What is the difference between Polo Comfortline and Trendline

Pages : 123
#1 25-Dec, 2010 06:42 PM
Adarsh
Driven
Joined Date: 06 Dec 2010

A friend of mine asked about the difference between the Polo Comfortline and Highline.He is looking for a new car.I haven't driven Polo so I couldn't help him.Help me friends.What are the differences and how good is Polo?

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
0 members liked this post

#2 25-Dec, 2010 09:13 PM
Adarsh
Driven

One guy told me that the major notable differences are tinted glass and rear seat power windows.My friend is very budget conscious.The absence of cd player even in the comfortline worries him.He is aware that it would cost him another 15 thousands more.He wants the price to be below 550000 with all the necessary accessories. He might get the trendline for 5lakhs.And if he adds 25 thousands more he should get all the facilities.

I am aware of the existence of aftermarket power windows for cars like swift but don't know if they are available for polo.Lets hope that there exists one.

polo trendline =Rs.500000

ice                =Rs. 15000

rear p.windows=Rs.  5000

lumar film      =Rs.  5000

total              =Rs.525000

Is this a possible configuration?i think it is

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

#3 25-Dec, 2010 09:59 PM
PaddleShifter
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jul 2010

Hi. I personally believe that one should not fiddle much with the electricals of the car.

Losing the warranty of a German car like Polo can turn out to be expensive. Already there is no free service with Polo. All services are paid. Why to risk the warranty?

Polo trendline is the better package out of the two. Comfortline does not really justifies the extra money spent as per the Polo India brochure I have.

It is good that Polo comfortline does not have a music system as there is no USB/AUX port even in top end variant of Polo. Better to get after market music system although stock one looks great as it integrates well with the dashboard.

Only thing is:

- Polo trendline comes in only two colors. White and Red.

- He will need to get the door handles and ORVMs painted to body color. Black ones spoil the clean looks of Polo.

Do not post biased comments and personal stuff. Read here: http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewThread-6785.html#post63056
Last Updated: 25-Dec, 2010 10:01 PM, by PaddleShifter

#4 25-Dec, 2010 11:48 PM
Adarsh
Driven

He is happy with the red colour.So no worry about the colour.But he was really disappointed when he saw this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/82560-meet-my-new-polo-tdi-trendline.html

He is worried about the colour of door handles and ORVMs.Is it possible to paint them red?Will the dealers do it for him?

#5 26-Dec, 2010 12:50 AM
PaddleShifter
Best-seller

What's disappointing in that Polo thread (I have missed something here)? It is one of the best Polo thread IMO. I have saved all the pics from that thread on my PC.

The ones that are disappointing are these (but All is well with both these cars now):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/80067-its-red-looks-sporty-its-vw-polo-edit-engine-head-change-6-months-10k-kms-7.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/89159-my-vw-polo-tdi-trendline-2000-kms.html

Anyways, Red is the best color on Polo IMO so I think its good that it is available on all variants.

Yes, it should be possible to paint them red. Dealer should be able to do it for him. If not, ORVMs and door handles can always be painted outside from any reputed paint shop in the region.

Do not post biased comments and personal stuff. Read here: http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewThread-6785.html#post63056

#6 26-Dec, 2010 01:06 AM
Adarsh
Driven

I was talking about the black coloured door handles and ORVMs man.Have you driven polo?How good is it?That will be the first question he is going to ask me tomorrow.Eventhough I haven't driven it,i told him that it is better than swift to make him happy.atleast that is what the experts say.But I am worried about the spare parts costs.

#7 26-Dec, 2010 07:25 AM
PaddleShifter
Best-seller

Posted by car_craze

I was talking about the black coloured door handles and ORVMs man.Have you driven polo?How good is it?

Yes, I am also talking about painting the black handles and mirrors red.

Regarding the drive of Polo, be assured that it is much better as compared to Swift. I do not have enough driving experience with Polo. Have been a passenger in it though.

Last Updated: 26-Dec, 2010 07:27 AM, by PaddleShifter

#8 26-Dec, 2010 10:29 AM
Adarsh
Driven

OK!I've told my friend about this website.He will register and post here soon.

#9 26-Dec, 2010 10:04 PM
Sanjay
New Arrival
Joined Date: 26 Dec 2010

Hi paddleshifter.I am Adarsh's friend.I would like to know about the after-sales service of Volkswagen.Is it poor like Skoda's?What are the major advantages of comfortline over the trndline?

#10 26-Dec, 2010 10:57 PM
PaddleShifter
Best-seller

Hi Mr Sanjay. Good to see you here. Welcome to CarWale forum.

Comfortline variant of Polo has the following additional features over Trendline:

- Metallic/Pearl effect paint (Trendline comes in two colors only- Red & White).

- Body-coloured outside door handles and mirrors.

- 60/40 split folding rear seat.

- Luggage compartment cover/parcel tray.

- Power windows for all 4 doors**.

- Height-adjustable driver's seat.

** Though Comfortline has all four power windows, the driver side door has switch for front two windows only, i.e. the driver can not open/close rear power windows himself and only rear seat passengers can operate it (This sort of takes away the major use of rear power windows in my opinion).

If I were you, my personal pick would be the Trendline variant (just my personal opinion) unless I find more features in Comfortline that are not mentioned in the Polo brochure. Innocent

Regarding After Sales Service of Volkswagen, it would be unfair for me to comment on it since I do not own any VW car. Only VW owners have the right to comment on its after sales service. I can merely say what I read in ownership threads on those people. Smile

Please visit the Polo/Vento ownership threads by Stamford/Master and get in touch with them.

Pages : 123