Select Your City

for best experience

RTO TAX REFUND / TRANSFER POSSIBLE ??

Pages : 12345678910
#41 10-Dec, 2008 10:20 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Sorry, I'm not aware of it.  Hope someone from TN is able to post some info here.  In the meantime, please enquire locally (TN).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
0 members liked this post

#42 27-Dec, 2008 11:00 AM
Vanraj
New Arrival
Joined Date: 27 Dec 2008

Dear Mr Pankaj Prasad and other friends

If I purchase car from delhi on temporary registration, is it possible for me to register in Gujarat within one month.

If yes, then is there any entry tax etc.

pls advice

#43 27-Dec, 2008 09:58 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Yes, you can purchase it from Delhi.  Based on the temp. registration (& insurance), you can drive it to Gujarat & get it registered here. 

The entry tax is 4% (not very sure - will update if any +/-).

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#44 29-Dec, 2008 11:06 PM
Dharti
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Dec 2008

Apply in form "A" under Right to Information Act along with precribed fees in prescribed form,.seek for information (1) copy of the procedure /progress on my appliction for refund dt.............(2)Name of  Persons respossible to treat my application, (3) what is time limit to clear application (4) what time you will take to make me refund,(5) who is responsible for delay.

#45 31-Dec, 2008 10:52 PM
Dharti
New Arrival
Joined Date: 11 Dec 2008

Posted by Manish

I was in Surat , Gujarat and paid lifetime tax on Maruti purchased their. Subsequently shifted to Dehradun and paid lifetime tax but did not take refund of tax paid at Surat. Now I 've shifted back to Ankleshwar, Gujarat. Am I need to pay lifetime tax again in Gujarat?

-Mehta, Ankleshwar

On arrival in Gujrat within 7 days one has to acknowledge in prescribed form FT to rto, enclose proof of tax paid in gujarat, ie. certificate acquired from rto surat, it enable you to get exemtion from paying life time tax again.

Last Updated: 31-Dec, 2008 10:54 PM, by dhartichokshi

#46 10-Aug, 2009 06:14 PM
Rakhi Gupta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Aug 2009

Hi Pankaj, I am planning to buy a new car. Currently I reside in Mumbai but will move to Delhi after 1-2 years. Wanted to know what would be the transfer charges I would incur for re-registration of this car in Delhi. As I would already pay road tax in Mumbai on purchase, will I be paying additional taxes in Delhi on transfer. What is the procedure for getting refund from Mumbai RTO, if any?Or is it possible to purchase it now from Delhi and run it in Mumbai for 2 yrs and take it back to Delhi after that.

Please suggest.

Last Updated: 10-Aug, 2009 06:23 PM, by rakhi.gupta

#47 10-Aug, 2009 07:15 PM
Pankaj Prasad

If the car is purchased/registered in Mumbai, it will require to be re-registered in Delhi on your relocating there by paying life-time tax as applicable to old cars on depreciated value assessed by RTO (Delhi).  Thereafter you can seek pro-rata refund of life-time paid at Mumbai (cumbersome job).

If you buy it from Delhi & use it in Mumbai, you will have to get it re-registered in Mumbai by paying the life-time tax as discussed above.  In that case, you need not seek refund of life-time tax paid at Delhi – it will continue to remain valid when you relocate back to Delhi.  Once you relocate back to Delhi, you can seek refund of life-time tax paid at Mumbai.

#48 28-Nov, 2009 09:24 AM
Chrstopher
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Nov 2009

What is CRTI? What are the documents for Road tax refund from bangalore RTO .

I have the RC book with the new address endorsed by the other state RTO.i have

#49 02-Dec, 2009 12:04 AM
Pankaj Prasad

You will have to produce the RC Book & Receipt of tax paid (new state).  Refund is a cumbersome job.  Agents manage well.

#50 02-Dec, 2009 07:19 PM
Darshan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 02 Dec 2009

I have purchased a used car here in bangalore. It was originally registered at Bharuch RTO. I have re-registered at bangalore by paying the necessary road tax. Can anyone guide me how to claim refund of tax already paid at Bharuch RTO?

Pages : 12345678910

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)