Share an Experience of FATAL Miss!!!

Pages : 1234567
#31 10-Feb, 2011 06:02 PM
Satishmaster
Legend
Joined Date: 09 Oct 2008

@sri: That was indeed a scary experience. BTW good to hear from you after a long time & you did come out with a bang Foot in mouth. In my Vento post I had mentioned few days back that I now intend to reduce my speed between 80 to 120 km/hr during vapi trip. Road due to construction work have become unpredictable & one certainly need plenty of time to react. I still was a bit carried away on my way back from Vapi , but will try & stick to my resolution Undecided.

@ Thanks Bhavin for your support. This just reminded me of my drive in lovely old Premier Padmini. I had just started driving & was asked to drop one of our relative to the Mumbai International Airport. I was really excited. We were around 5 of us in car. On my way back , people from Mumbai will be able to recollect that there is huge curvy road from departure. This was one of my first drive & I reached speed of around 45km/hr which kept increasing on slope. I took on the first curve & thought thats it... Its over now, but to my surprise it was almost like half circle & it continued furthur. I had no clue & had already reached a speed of 70km/hr. At that point of time I thought that I will certainly ramm in to the wall , but some how I managed to keep car away from the walls...

& here I am pledging my self not to drive fast Tongue out

Good things in life are never too expensive.....So called Best things May be.....
0 members liked this post

#32 11-Feb, 2011 05:16 PM
Sankalp
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2009

A REAL FATAL MISS!

Dad was driving the SX4 on Kolar-Bangy Highway, got a call on his phone and pulled the vehicle to the side. He finished the call and we started off again. We were just 50m away from our starting point and we saw a very fast approaching tempo. He didn notice a pile of material on his side of the road and went over it, right in front of us, and with the same speed, he went next to us at a 45 degree angle, balancing over two wheels and then crash landed on the spot where we had stopped previoulsy. This was the most dangerous confrontation till date!

Every time we think of enjoying smooth, silent and killer petrol engines, they call a rise in petrol prices!

#33 12-Feb, 2011 10:13 AM
Satishmaster
Legend

@Sankalp:That was scary as well.

I am missing Solitair king(Anshu's) post here.

Com on Anshu. I am sure you have a lot to share here.

Good things in life are never too expensive.....So called Best things May be.....

#34 23-May, 2011 05:21 PM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved
Joined Date: 28 Mar 2011

I wanted to mention a scary incident here, yday i was driving my New ALTO K10 with my sister and 4 chilren on board in Chennai Beach road, I had to stop my car at a signal that was switching from orange to red within 15 feet, so i slowed down and stopped it. The MTC A/c bus which was coming behind, instead of stopping behind us , just took a swerve to the right in a split second and overtook me so closely and jumped the signal ( eventhough it was showing red). My family was shocked to see how close he came to our car and overtook us.)

Being a new car owner and driver, this has left me really scared.

ALTO K10 VXI Dhantenan - Let's Go

#35 24-May, 2011 03:07 PM
Kiran
Long-termer
Joined Date: 17 Feb 2009

While coming back from office on Saturday, I was crossing over bridge on right lane. Suddenly, loader rickshaw coming from opposite side lost his balance and coming to me with speed and driver was not able to control it.  (later on, I saw that rear driver side wheel of rickshaw broken down) 

I was not in position to understand or recognize what is happening but to turn left. Though, it smashed my side mirror and scratches entire drive side of car from front bumper, doors and tail light Cry.

All I could say, It could have been massive accident and heavy damage if I couldn't turned take my car left.

#36 24-May, 2011 08:52 PM
Satishmaster
Legend

Hey Kiran , Extreemly sorry to hear about your car but happy to know that you are safe.

Take care.

#37 25-May, 2011 10:46 AM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved

It's so painfull to see our vehicle damaged for no fault of us driving, To add to this injury we have to run around for claiming insurance and repairing the car to get it back in shape. ( the stress and pain we undergo witthout our own vehicle and trying to commute in public transport is again a woeful story)

Kiran, hope you will get your vehicle back in good shape and have a safe and happy journey.

#38 25-May, 2011 01:51 PM
Anand
Best-seller
Joined Date: 20 May 2010

I remember an incident long long ago, when I was just out of college. It was the night of 31st December and I - along with my friends - were walking along the EEH at Chembur towards a hotel for some revelry. On the highway, we saw an Omni van in the 1st lane suddenly veering towards the 2nd lane to overtake a truck which was ahead of it on the 1st lane. However, the Omni ended up hitting the left rear of the truck, veered dangerously towards the left and came to a halt on the far left side, towards where we were walking.

We all rushed towards the van; traffic on the highway stopped and within seconds there were a lot of people all trying to remove the people trapped inside the van. There were a couple on a scooter who stopped near the van and the lady riding pillion got down and rushed towards the van. The scene inside was all bloody and the driver must have taken the brunt of the crash. I - chivalrously - tried to stop the lady and requested her to step away. She showed no signs of moving away from the crash site. At some point, she got exasperated and screame at me, "F*%# You, I'm a Doctor, will you f*@#ing allow me to check those b*(@#$@s?

I was too shocked to react for some time.

Anyway, we did whatever we could, halted a tempo on the highway, got all the passengers on the tempo and I went with the temp to the Rajawadi hospital. The doctors and police there were very helpful, took down my statement and then allowed me to leave and join my friends. 

#39 25-May, 2011 02:07 PM
Surya Markandeyan
Beloved

Anand, you did a good thing by helping the people in the accident. ( take the positive )

On the other day when i was riding my bike, saw a small stray dog hit by a scooter in its legs. It was alive , just that it could not move because of the shock and it was looking for help from someone to put it aside on the platform, but including me none of them stopped and they avoided running on it and swerved and went their way.

i was turning back and looking at the helpless animal for a minute. Eventhough my heart was wanting to help it, but i had concerns of where to park in the middle of the traffic and how to pick it up from the road and all that, so i too, feel ashamed, like all others left the scene with heavy heart saying to myself that it's fate is to be in that situation.

I feel very sorry for that dog and also cursing myself of not being helpful in that situation.

#40 25-May, 2011 03:20 PM
Anand
Best-seller
Joined Date: 20 May 2010

I've been witness to several accidents and in each of the cases, there were a lot of people who would assemble immediately and provide help. In most cases, I also join in and so far there has been no harassment from the hospital staff or police. On the contrary, I've found them all to be very helpful.

Last year, we were travelling to Goa on the NH17 and on the way (I forgot the name of the village now), I saw a mini bus ahead hit a cycle on the road. The bus didn't even bother to stop. I told my friend to stop (he was driving the car), we all got down and rushed towards where the cyclist had fallen down. He was bleeding from his head. Soon, villages gathered nearyby, a rickshaw pulled up. A lady from the village came and declared that he was not from this village and must be a guest of someone. The rickshaw guy agreed to take him to the hospital. A policeman on a bike came there soon (he was patrolling this stretch), took our statements and let us all go. I gave Rs. 100 to the rickshaw guy to take him to this hospital and since the wounded guy had regained consciousness and started talking, we left him in the care of the policeman and the kind villagers and continued our journey to Goa.

I remember some months back on the Pune Mumbai expressway, just before the food court on the way to Mumbai, I saw a Swift cut in half and some passengers and seats thrown outside. I saw some people helping a passenger (possibly the driver or  co-passenger) come out the car. I had my wife and a 4 year old kid with me and this was the only reason why I didn't stop, since help was already being rendered to them. I called up the highway police number from my cell, informed them about the accident and they said, someone is already on the way as they have already received this info. They thanked me for the call and I continued my trip to Mumbai.

Pages : 1234567