Select Your City

for best experience

RTO TAX REFUND / TRANSFER POSSIBLE ??

Pages : 12345678910
#11 09-Apr, 2008 03:55 PM
Kundan
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Apr 2008

Its true that one has to get his vehicle re-registered if the intent of stay is more than an year in a particular state. But one more information is that only those vehicles which are Euro-3 (or Bharat-3)are allowed to be registered in Delhi NCR, other metros, and 7 other picked up states. If your car is not Euro-3, it wont be registered in Delhi, metros,and other 7 states. If your car is Euro-3, you wont be having any problem to get it registered in Delhi or any state (Ive confirmed this from transport office). The taxes which you need to pay are :-

- 2% of car price if car is less than 4 L or 4% if more than 4L as road tax.

- 2300/- MCD parking fee and registration fee

- 370/- Smart card fees.

The time taken is generally one month. Im in trouble and constantly hovering around transport department as I have to bring my car Santro Xing 2005 model here in Delhi which unfortunately is Euro-2 

0 members liked this post

#12 08-May, 2008 07:32 AM
Microsoft India R&D Ltd
New Arrival
Joined Date: 08 May 2008

Posted by Sunil Sharma

Thanks Pankaj

After inquiring from some acquaintance at Delhi I am told that presently Delhi RTO has stopped registering vehicles already registered in other states.

Can any one confirm this ?

Hi I got my car re registered in Delhi though you would require documents for that.

First get NOC from the Gujrat RTO and if your car is financed u'll need noc from teh financing authority also. After getting NOC if you don;t get your car rgistered in Delhi within a week it will e treated as late and instead of paying 5000rs as road tax u'll have to pay 12000 rs with penalty. Besides this there are other documents required for which detials ar available on the website of Delhi
RTO. Agents won't do the job of getting no regustered because there is no money to be made in it. You have to do it yourself, it takes about a month to get your car re registered in delhi and you need to go to the counter where smart cards are made in Delhi, Chirag Delhi RTO. 2-3 visits can do the job for you.

There are 6 RTO in Delhi so please check where u'll live in Delhi go to that RTO

#13 10-Jul, 2008 11:16 AM
Sanjay Kalra
New Arrival
Joined Date: 10 Jul 2008

Hi all

I have UP registered Car,with one time Tax paid in Year 2004.

Then I shifted to Jaipur ( Rajasthan ) and has been driving for last two years but few day back I was held and was asked to pay Tax ( as in this time I got made permannet DL/ Insurance etc here itself ) ....though the officer said..I could pay Tax for one or two year or one time - as per my wish and get refund from UP..but when I visited RTO..I was asked to pay full..Which I paid ..two days back

No body asked me to get RJ number ..Should I do this ..as Likely I will relocate after some time..And How should I get refund of my old Tax..( the original tax was around 7800/- and now new tax is also 7100/-

#14 09-Sep, 2008 06:08 PM
Sahil
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Sep 2008
Hi,

I have relocated from Hyderabad to Noida. I had a Total Indica DLX model and I piad 40K for its registration in Hyderabad. Problem is that before I could get it registred in Noida my car was stolen.
So I don't have a new RC to be sent to Hyderabad for refund and car was just 1 year old.
So can you please tell me what best I can do in this case.

Regards,
Sahil

#15 09-Sep, 2008 11:14 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
You will have to file an FIR first.  Based thereon & your request, RTO will issue a duplicate RC Book.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#16 12-Sep, 2008 12:45 PM
Sahil
New Arrival
Joined Date: 09 Sep 2008
Hi,

I have already filled the FIR and infact got the insured claim also.
What should I do next?

#17 12-Sep, 2008 02:31 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Oh, I'm sorry.  I somehow misread your query (post #14).  I thought your RC Book is stolen, and that, you are enquiring about the procedure to obtain a new/dupblicate RC Book.

Anyway, in this case where the car has been stolen & insurance claim obtained.... though I'm not sure, I don't think RTO will issue a new/duplicate RC Book nor will it refund the life-time tax paid by you earlier (though logically it should).

Anyway, I will enquire & revert with some info.  Sorry once again.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.
Last Updated: 12-Sep, 2008 02:35 PM, by Pankaj.Prasad

#18 07-Oct, 2008 06:22 PM
Pramod
New Arrival
Joined Date: 07 Oct 2008
Hello, I have moved from Karnataka to AP and also registered my vehicle in AP. Now I am trying to claim refund of life tax from Karnataka - has anyone ever done this? Is it worthwhile to go to Bangalore and try my luck? Any help or suggestions on this is most welcome. By the way - their website clearly mentions that we can get refund. But I want to know how realistic it is. _http://rto.kar.nic.in/refund-tax.htm Thanks Pramod

#19 07-Oct, 2008 07:35 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Yes, the provision is there for refund on pro-rata basis.  But is indeed a tedious job.  Try through some good & reputed agent - things would move faster & better.

#20 15-Oct, 2008 03:05 PM
Sunil
New Arrival
Joined Date: 15 Oct 2008

Hi ,

As per privious update refund of life tax is tedious procedure but could you please explain what is the procedure and if all documents are submitted but still no reply from RTO then what we have to do?

Pages : 12345678910

Ask the Experts

1800 2090 230

(Toll free)