Re-registration of car in Gurgaon from Bangalore

Pages : 1234
#1 20-Nov, 2007 10:19 PM
and
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Nov 2007

I am transferred from Bangalore to Delhi. I have applied for NOC with RTO - Bangalore. Since I would be staying in Gurgaon, I would like my car registration transferred to Gurgaon RTO.

1. Can I know how much Road Tax will I have to pay in Gurgaon

2. After paying Road tax in Gurgaon, how much refund will I be eligible from the Bangalore RTO?

Ashok

0 members liked this post

#2 21-Nov, 2007 02:02 PM
Jithendra Kaipa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Nov 2007
Ashok,
RTO is the right guys to answer your questions. They would require many inputs from you. Better you carry your RC for any query with RTO in this regard.

Jithendra Kaipa

Last Updated: 21-Nov, 2007 02:03 PM, by jkaipa

#3 29-Jan, 2008 11:25 AM
R K
New Arrival
Joined Date: 29 Jan 2008

Hi Ashok

I also hav recently moved to Gurgaon and have exactly these 2 questions (asked by you in the thread below).

If you managed to get your car re-registered could you let me know  as well

a) The road tax payable in gurgaon

b) The refund amount obtained in Banaglore

Thx

Anik

Posted by Ashok Deshmukh

I am transferred from Bangalore to Delhi. I have applied for NOC with RTO - Bangalore. Since I would be staying in Gurgaon, I would like my car registration transferred to Gurgaon RTO.

2. After paying Road tax in Gurgaon, how much refund will I be eligible from the Bangalore RTO?

Ashok

#4 29-Jan, 2008 08:24 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

In such cases, the car has to be re-registered at the place of relocation by paying the taxes afresh.  For the taxes paid at the place of earlier location, refund can be sought for - it will be refunded on pro-rata basis, but is a lengthy process.  It could be done with the help of a good agent & a local friend to follow-up.

Regarding the amount of taxes, taxes differ from state to state.  It is better to enquire at the place of relocation.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 24-Apr, 2008 05:49 AM
Gjrgjh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Apr 2008

Hi,

I am from Gurgoan / NCR region.

My take is if you are in the NCR region for a short while - 1-2 years, you may not require to do any re-registration . The RTO cops out at NCR are flexible at this point unlike ones in Banaglore. Reason being, Delhi being a capital, lot of outside state cars keep pulling in for a while.

Advisable, keep a letter / copy from your firm that you have been sent to Gurgoan for a short assignmnet, if you can get one, and show to the RTO cop if he quizez you (btw: the regular cops have no business t ask you for taxex, if one does, he has no jurisdiction).

dev

#6 24-Apr, 2008 10:38 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
As such, as I understand (not sure), Delhi has presently stopped registering vehicles from other states.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#7 16-Jul, 2008 08:15 PM
Automate
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jul 2008
visit www.automateindia.com to resolve the issue.

#8 18-Jul, 2008 04:41 PM
and
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Nov 2007

Thanks to all the responses. I approached RTO Gurgaon through Hyundai's Gurgaon Dealer (since my car happens to be a Hyundai Accent). I got the Registration transferred to Haryana and got a Haryana number now. The main requirements were two:

1. Address proof

2. Euro-3 certificate

There were no charges required for the re-registration in Gurgaon (Haryana) and the new registration card mentions Tax as "One Time Paid".

- Ashok Deshmukh

#9 20-Jul, 2008 11:58 AM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Jul 2008
Posted by and

Ashok

Dear ashok,

Saw this today only. If your car is still in Bangalore with karnataka registration, then we can exchange mine. santro XO 06 june, 11300 Km delhi registered. I am on hariharkumar@rediffmail.com  i am in bangalore. my car is here with me.

harihar kumar

#10 29-Jan, 2009 01:59 PM
Vinay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 29 Jan 2009

Hi Everyone,

I stay in Gurgaon and I have bought my car from Jabalpur(my Parents location) on my Name and on Gurgaon's Home Address. They have given me the car with a temporary Jabalpur registration.

Now my question is, inorder to get my car registered in Gurgaon, what should I do ? And how should I do it ? It is a little urgent since the car is standing idle. !

Thanks,

Nina

Pages : 1234