Select Your City

for best experience

Comparison between the C-Segment Cars

#1 17-Oct, 2006 11:10 AM
Anand Sharma
New Arrival
Joined Date: 17 Oct 2006
I am planning to buy a C segment car. At present I have Wagon R Vxi model. A few cars in my mind are :- 1. Tata Indigo ( petrol & diesel) 2. Ford Ikon 3. Ford Fiesta 4. Hyundai Accent 5. Maruti Esteem 6. Honda City I am looking for a car which gives a good mileage and is low on maintenance + is a good city car to drive around in Delhi traffic. Please let me know the performance + mileage + prices . Thanks a ton

0 members liked this post

#2 18-Oct, 2006 01:27 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006
Dear Anand,

It seems that you have demanded a lot without telling us much about your buying preferences like budget, monthly running etc. A detailed comparison won't be possible for us at the moment, however, you can find the same in Research section. Also our comments on every car can be found in previously asked questions.

If you can afford any of the mentioned cars then as a whole City is the best bid. Fits into every desired aspect.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#3 23-Oct, 2006 11:40 AM
Anand Sharma
New Arrival
In continuation with my question regarding the C-Segment cars would like to add the following. Budget - 5 to 6.5 lac ( lowest EMI actually) Monthly running - 800 - 1000 km Actually, the fact is that I am looking for a car which gives a good mileage and is low on maintenance . How about AVEO !!!!

#4 24-Oct, 2006 05:04 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Dear Anand,

No problem, Aveo is good in this budget. We don't know what would be good mileage to you, but Aveo 1.4 will easily give you 10+ kmpl in city. Maintenance won't be much high, but yes, would be higher than cars like Esteem and Indigo. Interiors/looks is the best in its class.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#5 25-Oct, 2006 11:22 AM
Anand Sharma
New Arrival
Well, thanks a ton for your valuable inputs. One last question that i would like to ask is that if given a choice between the following seven cars which car would you prefer and why? Kindly rate them as 1,2& 3. It would really be beneficially as I am really confused. 1. Tata Indigo ( petrol & diesel) 2. Ford Ikon 3. Ford Fiesta 4. Hyundai Accent 5. Maruti Esteem 6. Honda City 7. Aveo Thanks once again.

#6 25-Oct, 2006 08:25 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
1. Tata Indigo Petrol - 5 (Poor resale, bad mileage and high maintenance)
1. Tata Indigo Diesel - 6 (good value for money, high maintenance)
2. Ford Ikon - 6 (good comfort, value for money, Poor resale, bad performance, mileage and very high maintenance)
3. Ford Fiesta - 7 (good technology, comfort, bad at maintenance)
4. Hyundai Accent - 7 (outdated model, bad mileage, rest all is good)
5. Maruti Esteem - 7 (slightly dated, good at performance, mileage and maintenance)
6. Honda City - 9 (not good value for money, rest all is just great)
7. Aveo - 7 (quite similar to Fiesta, engine is not that good though)

You can clearly understand that we would go for City for good fuel economy, low maintenance, highly reliable, good city driving, good comfort and very good resale.

#7 30-Oct, 2006 10:34 AM
Anand Sharma
New Arrival
Thank you so much for your inputs. Based on the same I am planning to buy Honda city ( basic version). Please let me know the best time of the year to buy car ( I have been told that from 15th to 31st Dec one gets the best deals + discounts). Also are there any dealer discounts + financier discounts etc. Thanks

#8 31-Oct, 2006 07:28 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Dear Anand,

Yes, this period is the best for buying a new car just because of the fact that people are not interested in buying this period. If you buy car in this period, your car will be called 2006-model which is a problem if you want to sell the car off sooner. If you want to keep the car for a longer period like 5-7 years, this will not hold any value then. Manufacturers understand this and provide good discounts. Financiers always provide discount on payout, if you bargain with them.

This discussion is closed for new replies.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)