Shifted my car to Mumbai from Hyderabad. Road tax / Octroi / Registration ?

Pages : 12345678
#31 03-Jan, 2012 08:18 AM
Naresh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Jan 2012

Thanks Nimit,

But can I drive this bike in Mumbai without registration (MH number plate).

Last Updated: 03-Jan, 2012 08:18 AM, by naresh.bawankar
0 members liked this post

#32 16-Jan, 2012 02:10 AM
Jitendra Vyas
New Arrival
Joined Date: 16 Jan 2012

Hi

I hv a 2007 model Maruti Dezir car registered in New Delhi and it was purchased in the name of my company. Now i hv shifted to Mumbai and planning to stay here for more than 5 year so do i have to get the registration done again in Mumbai and what is the process to get it done. What taxes and other charges i hv to pay again in Mumbai for this process.

#33 16-Jan, 2012 11:21 AM
Kamath
Best-seller
Joined Date: 30 Jul 2010

You have to pay road tax and Octroi. In addition to that you have to get the car registered in Mumbai (for stay for more than a year).

You will need an NOC from Delhi RTO for this. Not too sure if you need to get the name change done on the RC book, but if you are no longer associated with the firm then it makes sense to get the name change (it will happen only @ delhi)

Costs will depend upon the age of the car. Octroi cost is 4.5% of the book value.

Others drive to live. I Live-2-Drive!

#34 16-Jan, 2012 02:50 PM
Jitendra Vyas
New Arrival

Thanks for update.

I m associate with the same company and working from Home since we do not have any registred office location as of now.

Can u update me what all formalities and documents are required to get this car registered in Mumbai in the name of same company.

#35 16-Jan, 2012 03:20 PM
Kamath
Best-seller

If you are still with the same org, then only one step is less. i.e transfer of ownership from company to you. Rest all procedures needs to be followed.

Where in Mumbai are you? If your RTO is Andheri RTO, I can help you.

#36 18-Jan, 2012 12:52 AM
Jitendra Vyas
New Arrival

Appreciate your help.

I stay in Kandivali.

#37 18-Jan, 2012 07:40 AM
D Biswas
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2012

Hello everybody - I need some specific help. I'm shifting my base location from Kolkata to Mumbai during Feb 2012. I have bought a used 2008 Honda City car at Kolkata from a friend of mine, and would be shifting the car also to Mumbai. I'm buying the car at a cost of Rs. 3.20 lacs at Kolkata. I am getting the NOC done from Kolkata RTO. I need your help. How much would be my approx cost of road tax in Maharastra (Mumbai) which I have to pay. Since the transportation is paid by my company, would I still have to pay Octroi in Mumbai ? The car will be delivered to my doorstep in Mumbai by the packers & movers company directly. Need your kind assistance.

#38 18-Jan, 2012 01:31 PM
Kamath
Best-seller

Posted by JituMumbai

Appreciate your help.

I stay in Kandivali.

I have sent you a PM.

#39 18-Jan, 2012 01:35 PM
Kamath
Best-seller

Posted by Debasish.Biswas

Hello everybody - I need some specific help. I'm shifting my base location from Kolkata to Mumbai during Feb 2012. I have bought a used 2008 Honda City car at Kolkata from a friend of mine, and would be shifting the car also to Mumbai. I'm buying the car at a cost of Rs. 3.20 lacs at Kolkata. I am getting the NOC done from Kolkata RTO. I need your help. How much would be my approx cost of road tax in Maharastra (Mumbai) which I have to pay. Since the transportation is paid by my company, would I still have to pay Octroi in Mumbai ? The car will be delivered to my doorstep in Mumbai by the packers & movers company directly. Need your kind assistance.

Better to buy in Mumbai considering that you will be here for 5 yrs.

Note that if you get a car form another state, you will have to pay octroi @ Navi Mumbai/Thane toll naka if you get in via a P&M. You can choose to drive it in and pay octroi later.

Octroi cost is 4.5% of book value. Besides this you have to pay road tax and registration charges in Mumbai.

#40 18-Jan, 2012 11:53 PM
D Biswas
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Jan 2012

Thanks for your response. But I have 2 basic queries / clarifications to seek :-

(a) the cost of buying a 2nd hand car in Mumbai is far higher than that at Kolkata.

(b) moreover, the total kms usage in Mumbai for a 3 years old car is much high when compared to Kolkata.

I'm going to stay at Mumbai for a max of 2-3 years for my transferable job. If I get a good deal at Kolkata, and thereafter pay road tax for Maharastra, do I have to still register my car in Mumbai ? I think the RTO & police should be happy if I'm paying the Road Tax at Mumbai and then can drive around the car freely.

I've seen many DL number cars in Mumbai. They do not register their cars in Maharastra as they are on transferable jobs. They get the NOC from their own state & pay the road tax, and then keep on driving the car.

What is your suggestion please ?

Pages : 12345678