Comparison SX4 vs CITY, VERNA, LINEA, FIESTA - SX4 is an uncaged beast - Maruti Suzuki SX4 User Review

Pages : 1234
#1 19-Dec, 2009 12:08 AM
Divik Handa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2010
Dear Friends,

I have written a review on Maruti Suzuki SX4 and look forward to your comments on it.

Review Link: Comparison SX4 vs CITY, VERNA, LINEA, FIESTA - SX4 is an uncaged beast 

Thanks.

0 members liked this post

#2 19-Dec, 2009 06:34 PM
anonymous
Manpreet S Bala
New Arrival
Joined Date: 0
Honda City i-VTEC has beaten new Suzuki SX4 VVT with ease. Now, Who is the men? Honda brings SX4 to its toes.. 104ps no match for those impressive 120ps of raw Honda power on tap.. I own a City myself.

#3 20-Dec, 2009 04:14 PM
anonymous
Lokesh
New Arrival
"SX4 to me is the BEST CAR in its class.It is 2 L cheaper than the so called best car - has more features than most cars in its class - is an absolute fun to drive - never loses control of the road even at 140 speeds - gives me mileage in excess of 14 Km / Ltr - can seat so many people" -- Zigwheels

#4 22-Dec, 2009 11:20 AM
anonymous
Sruthiauto
New Arrival
i'm passionate about SX4 & just love her like anything. SX4 is one machine which just doesn't allow me to keep it away & as such have already run 1800kms in 40 days. Initial average is between 12kms - 13kms with my 90% city driving. Really good car & best in its class

#5 05-Jan, 2010 11:40 PM
anonymous
D
New Arrival
Manpreetbala....... only 120 ps does'nt make any difference. Does your City have - Steering mounted controls, Extra huge ground clearance, height adjustable seat belts, radio antenna inbuilt in the rear glass (no protruding antenna like the CITY), wide and huge tyres, amazing design, and the overall dimensions of SX4 (unlike New City which looks like someone left the design incomplete), so, SX4 makes City look like a feminine car.......

#6 04-Feb, 2010 05:44 PM
Premgy Varghese
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Feb 2010

Comparing sx4 with City is nothing less than quantity with quality.

Sx4 undoubtedly gives you a host features, lots of metal & huge mass. Good/best value for money (at purchase only?)

But

#7 05-Feb, 2010 03:38 PM
Puneeth
Road-tested
Joined Date: 31 Jan 2010

Hey Divik, 

Is your review comparing the cars that you have mentioned in your title?? Hmmm, let me see. 

Well, I don't see it!!!

I feel that you have strongly brought out the frustration that you have on the better Honda City in this review. Rear seat of sx4 cannot even seat 3 dwarfs lolzzz.

Honda is actually the one that is IN fashion my friend. SX4 is a good car but the CITY is the BEST in its class. And that is why it has been the class leader for so many years now and continues to do so. 

And yeah, after the launch of the Linea and the ANHC, the sales in favor of SX4 has dropped significantly. I guess its time for MS to rethink its 'man'. Coz the sales figures suggest that the real MEN are wayyyy ahead. lolzzz.

@Manpreet, its only when you sit in front of the wheel that has a 120PS engine with paddle shift for zero loss of power when changing gears, its only then that one will know the actual difference between the ANHC and the other cars in its class. Good choice man. Cheers to you.

Cheers!

Puneeth.

when life speeds by................. DOWNSHIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 07-Feb, 2010 07:19 PM
Kovaipurush
Driven
Joined Date: 24 Jun 2009

I am proud owner of SX4 vxi arctic white from Coimbatore.

Driving SX4 in Coimbatore does not justify its caibre or capacity. Once you take it on NH where it is possible to go beyond 120 kmph, then you can fully understand about the power and comfort of SX4. Easily i maintained 150 kmph and touched 160 without any fuss on my recent Chennai trip.  The road from Krishnagiri to Chennai is real world class golden quadrilateral and it was absolute pleasure to drive the car in that strech. No car in any segment, beleive me, not even a BMW could overtake this SX4 WITH AC. Only vehicle which could come near and give a little competition was a Xylo from Mahindra which also gaveup after some chase. Xylo was not able to negotiate curves as easily as SX4. You can easily negotiate curves in SX4 at 120. May be i was more enthusiatic since i took it for first time and rest of the drivers were not ready to compete on highways.

Many Hondas, Accents, plenty of Indicas, Innovas, Getz, Ritz were easily overtaken.

I started loving my sx4 more and more now.

#9 07-Feb, 2010 10:21 PM
Puneeth
Road-tested
Joined Date: 31 Jan 2010

Hey Kovai,

That is so nice to hear. I love driving on highways and it is wonderful that you have put forward your experience in a few words.  What you have said is actually partly right. SX4 is a gem on the highways. It is stable coz of its wider tires. 

But saying that not even a BMW can overtake SX4, wow that is quite a statement man. I don't think the driver in the BMW was driving too well. And yeah, the top speed for a xylo is 160 only. So no doubt it had to give up on a muscular sx4 after some chase.

Here is one video that you would want to watch my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OH601OwN7M

Many cars can overtake the sx4. The only thing is that it needs a good driver. And oh yeah one more thing. In the video that I have given the link to, the guy has tried out to hit the top speed at 4th gear.

Cheers!

Puneeth.  

when life speeds by................. DOWNSHIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 13-Feb, 2010 01:54 AM
Divik Handa
New Arrival
Joined Date: 13 Feb 2010

Hi Puneeth,

Its good to be proud of your possession. But, if only the name matters in the world, then thank you so much......... I am really a HAPPY owner of SX4 ZXi where I am not just paying for the brand...... but its value....got a good list of features like - Extra wide and bigger tyres, Steering mounted controls, glass antenna, huge dimensions, greater ground clearance, electronically controlled rearview mirror, apart from other features that a sedan would have, and guess what..... at a lesser cost dude...

And I dont know why people have 120 ps power when they never use it. I have not seen a single CITY dude driving at a speed greater than 80kmph. Whenever I drive from Delhi to Gurgaon I see a lot of SANTRO's overtaking HONDA CITY (by the way I own a Santro as well)..........lol

You know why CITY is the so called leader, its because most of the people go for its NAME and never actually test ride any other car. And about the youtube ad - its clearly a fake because there is no road visible, it seems as if the car is being run on the test wheels and not on the road, the passing lights would not appear like this in a running car.

And by the way do you know what PS stand for............lol...... Do you know what is Nm? What is torque?  I have driven an SX4 at 170kmph on the Pune - Mumbai highway and 150 kmph at Delhi-Agra highway and got a mileage of 15 kms/litre.

Dude I am a Mechanical Engineer and know what SX4 is made of..........my brother owns a NISSAN INFINITY and still has praises for the SX4......... I hope you know what NISSAN INFINITY is???? maybe if you get out of the CITY obsession

Avoid direct personal remarks on subjective grounds, go through the forum rules of acceptable posting.Also use proper formatting and avoid the '.........'

MODS

Last Updated: 13-Feb, 2010 05:29 AM, by Binoy.Thomas

Pages : 1234