for best experience

Share an Experience of FATAL Miss!!!

Pages : 1234567
#1 06-Feb, 2009 11:25 AM
Master
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2008

Well Guys,

Banwari's Thread of his Expence on Pune Expressway & Srni's Video of his Santro clicking 160kmph , reminded me of few of my expereances I had in past... Both will proove that How ever good driver you are , you are still at the mercy of many natural & Human factors.

1. We were Driving SUMO may be in the Month of June 2001, I was on the driving seat. We left for Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai , which we have been doing since last 14 years now. I usualy take MAHAD road(Goa Highway), as is more sinic. We left from Mumbai around 5.30 am & reached Vashi at around 6.30am. It was raining very heavy In mumbai , but was  bit better while we reached Vashi.

Since it was raining Heavy I was constantly driving at 50 to 60KMPH , & not overstratching at all. There was almost no trafic on the road & we were crusing comfertably,

The moment we reached I dont remeber the name of the bridge , but it was LONDON PILSNERS factory bridge , on our way up , our SUMO started skidding!!!!!!!!!I had not applied any brakes, it was a stright road up ward, & our speed was 55kmph. We were dragged towards our right , I turned steearing to our left & luckly it responded , & could avoide our self crashing with the center divider & it almost reached the wall of the bridge on our left , it turned & stopped facing absolutly in the opposit direction........

There was some oil spilled on the road, must be by some other Vehicle... & trust me guys we had no control on our selves....

We were lucky that our car did not crash on any of the wall , & there was no traffic on the road, where cars normally drive at 80 to 100Kmph or certainly it would have been bad for us as well as for som one travelling behind us.

2. Now this one is more scarry!!!!!!Foot in mouth

Again same SUMO , but this time on our way back from Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai, full packed A/c on with Family & cousins, on a stretch just before Pen( Bom-Goa Highway) in  the month of 2003 June. It was Sunny & no sign of rain. We were driving back & I was on the driving seat as usual driving at the speed of 80 Kmph constantly.

This is one of the stright stretch, which has no divider. I was driving behind a Tanker at abt 55 to 60Kmph , waiting for the appropriate opening to overtake , but there was constant moving traffic from the opposit side, so I was driving keeping safe distance behind the tanker.

I suddnly realised that a TATA Tempo from the opposit side started moving in to  our lane... I could not belive my eyes & made me wonder that whats wrong with this guy as there was absolutly no reason for him being stright road & there was nothing in front of him even to overtake...I yelled & alrted everyone as being stright road I had almost 5 to 7 Sec... I applied Full brakes & locked wheels!!! Tempo first Hit the Tanker throwing it down off road & came stright towards us.......Hitting on to our front right side...which broke our right headlight & made a dent through the safe gurd...& stood right in front of us...Trust me Looking at the condition of the Tanker & the Tempo, i woul say it just kissed our Sumo...Now if that tanker would not have ben ahead of us & we in place of the Tanker I can not even imagine what could have been the casualty...

The Tempo from the Front & Tanker from the side were damaged complettly & Both the drivers Bleeding , I really dont know condition of the Truck driver...& hope he survived later.. Tempo driver who was also hurt very badly kept on saying that his steering got jammed, but i felt he migh

Good things in life are never too expensive.....So called Best things May be.....

0 members liked this post

#2 06-Feb, 2009 11:41 AM
Master
Legend

I think I lost the rest of my type so I will have to re write the balance part here

might have gone of to sleep or may be he was telling the truth...

So no offence made how ever  good driver you are & how ever good your car is, you have only one life to live, which is not only controlled by you but by many others around you..

I my self has been a very fast driver thoughout since I was 8 controlling my Dads Lembrata accelarter standing in front to Bajaj Chetak-Vespa-Ind suzuki-Bajaj Kwasaki100-Yamaha Rx 100 to Honda MBX125 which was my last precious Baby.... till 1994.. which one day I decided to sell of only because I thought I need to act more responsible. I was considered as oneof the fastest driver in collage & working days (people still sware by itWink)... I am 39 now..still enjoy fast driving . I do touch 150 in my Palio on exp way , but only for few min ... i again fall back to 110 to 120kmph....

So guys , please drive safe.....

Just thinking while I type this that if my wife reads this she will certainly laugh at me, as she still belives that I am fast driver & will ask me to read my lips!!!! ha ha ha( is she diffrent then any other wife hereSurprised)

Good things in life are never too expensive.....So called Best things May be.....

#3 06-Feb, 2009 01:11 PM
Krishna
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2009

Sobering experiences, Satish! Thanks for sharing them!!

All should take back the learning that even when going at 50-60, with an alert and able driver, and you can still get out of control in a matter of split-second... so watch out!

Satish, BTW the character limit for posts is now 4k characters. It pays to start writing long posts in WORD (verdana/10 font) and then pasting it in the post box. Avoids re-write. Also splitting the posts logically is preferred (1 exp. in one post and one in the next...).

MODs: Can we take up an improvement suggestion here?

Keep an online character count / remaining count at the bottom of the box so the poster knows. At the remaining count going 0, disable any further entry.

#4 06-Feb, 2009 02:50 PM
Ami
Ami
Legend
Joined Date: 12 Sep 2008

Posted by Krishna

Keep an online character count / remaining count at the bottom of the box so the poster knows. At the remaining count going 0, disable any further entry.

This facility was there eariler. It got lost in the current upgrade.

#5 07-Feb, 2009 01:31 AM
Bobin
Best-seller
Joined Date: 05 Dec 2008

Long long ago when i was a kid we had fiat padmine in our house my dad had planed to go in that from our house in navi mumbai to kerala with a driver.We started early in the morning or evening i don't remember properly since it happen when i was in LGK or 1st class.

Everything seem to be normal when we were going & after some time the driver & other felt that some were tyre is burning we thought it must workshop as there were few in the right side of the road then then smel grow stronger then my dad & driver got doubt so they stopped and cheaked the tyres & to their horror the rear right tyre was on has started to burn so everybody left the car were standing out forgeting me inside as i was sleeping then they remembered that i was inside so they rushed to the car to take me out i was still in sleepy mood sat me on a milestone by that peoples from the workshop had brought water & poured water on the tyre.

Later it was discovered that the hand break was not down is was like that from the house still were the incedent happen.

Another 1

Again the same car were going to kerala & were on a bridge the driver was about to fall asleep on the bridge & the car was heading towards to the cememted fence as he was driving whole night  suddenly another car  blow horn loudly & he becaame active so then olny we came to know something was going to happen as everybody else was sleeping.

If anything above would have happen then i would not have  here to post this today.

Everybody wants to ride with you in the Limo, but what you need it somebody who will take the bus with you when the Limo breaks down - Oprah Winfrey

#6 07-Feb, 2009 09:41 AM
Master
Legend

Bobin ,

Earlier driving with HANDBREAK ON was pretty common as I think it was lack of awareness, now a days with Much more cars on the road , its now almost unheard of....

Thanks to the site simmiler to Carwlae, Auto Magazine & many other factors..

We use to travel from Mumbai to Vapi during my working days in 1990s. I am associated with Exports , hence always had many foreigners travelling alongwith. We use to leave by 6am & made a point to take ahalt half way irrrespective of any one asking for. I still remember very well that many time the first time foreign traveler use to oppose this halt as they felt it was waste of time but I always kept my foot down & insisted for the same explaining the condition of Indian Drivers & roads. Those days Mum-Ahmdbad was single track & Those Firangs soon understood & realised tht it was not only for Drivers sake but also for their own safty we well.

The moral of our expereince is Always ensure that the person driving has got enough rest before you handover your life in to his hands

#7 07-Feb, 2009 09:48 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

I would like to share a very unique & terrifying experience but... well, it doesn't pertain to the subject matter (Experience of fatal miss) - though it was 'on the road'.

I have posted it elsewhere before - here it is.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#8 08-Feb, 2009 12:50 AM
Karan
Legend
Joined Date: 25 Jan 2007

MY GOD Pankaj !!

I just read that post right now.

Its like a very strange,unusal,terrifying,Dangerous,post.

Its been 10 minutes since i've read your post.

i am generally the kind of person who visualises words into motion.

And trying to imagine the whole incident taking place is, --I just don't have words.

I can FEEL what you must have felt.And even while writing those 2 posts, I am sure each and every moment of that time came flashing to you.

i wanted to write more about what i felt, but i think right now,i need a short break!Undecided

#9 08-Feb, 2009 11:16 AM
Master
Legend

PANKAJ.....

THAT WAS NOT FATAL MISS...THAT WAS FATAL!!!!!!!!!

It was really unfortunate friend...

Apart of this any other exp u had.. do share as well....

Last Updated: 08-Feb, 2009 11:17 AM, by Master

#10 08-Feb, 2009 12:55 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

That was an experience - on the road / while driving.  It was fatal but not for me or because of me.  And I wish he had missed it. 

I still remember the entire episode (after so many years) - it comes alive from time to time on some occasions - like it did last night.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

Pages : 1234567

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)