• Select City

Please tell us your city

Knowing your city allows us to provide relevant content for you

City auto-detected. Confirm selection or change here if you wish.

Please enter your city.

RTO TAX REFUND / TRANSFER POSSIBLE

#31 12-Nov, 2008 02:17 PM
Pritpal Singh
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Nov 2008

Sir, I am in going to purchase 2nd hand car (swift, Euro-3, 2008 model) which is registered in Uttar Pradesh (UP15). Now, I have come to know that it will not be registered at all in delhi.

Plz suggest me ASAP that should i purchase it or not. 

Pritpal Singh

0 members liked this post

#32 12-Nov, 2008 08:13 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

I too have heard so.  But I suggest you to ascertain/verify the facts from some reliable source in Delhi RTO - there could be some provision (not sure).

However, in case it cannot be registered at all & if you are to stay at Delhi itself, it would not be prudent to buy this car - buy a car that is Delhi registered.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#33 18-Nov, 2008 04:43 PM
Kamlash
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Nov 2008

I am coming from Bangalore and would be registering my vehicle with BS3 norms at Delhi.

Anyone having any RTO agent phone number then please let me know.

kamleshp2002@yahoo.com

Thankyou so much for the help -

#34 24-Nov, 2008 03:21 PM
Sivakumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 24 Nov 2008

Dear Friends,

I bought my ex-employer's car at Bangalore and transferred ownership @ Bangalore itself. Then I moved to Chennai and re-registered in Chennai by paying the life time road tax.

Please let me know whether I can get the refund at Bangalore (even though the original road tax was paid by my comany). Will the refund order be in my name or my ex-company's name?!

I have processed all the necessary documentation like CRTI etc and awaiting refund order from Bangalore.

Looking forward for response from this group.

#35 25-Nov, 2008 05:13 AM
Pankaj Prasad
I think the same will be refunded in your name, as the vehicle stands transferred to you on purchase.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#36 25-Nov, 2008 04:41 PM
Manish Mehta
New Arrival
Joined Date: 05 Nov 2008

Ref your previous reply " You need to get an NOC from Dehradun RTO in favour of Surat RTO & get it re-registered at Surat within 3 months from the date of NOC  - based on the life-time tax paid earlier at Surat.

I'll enquire tomorrow locally & confirm.  "

I 've obtained a certificate from Surat RTO that i've not claimed refund from surat, but i'm not clear about procedure to be adopted at Bharuch RTO (where I 'm required to reregister the vehicle in view of residence falling in Bharuch district
), can u please guide

#37 26-Nov, 2008 12:12 AM
Jk
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 May 2008
Dear Mr Pankaj,
I was in delhi past 2 years and now I came to mumbai before 2 months. May be in one year again I have to move to delhi. Meanwhile shall i have to re register here or can i drive on delhi no itself?

#38 26-Nov, 2008 10:29 PM
Pankaj Prasad

@Manish, I don't think there should be any problem in re-registering the vehicle in Bharuch based on the certificate issued by Surat RTO that the taxes stand paid.

@Jk, for use exceeding 3 months to 1 year, 1-year tax is payable & the vehicle can be used as it is (you can drive on Delhi no.).  Re-registration & paying of life-time taxes arises if the stay exceeds 1 year.

#39 27-Nov, 2008 01:04 PM
Jk
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 May 2008
Hi,
Thanks Mr Pankaj

#40 10-Dec, 2008 06:17 PM
Venkat
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Dec 2008

Hi,

I read the thread and found the information useful. Thanks.

I have a UP (noida) registered car bought few months ago. Now I am moving to Chennai. When I enquired the transfer procedure, I was told that entry tax of 12.5% and road tax of 8% is applicable. This is like 20% of the cost of the vehicle!!! Can some one confirm if its so bad out there in Tamilnadu?

Regards

Venkat

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)

Hi, your browser seems to be a bit outdated !!

CarWale works best in the new generation versions of all the popular internet browsers. Update to the latest browsing experience by downloading any of the given browsers.
Simply click on any of the icons below.