Select Your City

for best experience

Is it possible to trace owner by vehicle registration number?

Pages : 12
#1 04-Aug, 2008 01:01 AM
Ashish Mandelia
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Aug 2008
Hi. I'm not entirely sure if this is the appropriate forum for this thread (I hope it is)... but my question is simple: Is it possible to trace the owner of a vehicle knowing the registration number? How does one go about doing this?

Any information would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Ashish

0 members liked this post

#2 04-Aug, 2008 11:39 AM
Binoy
Joined Date: 23 Apr 2008
the answer is simple...YES!!
the local RTO will be able to give you the details

#3 05-Aug, 2008 10:24 AM
Deepam
[BANNED]
Joined Date: 04 Dec 2006

hello ashish.

yes binoy is right, just go to ur rto office & get the information.

#4 22-Oct, 2009 09:39 AM
Bijesh Joseph
Beloved
Joined Date: 22 Jun 2009

Bangalore RTO started and SMS service to obtain the information on a vehicle owner by sending the registration number to 56006. Within seconds, the name of the vehicle owner and the vehicle details will be displayed on the SMS sender’s mobile screen. Details of 16 lakh vehicles (registration numbers starting with KA-01, KA-02, KA-03, KA-04 and KA-05 only) have been stored in the database.The details of around 70 lakh vehicles will be uploaded in the next eight months. One can type RTO<space>KA-05-AA-0000 and send it to 56006 from the mobile phone. Each SMS will cost about Rs 3

Kerala motor vehicle department website has this feature, but i guess thier database is not updating the owner changes, the original owner information with vehicle details can be obtained by giving reg number. Check the site..

In the Blue Blazee..!

#5 22-Oct, 2009 11:53 AM
Opendro
Long-termer
Joined Date: 02 Nov 2007

The problem comes when people don't update the address in their RC books, driving license, passport, etc. etc. Sure, everybody would update their address in bank passbooks, gas delivery books, etc. for obvious reasons.

Theoretically, we should update the address to the lastest. Recently my friend got a letter from traffic police with penalty of some violation. Such a thing is possible only if the RC book is updated with latest address. And in cities, people change address more often than one would imagine.

#6 24-Oct, 2009 06:13 PM
Praveen Tyagi
Best-seller
Joined Date: 30 Aug 2009

Yes you can trace the owner with the RC. And even the complete history

#7 26-Oct, 2009 02:24 PM
S Menon
Best-seller
Joined Date: 18 May 2009

Different states have different methods of accessing this information, but yes its available.

In Kerala for instance, you can trace a vehicle's registration details online if you have the registration number at this link:

http://smartweb.keralamvd.gov.in/kmvdnew/services/registration/Dereg_details.php 

Keep those wheels turning!

#8 10-Dec, 2009 05:27 PM
Siva
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Dec 2009

hello my friend mom got accident . we r having a bunch of numbers if it is posilble to find the number please us. we r from tamil nadu...

any information ll be appretiated. i cnt allow this peron to let him out because she is dead now,,, please help to find this killer ....

#9 06-Apr, 2010 10:11 AM
Praveen Tyagi
Best-seller
Joined Date: 30 Aug 2009

You can get the information Online also.  Just log into the states RTO website and feed in the number and you will get the information.  even with the help of Police they can trace the owner.

very sad to hear that your friends mom is dead.

#10 04-Sep, 2010 06:29 AM
Ravi
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Sep 2010

Please tell me the owner and his address of the vehicle in tamil nadu with registration number         TN-22-BK-XXXX

MODS - This forum/thread is not to reveal any personal details through registration number but it is for the query asked by a member on whether its possible to get the info, if yes how? Please avoid posting anyone's number, including yourself on forum

Last Updated: 19-Apr, 2011 01:42 PM, by SolitaireKing

Pages : 12
This discussion is closed for new replies.

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)