Recommend Me a Car upgrades

Pages : 12
#1 13-Jul, 2009 02:11 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006

Guys,

I hope all of you have used CarWale's Recommend Me a Car tool at least once (if not yet, please try it). The service asks new car buyers for their preferences and recommends cars that suit them the best. The recommendations are absolutely unbiased and are purely a matter of algorithms, data fed and other calculations.

If CarWale wishes to upgrade the existing system, what changes would you like to see in it? The upgrades may be in terms of preferences, the way we ask preferences, recommendations, the way we show recommendations or layout/design of the tool. Smallest to biggest of the change you would like to see.

I am asking this because we are considering offering a significant upgrade to the tool and I wish to consider your feedback before designing it.

Look forward to your feedback.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html
0 members liked this post

#2 23-Aug, 2009 08:12 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma

No suggestions? Is it already perfect? Lol. Smile

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#3 23-Aug, 2009 08:42 PM
Anant Suryavanshi
Beloved
Joined Date: 03 Jul 2009

Its more of data problem,that an upgrade suggestion.  It doesn't recommend new cars like punto,i20 D,jazz(given the price range of 400000-800000) or does it?

It is what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning.

#4 23-Aug, 2009 10:08 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma

Thank you for the feedback, Anant. That's taken care of. I mean in the new version.

Let me summarize what all is coming in it.

1. As soon as a new car is launched, it will start reflecting in RMAC. Even if it doesn't have enough data to recommend. Recommendations for such cars will be provided as estimates.
  2. Entirely new interface for input and output.
  3. A brand new recommendation engine at the back-end.
  4. A few new preferences (and removal of a few existing preferences)
  5. All new design and look-n-feel.

A few more things which I am unable to recall at the moment.

Last Updated: 23-Aug, 2009 10:08 PM, by Banwari

#5 23-Aug, 2009 11:18 PM
Anant Suryavanshi
Beloved
Joined Date: 03 Jul 2009

Thats good!,when will it start working,i mean the new  version.

may be OT:I am concerned our privaicy on this site,any one can see our profile,photos, even if he is not a member of this community.The moment i type some name followed by carwale (xyz carwale)on google search, i can veiw his entire profile.Discusscusions should be for every body but profile should be restricted to members only.I am not well informed about the technical aspects of a website, and that how it can be made possible,but i strongly feel that it should be lookin into. 

This may not be the right place to put up this but i wanted bring it to your notice,if required to make a new thread for this please merge this post to a new thread,i was not sure, that  i should make a new thread for this or not. 

Expecting positive response from you,thanks

It is what we think we know already that often prevents us from learning.
Last Updated: 23-Aug, 2009 11:18 PM, by Anant

#6 30-Aug, 2009 09:31 AM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Hi CW team,

I did a recommend me a car run, and copy pasted the results in my post. Turned out that the hyperlinks embedded also got copied - that was the good part. I then thought of just looking into what was the URL associated with those links - turned out it was a relative address, referring back from the research location. Embedded in a post, I don't know if this relative address would be functional, or end up as a broken link.

For such referring convenience, could the research page recommendation list model name hyperlinks be made as complete URL locations rather than relative addresses?

If the relative links work, this suggestion is redundant. But let us know please.

#7 17-Sep, 2009 08:44 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

A few cars are repeated in the list of cars recommended.  For instance, have a look at these recommendations... on page 2, at no. 10, Logan GL 1.4 is listed twice & so is Logan GLE 1.4 at no.14.  Such repetitions I have observed various times in the past.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#8 17-Sep, 2009 09:25 AM
Banwari Lal Sharma

Pankaj,

We plan to make recommendations model-wise and hence club all the matching versions to one recommendation. This will solve the problem.

#9 17-Sep, 2009 11:22 AM
Anshu Jha
Joined Date: 26 Feb 2009

I would advise for an option of Beginner/Proficient/Expert drivers. It may or may not be relevant for every one,  but in most cases it has been found that new learners are not sure/confident of driving on highways even if they do mention the KMs they are going to travel. In such cases, they may land up looking into a car which might be tough for them to control or drive on highways. Also, we may recommend them to hire drivers or accompany any experienced drivers with them when on highways. This is obviously a personal choice,but I guess we can do our bit to create awareness about highway driving and hence reduce accidents. There are lot many experts in this forum and I would urge them to put their thoughts on this option.

Those who claim that they know everything do not know what they dont know.

#10 17-Sep, 2009 01:17 PM
Gurkanwal Singh
Road-tested
Joined Date: 26 Mar 2008

Your Recommend me a car tool is very good and as others also say,please be fast in updating on new car launches.

Also,in the parameter of comfort,please be clear to yourself and the others what is meant by better comfort,is it more space or more original fittings  or both or something else, let the concept of comfort be mentioned there on the page.

You guys at Carwale are doing great and I find your reviews and this tool to be upright.,one more general suggestion,let advertisements not overshadow your web site.We all understand what they mean to you in revenues but also that sites like Teambhp do not accept any and you have recently increased.

Pages : 12