for best experience

How to Cancel NOC and sell the CAR?

Pages : 12
#1 30-Jan, 2008 09:02 PM
Babu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Jan 2008

Hi,

I had purchsed a car in Thane(mumbai) and obtained NOC  for Hyderabad transfer ( almost 9 months back).But the vehicle is not registred in Hyderabad and is still in Thane.

Now, I want to sell this vehicle. Can any body help me what should be the procedure?

1) Is it posible to cancel the NOC here (or)  Is it automatically canceled ( b'coz it's  9 months old)

2) Do I need to get any  NOC  from hyderabad RTO?

plz help me..

Thanks in Advance....

0 members liked this post

#2 30-Jan, 2008 10:47 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

As per the procedure, on relocation to new place (Hyderabad), you need to take the NOC from the old place (Thane). Take the car to Hyderabad & get it registered there (by paying taxes etc.). Once registred in Hyderabad, you can sell it.

In your case, I don't understand how it has not been transferred yet & how is the car at Thane while you are in Hyderabad.  Please elaborate/clarify.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 31-Jan, 2008 07:11 PM
Babu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Jan 2008

Thank you so much Pankaj...

Intially I got job in Hyderabad. So I took  NOC to Hyderabd. But I got  the same job in Pune . So  I shifted to Pune.But the vehile kept at my friends place in Thane since I don't have parking place here.

this is the situation...

--Babu

#4 31-Jan, 2008 07:16 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Well, sell it in Thane itself - no hassels of transferring & all that. 

Regarding cancelling the NOC, I'm not sure, but logically speaking, there has to be some procedure to do that - it should not be a problem.  Contact a good agent.  For you it would be easier, as your friend resides there & your car too is in Thane.

Please post further developments over here - for the benefit of all. Thanks.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 15-Oct, 2008 04:40 PM
Prabu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Oct 2008

Hi,

I'm also in the same situation. TN vehicle -> Got NOC to move to HYD in 2006 -> Not registered in HYD -> Brought vehicle back to Chennai -> How to sell this now?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Prabu.M.

#6 16-Oct, 2008 05:18 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Cancellation of NOC at Chennai is necessary so as to restore the registration.  But I think you will need a letter from Hyderabad RTO certifying that your car wasn't re-registered there (though otherwise evident from the RC Book).

Only thereafter you should be selling the car.

#7 12-Aug, 2010 04:47 PM
Josy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2010

Dear Pankaj,

I read and understood your responses to ac4net and babu's queries, but still want a direct answer to me as well, a bit more in detail.

I'm in Bangalore and have purchased a Car here. On the RC book of this car, authorization from K.R Puram RTO (Bangalore) has been given stating "NOC issued to Thirupathi RTO." ... The person who bought the car in Bangalore, took it to Thirupathi (Andhra Pradesh) and used it there for 6 months, without registering there, and then sold it in Bangalore to some other person from whom I have bought now.

Some say that it is an offence to use the car here in this condition, and may result as a criminal offence. I'm literally scared.

As you know, our govt employees would not be happy to provide us with the right guidance. I have discussed this issue with some agents. Some say there is a work-around method of fixing it and it would cost around 6,000 including bribe. But I want to hear it from you, on the following.

1. Is it so serious an issue to worry much about it ?

2. Can I use my car on road, without restoring the registration at Bangalore RTO ? What are the consequences if I do so ? What if I meet with an accident while driving this car ?

3. What is the Solution ? Can you please do some research on this, and tell me what do I need to do, and how much it would cost me ? I do not wish to sell my car.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Josy

#8 11-Oct, 2010 12:37 PM
Sunil Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Oct 2010

Dear Membes,

I bought a Pulsar 200 (Dec-2007) in Gurgaon (Haryana registration). And in Feb this year, I was transfered to Chennai. So, I took NOC to Chennai. I have all valid documents (RC, NOC, PUC, Insurance)

Two months back, I got a transfer to Bangalore. Now I am a little confused about the procedure to follow so as to have my bike in Banglore. I really don't know the procedure to follow so as to obtain necessary documents (NOC, Non Utilizations of NOC...etc).

Request you to knidly guide me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

-Sunil

PS: My bike is still in Chennai with my friend. And I want to get my bike to Bangalore ASAP.

#9 14-Dec, 2011 04:58 PM
V Mukund
New Arrival
Joined Date: 14 Dec 2011

Hi All

Once you take an NOC for using your vehicle in a different state then it is registered, you are bound to get re regiter in that new state and the original states records will indicate that your vehcile has moved out to the other state to whom NOC is addressed. NOC normally have three or four copies.While two copies will be given to you with marking of the new RTO/City, the other NOC will be sent by registered AD by the original RTO where the vehicle was registered to the the new RTO/City. If due to some reason you are unable to go to the state where the NOC is issued or got back to the original state/RTO before reregistartion is done, then you may have to obtain a Non Uttilisation certificate of your NOC from the RTO to whom this is endorsed. It appears from Motor vehcile act, that there is no clear cut procedure for it nor any format for this.  Hence different RTO may have different practice on it. Where ever the RTO office is refusing to give this certificate, it would be essential you meet the RTO Incharge / Regionla Transport Officer and seek his intervention. he can even give a plain paper certificate stating that the said vehicle is not registered in his RTO/State. With this certificate and also with an affidavit that there is no mis use and your request is genuine, you should approach the RTO where you got the first registration done and apply for  cancellation of NOC. Since the NOC details would have been mentioned in your RC Book, it is not posible to either change the name/resell/remove NOC unless it is applied to the RTO.

The above proceess may be painful but it is the only way. Most RTOs will not cancel the NOC with out making sure, the vehcile was not earlier registered in a fradulent manner at the office of RTO to whom NOC was earlier issued.

In any case, if your stay in another state is temprory (less then eleven months) you can use the vehicle there with out reregistartion and payment of tax to the new state.

#10 19-Jan, 2012 05:42 PM
Vijay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2012

Thanks Mukund for your detailed procedure.

On question from my side.i buyed car in gurgaon and took NOC to bangalore. But i dont want to register my vehicle and go for the NOC cancellation.

so i requested RTO to provide pLain paper stating noT regiSterd in bangkaore. But ther were reluctant to give and said. You can go directly to gurgaon and give A affidavit along with this noc THAT I GOT FROM GUGROAN AS TEH PERIOD IS LESS THAN 6 months . it will suffice their reqts.

Now as i am remote location. its my big doubt that whether gurgaon RTO will accept or not.

is it mandatory to with Bng certificate

regards
Vijay

Pages : 12

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)