Hyundai i10 Asta 1.2 (kappa) / i20 magna / Getz 1.3 GLS / Fabia classic 1.2

Pages : 1234
#1 15-May, 2009 03:24 AM
Anand
Long-termer
Joined Date: 14 May 2009

Hi,

I was planning to buy i10 Sportz but now I am in dilemma. It was almost finalized to bring i10 Sportz with kappa engine but my friends suggested me to have look at some other cars (mentioned in the title) which I was avoiding coz I know if we look variety of anything in this world, we can't choose the one for self (but we can suggest) and for that we need help to choose the one. Its very obvious as everybody have their own views towards design, safety measures, features, power, mileage, maintenance, price, etc. I am looking for a small car to drive mostly in the city. 

I am staying in Pune which is heavily crowded and left with very small piece of road to drive any  car, people are tackling with the cyclists, bikers etc. thats the reason looking for a small car. I am looking for a car which should have capability to pull 4 person on the highway without struggling for overtake, I am not a rally driver but we should expect normal overtaking, Maintenance should not be very high as far as cost is concern (I believe Skoda will not fit into this), it should have decent feature (not really interested in fully loaded features).

I have driven Getz 1.3, Swift Vxi, Indica GLS, Accent, Ford Ikon, M 800 and a Santro GL, unfortunately I never get a chance to drive i10. So I did plan for TD (i10 & i20) on last weekend but I was failed to go.

Cars in the subject are Hyundai i10 Asta 1.2 (kappa) / i20 magna / Getz 1.3 GLS / Fabia classic 1.2

Thanks

---AnanD

Last Updated: 15-May, 2009 03:25 AM, by Anand
0 members liked this post

#2 15-May, 2009 08:35 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Have a look at the comparison amongst the 4 cars – go through the Specifications, Features & All Features.

My vote would go in favour of i10 Asta (Kappa) for the following considerations…

• It has better features – only car that has both ABS & Airbags – can be considered VFM (pricing/package).
  • Engine/technology & performance is very good (currently the most preferred/successful car in its segment).
  • Drivability & handling in city traffic would be better – it being lighter than the others.
  • It would return better mileage than others by 1-2 kms. 
  • Service & maintenance cost would be lesser than others’.

Do take a test-drive (with family).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 15-May, 2009 10:07 AM
Ami
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

I would second Pankaj. Also, I would leave Fabia out because of the high maintenance and also reduce the shortlist to i20/i10. 

#4 15-May, 2009 10:29 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Fabia - though has class & durability - suffers from low resale & service network/problems (besides the high maintenance mentioned by Ami). Getz (good car) somehow is not a very successful car.  It also suffers from low resale.

Between the short-listed by Ami, i20 has the same engine of i10 (Kappa).  i20 would provide extra space/comfort (not a matter of concern for you - 4 people).  i10 would merit more consideration - better features & VFM factor (discussed before), peppier performance, easier drivability (city) and better mileage.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 15-May, 2009 10:52 AM
Sridhar
Joined Date: 22 Dec 2007

just to add if we leave of fabia, Getz will be the one with the most powerfull engine and good pickup but it has the drawbacks of low resale as mentioned by other members . I20 is a VFM. if you intend to keep the car for a long time then getz can also be a good option

If you like the reply given by a member and find it useful, use the 'Like this post' button (thumbs up) at the bottom of that post than making a post just to thank that person

#6 16-May, 2009 06:41 AM
Anand
Long-termer
Joined Date: 14 May 2009

Sorry for the delay guys, I'll be flying to Europe on Sunday so was busy with few things.

Pankaj & Sri, Thanks a bunch...

- Fabia is not in my list now (due to high maintenance cost & less n/w of service)

- i20 is also out of view as of now, coz it is costing lil high for some features which i10 (Sportz/Asta) already have it, engine is same as i10 and I am not concerned about space so that can be kept in a side.

- Getz is good by all the means (except: mileage, upto my knowledge) but it was never a hot car. I have driven Getz more than 300km and found ONLY pick up problem with A/C on (is this a normal/common problem in this segment? bcoz of the small engine)... 

I am firm on i10 (hopefully)... just thinking between Sportz & Asta. Now, I have lot of day to think over it coz it looks I'll have to wait for couple of month.. I am eagerly waiting for the day!!!

Today, I will go for the Test Drive for sure... and will post if anything is required.

Thanks again

---AnanD

#7 16-May, 2009 07:20 AM
Walter Cardoza
Driven
Joined Date: 09 Dec 2008

HI Neo,

I got I 10 A/T from last 3 months,I never drove car on the road and i 10 was my first car,as pervote go for Asta,evan i didn"t check the feturs properly i went 4 sportz anyway i 10 is good car from Hyundai

#8 16-May, 2009 10:02 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Sportz costs 26K extra & comes with Music System & a few additional accessories - have a look at the comparison between the features/all features.

If you like the Music System of Sportz (quite decent/good in my opinion), go for it - else go for Magna & get a Music System of your choice retrofitted.

#9 16-May, 2009 10:11 AM
Endless
Driven
Joined Date: 15 May 2009

go for i20 magna, offers huge space, world class comfort and features and trusted Kappa engine.

Endlesss...

#10 16-May, 2009 11:21 AM
Esdasd
Long-termer
Joined Date: 23 Mar 2008

I would suggest the i20 Magna, a very fresh design and amazing interiors, however i10 Asta has also got good quality interiors and ofcourse the extra safty features(ABS n Airbags), TD both the cars, then it'll be easy to conclude.

Pages : 1234