LPG OR CNG

Pages : 12345
#31 14-Jun, 2007 09:31 AM
saurabh mehta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2006

Hi Saurabh,

That one was my post for you which i posted earlier; which Siddharth couldn't quote properly. Previously also, I wanted to ask you one question, How come your car is running @ Rs2.75/km, it comes out to be 16kpl and that too in city???? Rs. 2.75/km is equal to a diesel car's running cost...

[^^/quote^^]

Hi Anurag,

Its true...a lot depends on your driving style, how well u maintain your car to get an optimum performance out of it. I may not install CNG kit as it will require maintenance at regular intervals because they r not as expert and professional as wat it required to be.(compare with factory fitted kit). I just donot want to waste my time with the mechanic in the workshop, will always prefer company fitted with warranty. Some of my friends have installed kit from outside n they r facing complications related to post fitment.

0 members liked this post

#32 18-Jun, 2007 02:56 PM
Sunil Shenoy
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jun 2007

Practically Speaking how much is the km/ltr difference in mileage for city and highway driving?? Take for example the Wagon-R DUO when used on petrol and on LPG.

Has Anyone ever faced deterioration of engine firing and noise when LPG is used over a period of time. Say for about a year or more.

#33 11-Jul, 2007 12:20 AM
Karan
Legend
Joined Date: 25 Jan 2007
well... its really nice to c how dis forum is full of queries,suggestions,and more and more exciting questions abt CNG and LPG... whichever way we go in this LPG Vs CNG battle...Planet Earth will be the Winner,since these are both clean fuels....(atleast at d time of burning,which is MUCH better than Petrol and Diesel). Well,apart from the Eco-friendly talk. YEs, i agree with Anurag...HOnda City is a gr8 option with CNG. And when one thinks of Selecting CNG over LPG,make sure u calculae exactly,how much u save.... because if you choose CNG,u'll surely want to recover the extra 25,000 odd,that u hav spent for CNG in place of LPG.

#34 11-Jul, 2007 12:32 AM
Karan
Legend
hi Sunil,well....Km/ltr mileage for City n Highway is sumthin which can be different at different times..... eg...for a normal office goer,the difference wud be more...since traffic during office hrs is pretty heavy,which cud reduce the mileage by 2-3 kms. and on the other hand...the mileage for a guy doing a grave-yard shift in a BPO can b close to the highway average !Since there is very little/no trafic so late at night. Well... taking the eg of d Wagon R duo.... LPG is sed to give a slightly lesser average than Petrol,but thanx to the different Torque and power set up by none other than the MAruti Engineers ( in short,the company fitted benefit!!)..d difference in Petrol and LPG average isnt much. well...my Wagon R Duo has burnt 4,000 til now. Driven mostly on LPG ofcourse.Der's no noise..infact with LPg it becomes smoother.

#35 11-Jul, 2007 12:40 AM
Karan
Legend
YES....abt Engine firing... i did get the feeling that the Car is mis-firing on LPG.... n i started to feel more vibrations on the gear... i took it to the Company owned service station,and they cleaned up the GAS-Air Filter.... This is the ONLY part in all cars using LPG/CNG which needs to b cleaned more often than the regular servicing. n 2ndly...dey told me to keep the Petrol Level as low as possible... ders no point of keeping more petrol in d car neway,since nobody uses petrol wen one has LPG/CNG as a fuel.

#36 29-Oct, 2007 11:55 PM
Vidhur
Best-seller
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
Posted by anurag

the running cost of a car on CNG will be half of that of LPG.

in mumbai ............ th running cost of cng has always been closer to two/third ........... not half

#37 08-Nov, 2007 12:53 PM
Ved Prakash
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 Nov 2007

I will suggest you to go for CNG because its safer than LPG and moreover you can endorse it in your RC.

Also you can find lot of CNG filling stations in Delhi and they are growing rapidly in metros.

CNG or LPG both cost your engine by 10 to 15 percent i.e. reduce the life of your engine by 10-15% but given the fact the low cost of running the car it is better to go for CNG or LPG. You can save 50% on your costs including the cost of reducing the life of engine.

So go for CNG in my opinion.

#38 09-Nov, 2007 01:33 AM
Vidhur
Best-seller

Posted by Banwari Lal Sharma

Well, both LPG and CNG are great as far as combustion is concerned. They  burn completely and don't leave anything unburnt inside engine. This leads to lower maintenance and better engine life. There are some rumours around that CNG leads to corrosion in the engine cylinders but I absolutely find no reason for the same.
As far as I'm concerned, I find both of these fuels better than Petrol from maintenance and engine life point of view.

it is true that lpg results in lowered maintainance costs and incresed engine life for reasons specified by banwari ..... but

1 imp point relevent to th issue has been overlooked completely

cng causes overheating ... while lpg cools th engine ... in comparison to petrol

it is this repeated overheating of th engine ....... hundreds and thosands of times ... which primarily results in increasing maintainance costs and considerably reducing engine life of a cng engine in comparison to petrol

so petrol is better than cng ... on both maintainance exp & engine life

it is in appreciation of these negative aspects of cng that used cng cars usually fetch a considerably lower price ... while good used lpg cars fetch an additional 8-0 k over its petrol value

#39 01-Dec, 2007 02:51 PM
Karan
Legend
Posted by Vidhur
Posted by anurag

the running cost of a car on CNG will be half of that of LPG.

in mumbai ............ th running cost of cng has always been closer to two/third ........... not half

ya..dat mite b true 4 Mumbai...bt 4 Delhi...the running cost o cng wud actually b half of lpg.....because of difference in rates also.

#40 11-Dec, 2007 10:59 PM
Vidhur
Best-seller
Posted by Ved Prakash

I will suggest you to go for CNG because its safer than LPG and moreover you can endorse it in your RC.

Also you can find lot of CNG filling stations in Delhi and they are growing rapidly in metros.

CNG or LPG both cost your engine by 10 to 15 percent i.e. reduce the life of your engine by 10-15% but given the fact the low cost of running the car it is better to go for CNG or LPG. You can save 50% on your costs including the cost of reducing the life of engine.

1. lpg is far safer than cng .... on th issue of pressure alone ...... lpg has a pressure of only 7kgs ... against a whopping 220 kgs of cng

2. far more car models can b endorsed on lpg than on cng

3. it is true that cng reduces engine life ... it is also true that domestic lpg reduced engine life ... but wot is available now for cars is autolpg .. which is beneficial to th engine .... and increases engine life by abt 15 %

Pages : 12345