Road Tax in Karnataka

Pages : 1234567891011
#11 19-Jul, 2008 08:59 AM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Jul 2008

Thanks. Does any one has any experience on claiming the road tax paid in the original state of purchase after migration to another state. why can not the states release the road tax paid at the time of release of NOC. Request for advise pl.

hariharkumar

hariharkumar@rediffmail.com

0 members liked this post

#12 19-Jul, 2008 09:53 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
Yes, it should release the same at the time of issuing the NOC. Anyway, the process is quite lengthy.  You need to claim the same through an agent - else the matter will not move.  Besides, you need some friend/relative to follow-up with the agent/RTO locally.  The tax, when refunded, would be on pro-rata basis.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#13 20-Jul, 2008 11:52 AM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival

Thanks Pankaj,

what a country we live in. democracy with thugs as MPs and certain policement as pimps. we will need agents for evrything in this country. Only way we can beat this by creating a data bank in Carwale on people who are moving one state to another to examine and swap their cars. I have offerd my car for a swap with some one who is to move to delhi but have a car registered in bangalore/karnataka. is any one listening? If so pl write to me at hariharkumar@rediffmail.com

thanks Pankaj again

#14 21-Jul, 2008 10:10 AM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival

Dear sir,

thanks for the info.

I am looking for some one to exchange the car (santro XO, June 06, 11400 Km run) with mine. any one re locating to delhi and has a locallly registered car. preferably a small car.

pl help out.

best wishes

hariharkumar@rediffmail.com

#15 21-Jul, 2008 01:18 PM
Sidharth
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jul 2008

Hi,I have a 3 year old Santro UP Registeration in Noida,I have moved to bangalore for an year or less after which I will be back to Noida.I understantd registeration is not required but do I need to pay road tax for the same ?If yes then how much?

thanks in advance

#16 21-Jul, 2008 03:51 PM
Aditya Agarwal
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Jul 2008

Hi,

I am the same case as Sidharth except that my santro is 4 year old and its registered in Meerut.

Anyone please reply.

Thanks.

#17 28-Jul, 2008 12:44 PM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival

Dear adiya and Sidharth,

My information based on RTO office is as under.

You are required to apply for registration in Bangalore with NOC received by you from original office of registration.

2. RTO will calculate tax (Life time-15yrs-number of years the car is old) @12% cost of car at which purchased. they expect original invoice pl.

I have a suggestion: Let us keep writing and requesting for those relocating to Delhi/UP etc for possible swap afer necessary mutual discussions. Hope people will respond..

We may also generate public opinion to the effect that karnataka RTo should seek transfer of lifetime tax to Karnataka once the vehicle is reregistered. Interstate book adjustments are possible. If we are one nation this is small service the govts should do. In any case they send all details to RTo delhi (in my case,- in every case to parent RTO), then they can easily collect the amount paid there instead of asking citizens to pay second time.

Request more responses pl.

harihar kumar

Best wishes

harihar kumar

#18 28-Jul, 2008 04:47 PM
Satyajit
New Arrival
Joined Date: 28 Jul 2008

Few days back I bought one chevrolet spark in chennai...but suddenly I am getting transffered to Bangalore...So please suggest me how much amount I have to pay in Bangalore for re-registration.Also please let me know till what period I can use my car in bangalore witout re-registering...one more thing I wants to know what is the validity of a tempoary registration.

#19 29-Jul, 2008 04:27 PM
Hariharkumar
New Arrival

Dear Satyajit,

You would need to pay about 12% of the invoice value of your car towards lifetime tax for reregistration in Bangalore. you would need to apply for an NOC from RTO chennai. (Where your car was registered.). Pl enquire if they will release the lifetime taxes paid by you while releasing the NOC. Chances are they may ask you to apply on obtaining the NOC. not sure. pl enquire. In the vent you get your life time tax back, the damage on you will be reasonable. (Chennai lifetime tax may be 10% i guess).

In case they get sticky to release the lifetime tax paid by you, then it is bad scene from losses point of view. In which case selling is another option.

third option is swap with someone gettingback to chennai from bangalore. Little difficult and may be little messy depending on individuals.

Best wishes

harihar kumar.

Best wishes

#20 04-Aug, 2008 01:38 PM
Rana
New Arrival
Joined Date: 04 Aug 2008

Hi

I have moved to Hyderabad and transported my car from Mumbai in March. I may be moving out of Hyd shortly. Hence I wanted to know as to how long can I drive in Hyderabad without paying road tax. Is there an official RTo site I could go to

Pages : 1234567891011