7 Seater SUV/MUV

Pages : 123456789
#31 13-Aug, 2007 11:52 PM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007
Gurpreet,

Looks aside, the Endeavour is leages ahead of the car it replaced. As for the Captiva and Outlander, the former has been undergoing real-world testing on our roads in a cloaked form and GM should make it available in the showrooms by the year-end to capitalise on the festive season. As for the Mitsu Outlander, the launch might be defered till early '08. Also, there is the new Safari coming in and you might just be interested in taking a look at it. Another really cracking vehicle is the Nissan X-Trail. It has a potent diesel motor under the hood, goes well, boasts of good quality, is pretty fuel efficient for a SUV and is pretty reliable too. The one major lacking thing from your set criteria - its not a 7-seater!

I saw the inclusion  of an auto tranny in your list, and my friend, I think you'll have to wait for quite a while to see a n automatic SUV in such a price bracket.

0 members liked this post

#32 19-Aug, 2007 05:59 PM
Manish
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2007
Hi Gurpreet!!
Thanks for reply. I also like Montero but it is not in my budget.
Now I am thinking about Nissan Xtrail or CRV. CRV is ok only problem is its effieciency. What are the drawbacks of its CNG conversion?

If you can wait till next years 1st quarter then I have one good news for you. Volkswagen is going to launch its Tiguan model in India also. Its a superb SUV with very rugged looks.

Enjoy driving!!

#33 20-Aug, 2007 01:28 AM
Gurpreet Singh
Road-tested
Joined Date: 01 Feb 2006
Manish, I doubt if the the Volkswagen Tiguan will be a 7 Seater, since it is a Mini SUV.

#34 21-Aug, 2007 07:28 PM
Manish Sharma
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2007
Hello Gurpreet!!,
I think you are right. Tiguan is a 5 seater SUV. Sorry I forgot.

Why dont you try 1 or 2 years old suv's in market like Montero or Taureg or X5? You will definitly get some good deal otherwise only Endeavour or Pajero suits you.

My requirement is not 7 seater and also I can go for car besides SUV. Thats why I am doing research on Laura (Only rear leg room and low ground clearance is a concern in this vehicle) and Pajero (Only problem is expensive parts and interiors ) & also CRV is in my mind.  With in a week or so I will check these vehicles. If you have any idea on these vehicles pls comment. My daily use is in between 40 to 50 kms and I love to travel a lot but I dont know whether I will go off road or not?

Thanks for reading

#35 21-Aug, 2007 08:03 PM
Gurpreet Singh
Road-tested
Manish, I suggest you check out the New Honda Accord v6 ... at it's price, it's a Steal ... a 3,000 cc engine at around Rs. 18 lacs, and that too from Honda ... what more do you want. I bought a Honda Accord v6 Automatic, in March, and I love it.

#36 24-Aug, 2007 12:34 PM
Arjun Mukherjee
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Mar 2007

Captiva will be launched around April 2008. This is based on confirmed feedback from GM. It is expected to be priced in the range of 15-20 lac. However, Toyota Fortuner could be launched this year. maybe around Diwali. The Safari & the Scorpio (with new engine) is also slated for launch around Diwali this year.

Somehow, an 4X4 SUV with AT????????? I presume you will want to do off-roading with the 4X4. To enjoy your SUV you should go for MT and not AT.

Anyway its your money and choice. All the best.

#37 29-Sep, 2007 01:01 AM
Ajay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
Posted by Arjun Mukherjee

Captiva will be launched around April 2008. This is based on confirmed feedback from GM. It is expected to be priced in the range of 15-20 lac.

Hi Arjun! tahnks for the info .I too got a feedback from GM and i was told that the price of the captiva may even exceed the CR-V and the reason told was that it will be a diesel , 7 seater and bigger than the CR-V ??  I really dont know how will they sell a Chevrolet (daewoo) that is priced more than a Honda ... A ques only GM can answer .

#38 08-Oct, 2007 06:04 PM
Gurpreet Singh
Road-tested
I drove a Toyota 4Runner when in the US ... Haven't found anything as powerful, for that Price in India, yet !

#39 09-Oct, 2007 06:57 PM
Sahil
Best-seller
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2007
Hi gurpreet and manish i am also sitting in the same boat trying to find exactly the same car.I called up toyota kirloskar office and was told that fotuner is expected somewhere around dec,08 or jan,09...However it would be launched in 2.5L diesel and 2.7L diesel and would be around 14-15 lacs.Captiva would be launched somewhere around march,09...

#40 09-Oct, 2007 07:00 PM
Sahil
Best-seller
Joined Date: 27 Jul 2007
The 2.5L would be 102 BHP and 2.7 would be 138 BHP....Hope that toyota doesn't further delay the launch of fortuner...

Pages : 123456789