Review Fiat Linea Emotion Pack - Fiat Linea User Review

Pages : 12
#1 18-Jan, 2010 11:51 AM
Kiran
New Arrival
Joined Date: 25 Jan 2010
Dear Friends,

I have written a review on Fiat Linea and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Review Fiat Linea Emotion Pack 

Thanks.

0 members liked this post

#2 25-Jan, 2010 03:32 PM
Dr Desh Deepak
Driven
Joined Date: 06 Jan 2010

Thank you KIran,

Your review is very informative and useful.

I am waiting for my linea emotion pack 1.4 fleminco red, like yours.

I was a bit skeptical about color but as you say this is well appreciated, hopefully it will not look very ostentatious. Since I am 50 years old and  dont know if red color will suit me.

Keep posting about your car.

dd

#3 25-Jan, 2010 03:37 PM
Kiran
New Arrival

Dear DD

Flmco Red is alos an elegant colour and not xtremely loud...so don't worry. Congratulations for your prized purchase.

#4 25-Jan, 2010 11:41 PM
Ranjan Gupta
Long-termer
Joined Date: 31 May 2009

Very good review. My Petrol Dynamic linea is giving me an average of 13+ with full AC on.

#5 29-Jan, 2010 05:07 PM
Kiran
New Arrival

Dear Dr. Gupta, Thanks for the compliment on the review. Would request you to please give me some tips so that I can improve the mileage my car. A couple of questions, if you can squeeze time to answer:

1. Regular Petrol or Speed/ Power (petrol with additives)?

2. Is 13+ the mileage reported on the trip meter or this is your calculation using full tank-empty basis?

Thanks in advance.

#6 29-Jan, 2010 05:47 PM
VahanPujari
Best-seller
Joined Date: 31 Oct 2009

Very good review Kiran

The mileage seems low due to Mumbai B2B traffic. Whats the avg speed in MID ? just check

What I've observed - In morning when I go to office from Home, I get 14-15 kmpl FE at avg speed of 30-35 kmph becoz of less traffic. On the same route back in the evening I get only 9-10 kmpl at around acg 20 kmph speed. On days of extreme heavy traffic when it takes me 2.5 hours to cover 31 kms & when the avg speed is 15-16 kmph, the FE reduces to 8-9 kmpl obviously

Amit.... "Fiat-Injurious to the health of the Eardrums"

#7 30-Jan, 2010 10:32 PM
Ranjan Gupta
Long-termer
Joined Date: 31 May 2009

Posted by KiranChonkar

Dear Dr. Gupta, Thanks for the compliment on the review. Would request you to please give me some tips so that I can improve the mileage my car. A couple of questions, if you can squeeze time to answer:

1. Regular Petrol or Speed/ Power (petrol with additives)?

2. Is 13+ the mileage reported on the trip meter or this is your calculation using full tank-empty basis?

Thanks in advance.

I donot use any fuel additives. This is also not recommended by Fiat. Amit gets the best mileage..may be he can tell us how to get more out of every drop of fuel. I have got maximum 13.9 km/lt. This is he average I got by Tank full method at average speed of about 40( This speed was shown on the meter). The trip meter also showed soething similar. 

#8 30-Jan, 2010 11:09 PM
VahanPujari
Best-seller
Joined Date: 31 Oct 2009

Posted by Dr.R.K.Gupta

Amit gets the best mileage..may be he can tell us how to get more out of every drop of fuel.

Thanks Ranjan. But no, I don't get the best mileage. May be because of Mumbai B2B traffic where I have to crawl daily for 2.5 hour for 31 km drive back home from office. May be because I'm a heavy footed driver & likes to vrroom & zoom the car with that typical sweet Italian Growl in 1st & 2nd gear Smile

Neverthless, Kiran, here is a simple, common & well known item on how to get the max FE. DRIVE WITH LIGHT FOOT. Every Push on the pedal consumes more fuel & reduces the FE. If you want to check, keep the Trip meter on MID on Instant FE display & Drive. When you push the pedal, FE reduces, When you push further, FE further reduces. When you are driving in 5th gear & takes the foot off from pedal, the FE will touch 50 kmpl & the car will continue running with similar speed which reduces very very slowly. e.g. on highways when I wanted to check FE, I drove light footed & at contant speed of around 90-110 kmph.  I did not need to puch the pedal at all, just a little touch (feather like). FE increases. In city also,  if you drive light footed, the car runs due to momentum (in 4th or may be even 5th gear, if you take off the pedal, the speed will not gradually reduce to a halt -car will continue to run at around 30-40 kmph speed with foot off the pedal.

In city I don't like light footed driving. I'm an aggressive driver & in any case there is a a fight for every inch in Mumbai crawling traffic.

Amit.... "Fiat-Injurious to the health of the Eardrums"

#9 02-Feb, 2010 09:26 AM
Kiran
New Arrival

Thanks for the inputs friends. I Have realised that probably my Trip Meter is faulty. Just completed a Navi Mumbai - Shirdi - Triambakeshwar - Navi Mumbai Trip over the weekend. Total distance of 558 Km. Didn't have to tank up in between and when I tanked up back home, my car gulped in 40 litres, which takes the mileage to 13+ (AC on 70% distance), which is pretty good considering I drove around 90-100 kmph most of the time. However, the trip meter shows 6.5 km. Spoke to Fiat dealership, they were reluctant to accept this. Probably will take the car to the dealership over the weekend.

#10 02-Feb, 2010 10:57 AM
Santosh Pawar
Long-termer
Joined Date: 28 Sep 2009

Kiran, I am not sure I understood you. You said total distance coverd was 558 kms while trip meter showed 6.5 kms? Or was it average consumption display at 6.5 kmpl?

Pages : 12