Review Popularity (User Written Reviews)

Pages : 12
#1 15-Feb, 2008 02:03 PM
Rajiv
Legend
Joined Date: 26 Nov 2007

I suggest carwale.com should update the Review Popularity Section. This thing i noted when I himself was checking review of Mr.Gurkanwal Singh and I was amazed that comments on that review was not favouring review yet the Review Popularity graph was showing that 99% visitors liked his review.

I checked it and find that he is increasing the review popularity himself, If someone refresh the page, He can vote again, thats why anyone can increase the rating of his review. So, I suggest carwale.com to update this section by putting a lock so that no one can vote again from the same IP address just like webdunia and other sites.

One can vote on these sites but can not vote again to disturb the data.

People dont change when you tell them that there is a Better option... They change when they realise that there is No Other Option..
0 members liked this post

#2 15-Feb, 2008 05:55 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Good suggestion. I endorse it.

It is a fact that anyone can increase rating of his/her own review  - though not many may be indulging in such an act (or many not be knowing about it).  

Anyway, it is a matter of concern from CarWale point of view also because someone may increase the rating of his/her reveiw which actually does not merit good rating, and in the process may project CarWale in bad test

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 15-Feb, 2008 06:39 PM
Rajiv
Legend

Thanks Pankaj,

If carwale will work on this point, user will get correct reviews with very good points and experts comments on each review.

You can check my review and comments u will find a kind of fight is going on between me and Mr.gurkanwal singh/Mr. Nipun bharti, which is not good, My review is my experience only.  I will update it also coz there are some points which i want to share with everyone. I am here coz i love driving and I like inputs of u people, Sri, Banwari Lal n others are really good experts and my knowledge about cars increased now and credit goes to you people coz i was a layman only who drives, i didn't knew much about technical things of cars.

People dont change when you tell them that there is a Better option... They change when they realise that there is No Other Option..

#4 21-Feb, 2008 10:11 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006
Rajiv,

I think we have had a discussion on this. Maybe you wrote to contact at carwale dot com?

Barring IPs will help but it will lead to another problem. Bigger organizations have static IPs, so if we block such an IP address, all people from that organization won't be able to vote anymore. Anyways, I promise you that I will come up with a solution very soon.

Thanks a lot for bringing the issue up.

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#5 24-Feb, 2008 04:28 PM
Rajiv
Legend

Sharma Ji, I have checked this thing at webdunia.com, there you can vote but if you will try to vote another time, you will get this message AAP KEWAL EK BAAR HE MAT KA PRAYOG KAR SAKTE HAIN. I guess in that voting section they have put a barring, i guess its ips only.

Its a very nice site, but user reviews will be more fruitful if user will get a neat n clean review with actual voting.

Regards,

Rajiv

Posted by Banwari Lal Sharma
Rajiv,

I think we have had a discussion on this. Maybe you wrote to contact at carwale dot com?

Barring IPs will help but it will lead to another problem. Bigger organizations have static IPs, so if we block such an IP address, all people from that organization won't be able to vote anymore. Anyways, I promise you that I will come up with a solution very soon.

Thanks a lot for bringing the issue up.

#6 26-Mar, 2008 03:22 PM
Gurkanwal Singh
Road-tested
Joined Date: 26 Mar 2008

I have just come across  some  baseless allegations  being thrown at me by name in various forums by Rajiv Parashar and I have found it necessary to join the issue by asking  the allegation raiser to either withdraw the same or come forth with proof and logic  thereof .

#7 26-Mar, 2008 04:06 PM
Rajiv
Legend

Every user is invited to please check my review page and check all the comments and discussion held between me and Mr. Gurkanwal Singh, I was the first one who come to know that few people are playing with the Review Popularity section.

How can its possible that review rating is increasing and decreasing drastically? even in half n hour or so more than 60 hits on my review page and all the 60 users clicked on No?

And please check other point when I mentioned to one Mr. Nipun Bharti, Check the answer please, I said Looks like you and Mr. Gurkanwal singh is the same person? Please read his reply "

I LIKE REVIEW AND REPLIES BY GURKANWAL SINGH AND I READ THESE WITH INTEREST.HE BRINGS A LOT OF DATA AND GOOD ARGUMENTS WHICH MAY SOME TIME REFLECT IN MY WRITING.READERS ARE VERY INTELLIGENT LOT AND I SUPPOSE THIS IS THE REASON FOR MY LIKING HIS REVIEW.I ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT WHEN IT IS NOT A GENUINE REVIEW.THANKS ALL THE SAME.

"

And if someone is increasing his review popularity by refreshing his review page and clicking on Yes, review is useful, which I am 100% sure that Mr. Gurkanwal Singh was doing coz over 200 positive votes in a day and that too on a review of SPARK, which ofcourse is not that popular car till date and I dont think 200 visitors visit Carwale.com everyday to check the Reviews of SPARK. On the other hand I checked Other Reviews too on SPARK & i would like to mention that NOT A SINGLE VIEW WAS INCREASED AND NOT A SINGLE VOTE WAS INCREASED OR DECREASED IN REVIEW POPULARITY SECTION.

So, I am very clear about what I mentioned here in this thread that few people are playing with review popularity section by increasing their review rating and decreasing others.

No harsh feeling, no personal comment, I am a user, I love cars and I love spending my free time here at carwale.com

#8 26-Mar, 2008 06:01 PM
Banwari Lal Sharma
Joined Date: 19 Jan 2006
Gurkanwal and Rajeev,

I would request you two to please give up arguing over such small things. I understand there are flaws in review popularity mechanism and CarWale.com hasn't been able to resolve it. But please, rest assured that the problem will be resolved in very near future. I apologize for the inconvenience caused

View new CarWale logo: http://www.carwale.com/forums/35839-new-carwale-identity.html

#9 26-Mar, 2008 09:16 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Yes, it hardly matters - we should not be bothered about what others do.  And I'm sure CarWale will improve on the mechanism.

Cheers everybody & no ill feelings, please. Thanks

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#10 27-Mar, 2008 01:34 PM
Rajiv
Legend

No problem Sharma Ji & Pankaj, I have no ill feelings, Its childish too. I detected a problem and I mentioned it. I love this site and I hope very soon problem will be sorted out.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv

Pages : 12