Detailed comparison betwn new swift and figo - Maruti Suzuki Swift User Review

Pages : 12
#1 21-Sep, 2011 04:21 PM
Jithu
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Nov 2011
Dear Friends,

I have written a review on Maruti Suzuki Swift and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Detailed comparison betwn new swift and figo 

Thanks.

0 members liked this post

#2 20-Jan, 2012 12:54 AM
Avinash Lewis
New Arrival
Joined Date: 20 Jan 2012

I own a Swift ZDi, milage of swift is 27.8 Kms /Litre, figo doesnot come near to it for that matter any car

#3 20-Jan, 2012 01:39 PM
M Bajaj
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2009

Jithu,

Good detailes comparison. Nice effort.

Avinash,

27.8 km/ltr is quite absure. Even Maruti claims ARAI mileage of 22 kmpl .

#4 13-May, 2012 05:29 PM
Prakash
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 May 2012

dear avinash,the 27.8km/lit. of mileage for swift-diesel must be at optimum speed in the highway. for,believe it or not ,my figo has given 29kms/lit. at optimum speed on the highway. i have driven around 9000kms.which includes highway and city rides and overall mileage obtained by me is 21kms/litre. the pick-up is terrific,ride quality is superb. 

#5 13-May, 2012 05:29 PM
Prakash
New Arrival

dear avinash,the 27.8km/lit. of mileage for swift-diesel must be at optimum speed in the highway. for,believe it or not ,my figo has given 29kms/lit. at optimum speed on the highway. i have driven around 9000kms.which includes highway and city rides and overall mileage obtained by me is 21kms/litre. the pick-up is terrific,ride quality is superb. 

#6 13-May, 2012 05:29 PM
Prakash
New Arrival

#7 03-Jun, 2012 05:06 PM
Ramesh Babu
Best-seller
Joined Date: 22 Jul 2011

Posted by Avinash.Lewis

I own a Swift ZDi, milage of swift is 27.8 Kms /Litre, figo doesnot come near to it for that matter any car

I dont second any of you. Both swift and figo gives a mileage of around 17 to 18kmpl on mixed conditions. The figures that u claim may be in highway. Also one more thing u have to notice is that Swift Zdi is almost 1 lakh more than figo titanium. Of course even swift vdi itself is costiler than figo titanium. Swift has lesser leg room compared to figo. Accept swift is bit wider, but is compenasted by better boot in figo.

#8 03-Jun, 2012 05:08 PM
Ramesh Babu
Best-seller
Joined Date: 22 Jul 2011

Posted by manishbajaj

Jithu,

Good detailes comparison. Nice effort.

Avinash,

27.8 km/ltr is quite absure. Even Maruti claims ARAI mileage of 22 kmpl .

So no point in discussing the cost saved in mileage it will take 2 years to claim ur cost spent more on intial cost almost 1 lakh than figo, I dont think the 1 lakh rs is justified in terms of swift. except it is branded by maruti and its ASS

#9 24-Jul, 2012 09:17 PM
Umang
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jul 2012

See, my friend owns the figo.He tells me he gets an average of 15 kmpl overall.

My swift gives me 18.2 overall and at 5th gear at 80 kmph it gives me 30 kmpl.

This was about average.When we come to performance. The swift no doubt vrooms way ahead of the figo.

The swift overall feels very big inside.Yes the boot is small.But that's fine.Not evryone uses the whole boot everyday.

The after sales service of MSIL is excellent compared to ford.The resale value is much better of the swift .

The drive ,the performance,the chassis ,the strong european like suspension,the driving position,the 5-star euro ncap result,the fun to drive factor,the looks,the great interior just make it worth the extra buck.

I tested the figo extensively as it was my first thought.But after test driving the swift,there was really no looking back.

In short and sweet terms, my heart and mind told me to go with the swift and my pocket told me to go for the figo.

P.S.-Lifes too short. Always listen to your heart.!;)

#10 24-Jul, 2012 09:17 PM
Umang
New Arrival
Joined Date: 19 Jul 2012

See, my friend owns the figo.He tells me he gets an average of 15 kmpl overall.

My swift gives me 18.2 overall and at 5th gear at 80 kmph it gives me 30 kmpl.

This was about average.When we come to performance. The swift no doubt vrooms way ahead of the figo.

The swift overall feels very big inside.Yes the boot is small.But that's fine.Not evryone uses the whole boot everyday.

The after sales service of MSIL is excellent compared to ford.The resale value is much better of the swift .

The drive ,the performance,the chassis ,the strong european like suspension,the driving position,the 5-star euro ncap result,the fun to drive factor,the looks,the great interior just make it worth the extra buck.

I tested the figo extensively as it was my first thought.But after test driving the swift,there was really no looking back.

In short and sweet terms, my heart and mind told me to go with the swift and my pocket told me to go for the figo.

P.S.-Lifes too short. Always listen to your heart.!;)

Pages : 12