Select Your City

for best experience

Share an Experience of FATAL Miss!!!

Pages : 1234567
#41 26-May, 2011 10:03 AM
Kiran
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Feb 2009

Insurance company replaced front door and repainted entire side. Now, it looks as it was earlier....

Insurance company calculates depreciation based on which, I have to bear some amount of it.

0 members liked this post

#42 18-Aug, 2011 05:51 PM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

Yesterday, it was my relative's family ( about 8 members ) who were returning from Vishakapatnam, anakapally to Hyderabad in the evening by Scorpio

Around 4:30pm on the highway , believe they were speeding and had encountered an un-expected pothole on the road, the driver ( i believe my cousin ) swerved it to avoid getting into the pothole, result car toppled and did 3 dives . ( heard it from my cousin's words describing the accident scene)

I think God only saved them and heard from him at around 7pm that none of the members were hurt badly and there were just some bruises.

But kudos to Mahindra for this sturdy vehicle, it has saved valuable lives.

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

#43 18-Aug, 2011 06:06 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

OT, but the scorpio is very prone to roll-overs. Usually, if I hear an about a scorpio accident, it will be a roll-over. Owners must know the high stance of the car and must keep the speed within limits. The build is sturdy and hence helps, but the handling is worse.

Return of petrol power!!

#44 18-Aug, 2011 07:37 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Its the high ground clearance that is responsible. IMO SUVs made for Indian roads will be prone to this.

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.

#45 19-Aug, 2011 09:47 AM
Kiran
Long-termer

Oh..Thank god no injuries...

I observed the same found Scorpio owners replacing thicker tires.. Is it for the same reason ?

TATA Sumo was also prone to tumbled for sharp turning..

#46 19-Aug, 2011 03:16 PM
Bhavin Shah
Best-seller
Joined Date: 12 Aug 2008

@ sunsril, thank god your relatives are saved. I think driver has learnt a lesson..

Yes scorpio is prone to topple due to higher stance.

@ kiran, nice to hear from you since long.. Kepp it up. I request, do participate in other threads too.

#47 19-Aug, 2011 03:23 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

Posted by kiran.joshi

I observed the same found Scorpio owners replacing thicker tires.. Is it for the same reason ?

Thicker tyres can increase road grip. This will help in preventing the car from skidding off the road in a corner. But in the case of the scorpio, its a combination of Soft suspension + High COG + High GC. Add to it the possibility of a luggage carrier on top, which further shifts the COG higher. This will roll the car no matter what tyres the car has. Only that the prescence of a wider tyre MAY PREVENT this to a SMALL EXTENT by retaining road grip. 

A harder suspension + a little bit of weight balancing will improve the situation.

Return of petrol power!!

#48 19-Aug, 2011 04:05 PM
Mahesh
Beloved
Joined Date: 21 Jul 2011

might seem to be off topic - but cannot the company guys think on this & while bringing the next version rectify the issues found in earlier version?

#49 19-Aug, 2011 04:53 PM
Kiran
Long-termer

@ kiran, nice to hear from you since long.. Kepp it up. I request, do participate in other threads too.

Yes Bhavin, I am trying to get back into driver seat

#50 19-Aug, 2011 05:16 PM
Rohit
Joined Date: 10 Nov 2008

Posted by Macsvin
might seem to be off topic - but cannot the company guys think on this & while bringing the next version rectify the issues found in earlier version?
The way it works if they make the suspension hard it will affect comfort. Somehow the mentality here is that if its a big car (or SUV) it should be comfortable (especially if its expensive). Soft suspension and good handling are sort of opposites - improve one and the other degrades. Now, given the Indian buyers' mentality, if the SUV makers make the suspension hard it risks damaging their sales - I mean people will say "why should I buy so-and-so for 7-8 lacs and not get a comfortable ride?". As simple as that. This is especially true for vehicles like Scorpio/Xylo/Safari/Sumo. Not sure, but I feel Innova/Tavera are probably somewhat better because of their lengths. No one can truly blame the manufacturer because they gave the car a soft suspension and then it rolled over - driver should understand the risks of driving at speed and be sensitive to the vehicle's dynamics (feel the vehicle, that is). You can't expect every thing to be taken care of by the car, right?

S = k.I^2, where S is the amount of stupidity a species possesses, I is the intelligence the species has and k is the universal constant of stupidity.
Last Updated: 19-Aug, 2011 05:24 PM, by rohit.b.d.

Pages : 1234567

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)