RTO TAX REFUND / TRANSFER POSSIBLE ??

Pages : 12345678910
#31 12-Nov, 2008 02:17 PM
Pritpal Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2008

Sir, I am in going to purchase 2nd hand car (swift, Euro-3, 2008 model) which is registered in Uttar Pradesh (UP15). Now, I have come to know that it will not be registered at all in delhi.

Plz suggest me ASAP that should i purchase it or not. 

Pritpal Singh

0 members liked this post

#32 12-Nov, 2008 08:13 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

I too have heard so.  But I suggest you to ascertain/verify the facts from some reliable source in Delhi RTO - there could be some provision (not sure).

However, in case it cannot be registered at all & if you are to stay at Delhi itself, it would not be prudent to buy this car - buy a car that is Delhi registered.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#33 18-Nov, 2008 04:43 PM
Kamlash
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2008

I am coming from Bangalore and would be registering my vehicle with BS3 norms at Delhi.

Anyone having any RTO agent phone number then please let me know.

kamleshp2002@yahoo.com

Thankyou so much for the help -

#34 24-Nov, 2008 03:21 PM
Sivakumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 24 Nov 2008

Dear Friends,

I bought my ex-employer's car at Bangalore and transferred ownership @ Bangalore itself. Then I moved to Chennai and re-registered in Chennai by paying the life time road tax.

Please let me know whether I can get the refund at Bangalore (even though the original road tax was paid by my comany). Will the refund order be in my name or my ex-company's name?!

I have processed all the necessary documentation like CRTI etc and awaiting refund order from Bangalore.

Looking forward for response from this group.

#35 25-Nov, 2008 05:13 AM
Pankaj Prasad
I think the same will be refunded in your name, as the vehicle stands transferred to you on purchase.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#36 25-Nov, 2008 04:41 PM
Manish Mehta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Nov 2008

Ref your previous reply " You need to get an NOC from Dehradun RTO in favour of Surat RTO & get it re-registered at Surat within 3 months from the date of NOC  - based on the life-time tax paid earlier at Surat.

I'll enquire tomorrow locally & confirm.  "

I 've obtained a certificate from Surat RTO that i've not claimed refund from surat, but i'm not clear about procedure to be adopted at Bharuch RTO (where I 'm required to reregister the vehicle in view of residence falling in Bharuch district
), can u please guide

#37 26-Nov, 2008 12:12 AM
Jk
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 May 2008
Dear Mr Pankaj,
I was in delhi past 2 years and now I came to mumbai before 2 months. May be in one year again I have to move to delhi. Meanwhile shall i have to re register here or can i drive on delhi no itself?

#38 26-Nov, 2008 10:29 PM
Pankaj Prasad

@Manish, I don't think there should be any problem in re-registering the vehicle in Bharuch based on the certificate issued by Surat RTO that the taxes stand paid.

@Jk, for use exceeding 3 months to 1 year, 1-year tax is payable & the vehicle can be used as it is (you can drive on Delhi no.).  Re-registration & paying of life-time taxes arises if the stay exceeds 1 year.

#39 27-Nov, 2008 01:04 PM
Jk
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 May 2008
Hi,
Thanks Mr Pankaj

#40 10-Dec, 2008 06:17 PM
Venkat
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Dec 2008

Hi,

I read the thread and found the information useful. Thanks.

I have a UP (noida) registered car bought few months ago. Now I am moving to Chennai. When I enquired the transfer procedure, I was told that entry tax of 12.5% and road tax of 8% is applicable. This is like 20% of the cost of the vehicle!!! Can some one confirm if its so bad out there in Tamilnadu?

Regards

Venkat

Pages : 12345678910