Car Registered in Delhi - to be sold at Kolkata - No NOC

#1 13-Mar, 2010 04:55 PM
Saurav Sinha
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Mar 2010

Hi

I have gone thru a similar thread. Still I have some queries. Hence posting the same.

I have a Car 1997 Maruti 800 DX model. Purchased and registered in Delhi. Then I left the job, took a job in Kolkata and came here. The Car is in my name, 3rd party insurance is also there. Only thing I could not bring the NOC.

I am planning to sell this car in Kolkata and take a new one. I understand from other thread initiated by Vishal Singh (Thanks Vishal) that without NOC also I can go ahead and sell, if I get a buyer , and I need to follow the process below : -

" I need to sign on the FORM 28 (application for noc for transter/sale). This form will need to have the details of the BUYER, ie his name & address.

I will need to give this FORM duly filled and signed to the BUYER along with the other documents. Also i need to have the insurance transferred to the buyer's name (using the Delivery note, other forms)

Then i send a copy of the TRANSFER FORM to DELHI RTO.

The BUYER then simply has to apply to delhi RTO for the change in NAME & re-registration."

I understand this process. Here are my queries -

a. I will sell this Car in Kolkata. So to change the name do I need to personally visit Delhi RTO, or if I send the documents via Registered post or Courier, it will do?

b. Buyer is supposed to go ahead and do the process for name transfer. But in case he delays or does not do it, then from my set of documents provided to RTO, can name change take place? Or Buyer's presence or approach to RTO is must ?

c. My present address and Buyer's address will be of West Bengal (RC has my Delhi address). So if we send the docuemtns to Delhi RTO, can it be an issue that both the persons are outside Delhi.

d. What are the documents needed to be prepared for this entire activity?

Will appreciate your kind help. My appology for long list of queries.

0 members liked this post

#2 14-Mar, 2010 07:12 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

To clarify, as per my understanding... For selling the car, you need an NOC - it can be obtained by the seller or buyer - before the name is transferred. 

If the buyer is from a city/state other than the car is registered at, the name transfer will be effected but the car can only be re-registered at the place/address of the buyer. RTO will issue NOC suitably in favour of the RTO under whose jurisdiction the address of the buyer falls.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 22-Mar, 2010 03:42 PM
Deb
Debanjan Dutta
Road-tested
Joined Date: 07 Feb 2010

Saurav, the only option you have to get any price for your car is to get it sold off to somebody staying in Delhi, NCR, Punjab, UP or Haryana since moveability within these 5 states are pretty much hazard-free. If you want to get it sold in West bengal or any other place, it will be too much of a trouble for you or buyer to get NOC and re-register it and do name changes etc. Have you paid Road Tax in West Bengal and if yes till what date?