CNG Kit for Honda City 1.5 EXI

Pages : 1234
#1 13-Jan, 2008 06:35 PM
V Kumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Jan 2008

Hi,

Can you pl let me know about the CNG kit performance for Honda City 1.5 EXI

1.What would be the pros and cons of installig a cng Kit.

2. Milage & installation and running Cost?

3. Which comanpany's Kit is better.

Is it a good option to switch to CNG on honda city.

0 members liked this post

#2 10-Jun, 2008 12:06 PM
Karthikeyan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 May 2008

Hai kumar

i too was searching answer for this, if i get any cues, will inform u

#3 13-Jun, 2008 08:39 AM
Raj Bhambhu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Jun 2008

Hi

me too searching for the same answer . I want to buy old model Honda City that look more cool any body know please reply.

Is it reliable to install LPG on 2000-01 model honda city... or engine is allready exhausted for that or lag of technology... any idea.

Also people says that older honda city's normal average is around 15. Is it true..

any body owning the old model honda city please answer my queries

Thanks in advance

Raj

#4 05-Aug, 2008 08:48 PM
Prayank_2000
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Aug 2008
Posted by V Kumar

Hi,

Can you pl let me know about the CNG kit performance for Honda City 1.5 EXI

1.What would be the pros and cons of installig a cng Kit.

2. Milage & installation and running Cost?

3. Which comanpany's Kit is better.

Is it a good option to switch to CNG on honda city.

#5 06-Aug, 2008 07:08 AM
Khalid Sayed
New Arrival
Joined Date: 06 Aug 2008

I too have a 1998 Model Old Honda City. In City i get 10 KMPL and on expressway i get 12  kmpl (RPM at 5, Speedo Shows 180) Never have tried driving keeping the RPM Below 3 as advised by the ICHIBAAN Tech for a good average.

I am planning to go in for CNG as i am tired of the long petrol bills.

The people who know the way i drive suggest a LPG cos of my speed.

I am very confused. Someone suggest. What should i go in for.

If possible some good tech in south mumbai.

(Anyone thinks Honda doing an 180 KMS/h not possible i have some clips and stills 2 share)

#6 08-Aug, 2008 10:52 AM
Ralston
Driven
Joined Date: 09 May 2008

Hi,

I have a LPG kit - Zavoli installed in my City 1.5 Exi AT 1999 model.

Running cost - Rs. 4.6 per Km. An average of approx 8.5 on LPG in city. Since mine is an automatic transmission, this is expected. If you compare it with the rate of petrol, works out to 12.5 Kms per lit, which is excellent for a AT car.

I personally cannot make out the difference when driving on LPG, as I feel the power is almost equivalent. I am happy with the perfmance. And have done 130 kmh in the city on couple of stretches on the highway.

With regards to CNG, yes it is definately cheaper, however I do not have any idea on its performance. You have an option on adding an advancer unit to your car, which supposedly enhances the pick up and overall performance of the kit.

All in all, check your monthly running and if you intend to keep you City for that long so that you recover the amount spend on the kit. If yes, go ahead and install it.

It's a savior against the sky rocketing petrol prices. I use only premium in my car as the alternate fuel and the difference between premium and normal fuel is Rs. 5 as of now, which is ridiculous!!!!!

Hope this was helpful..

Cheers.

Ralston

www.ralstonraz.blogspot.com

#7 31-Aug, 2008 01:12 AM
Swapnil Kadam
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 Aug 2008

I am having a Honda city 1.5 Exi 2000 Type-2 model in mumbai. i've fitted LPG kit to it a year before and have run more than 10000 kms on it, believe me guys it's an excellent choice.

It gives me 14-15kmpl on highways and 10-11 in city. i've touched a speed of 160+ kmph on gas. engine is still in excellent condition. u jus need to do a servicing after 5000kms nothing else.

It's the best decision one can ever take to switch on LPG, which is a greener fuel and cost effective in today's sky rockin prices of petrol. running cost on highways is mere 2.5Rs/km.

Honda city is the best car to convert on LPG.  U can enjoy the experience of running the luxury car at very cheap cost. Go for it and save money for other things.

#8 31-Aug, 2008 01:23 AM
Swapnil Kadam
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 Aug 2008
If there's neone willing to buy Honda ciy 1.5 Exi model fitted with LPG kit let me know, as i am taking out my car for sale and going to buy a new car bcoz of salary hike. my no. 09930753602

#9 01-Sep, 2008 06:04 PM
Ralston
Driven
Joined Date: 09 May 2008
I agree. Its a lovely car.

#10 15-Sep, 2008 06:04 AM
Pradeep
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Sep 2008
Posted by Swapnil Kadam
If there's neone willing to buy Honda ciy 1.5 Exi model fitted with LPG kit let me know, as i am taking out my car for sale and going to buy a new car bcoz of salary hike. my no. 09930753602

What is your asking price?

Pages : 1234