requirements.

#16 19-May, 2009 12:11 PM
Asad
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Feb 2009

I saw the add in the papers... Fiesta in 6 lacs onroad pice is great.. its for Mumbai and Delhi Smile

#17 19-May, 2009 02:18 PM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008

Dont think thats a smart move by Ford(guess they are desperate for the numbers).

The price would surely hit hard at the residuals of the current Fiesta owners.

#18 19-May, 2009 02:25 PM
Praveen Mishra
Driven
Joined Date: 18 May 2009

Thanks for the valuable information prasad. As im a 6ft tall guy, I think the D-zire would be too small for me, front or back. The ford for 5.5 lakh grabs my interest. Will test drive them and get back to you guys.

#19 19-May, 2009 02:28 PM
Rajiv
Legend
Joined Date: 26 Nov 2007

After taking a test drive of Fiesta 1.6, I dont think you will like any other car. A driver's car with superb ride & handling. My friend Sushil is using since 2 years without any problem and mileage he is getting around 10kmpl in city with 100% a.c. and around 13kmpl on highways.

People dont change when you tell them that there is a Better option... They change when they realise that there is No Other Option..

#20 19-May, 2009 03:39 PM
Sujit
Beloved
Joined Date: 10 Apr 2009

Is this present Ford Fiesta offer ( Ex show room @5.5lakh) is a limited period offer? Can any one update me on this?

Pages : 12345678

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)