How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#1 30-Dec, 2007 08:53 PM
Nisarg
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Dec 2007

hy,

this is nisarg vyas from gujarat .I love speed so that i want to joing f1 car racing . Could u please send me proper information how to join. How much does it cost for tranning.

thanks

0 members liked this post

#2 01-Jan, 2008 10:09 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007

Well, I'm not aware of it but I have come across a fellow-member stating on another thread "Call from Toyota" (same forum; Formula 1) that he received a form from CarWale to register himself as a member of F1.  I suggest if you could contact CarWale through 'Contact Us" and enquire all about it with them.  In the meantime, hope CarWale or some fellow-member posts some useful information over here.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#3 04-Jan, 2008 09:22 AM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007
Nisrag,

Allow me to welcome you to the CarWale family first. I am elated that some more motorsport enthusiasts are pouring in. Making it to the top level of circuit racing - F1 is not as easy as it seems. I have been a race car driver too and have raced at the national level. You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. But this is not easy. There are many such guys trying out their luck everyday. Kids as young as 7 years old are racing to get the basics right. It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine. I will only give you the ladder, the climb is yours. Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine. It sounds alright, but even these machines are mad enough, so to master them takes time. The next level will be a Formula LGB or Hyundai. The top most level as far as Indian motorsport is concerned is the Formula Rolon. The single seaters are powered by Chevy engines and you cannot even imagine the sheer brutality of these cars. The hard work you will have to put in is going to be immense. After that there are international races like Formula Ford or Formula BMW, but even they are a far cry from Formula 1, so it is not an easy climb. Then there is the cost factor. One national level Go-Karting race will cost about 8-10 thousand rupees not considering that you come with your own race kit which will comprise of overalls, gloves, safety helmet, racing/driving shoes etc. The price only escalates as you climb the ladder. FISSME will be about 10-12 thousand while the Rolon can be as high as 20K for a single race, if you are not funded/sponsored by any team. This is not to discourage you, rather I would love to see you up there with the best, but it takes a lot. A LOT! I have experienced it first hand, and the cost factor is really a major concern. And oh yes, start learning about cars, if you start racing, you will be required to know how to set up your car, but that's something that you will get to know after you start with your climb.

Share anything that you have and I will be more than glad to answer you.

All the luck to you.

Cheers!

#4 04-Jan, 2008 12:13 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Thanks Ashish, that's a good piece of info for all.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#5 05-Jan, 2008 10:49 PM
Shree !!
Legend
Joined Date: 04 Oct 2007

That was indeed a good info provided by you ashish

And for you Nisarg i owuld be glad if i see u in F1 soon , good luck man try and try tilll you succeed

Cheers,

Sri

#6 08-Jan, 2008 11:06 PM
Karan
Legend
Joined Date: 25 Jan 2007

Posted by Ashish Jha
Nisrag,

Allow me to welcome you to the CarWale family first. I am elated that some more motorsport enthusiasts are pouring in. Making it to the top level of circuit racing - F1 is not as easy as it seems. I have been a race car driver too and have raced at the national level. You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. But this is not easy. There are many such guys trying out their luck everyday. Kids as young as 7 years old are racing to get the basics right. It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine. I will only give you the ladder, the climb is yours. Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine. It sounds alright, but even these machines are mad enough, so to master them takes time. The next level will be a Formula LGB or Hyundai. The top most level as far as Indian motorsport is concerned is the Formula Rolon. The single seaters are powered by Chevy engines and you cannot even imagine the sheer brutality of these cars. The hard work you will have to put in is going to be immense. After that there are international races like Formula Ford or Formula BMW, but even they are a far cry from Formula 1, so it is not an easy climb. Then there is the cost factor. One national level Go-Karting race will cost about 8-10 thousand rupees not considering that you come with your own race kit which will comprise of overalls, gloves, safety helmet, racing/driving shoes etc. The price only escalates as you climb the ladder. FISSME will be about 10-12 thousand while the Rolon can be as high as 20K for a single race, if you are not funded/sponsored by any team. This is not to discourage you, rather I would love to see you up there with the best, but it takes a lot. A LOT! I have experienced it first hand, and the cost factor is really a major concern. And oh yes, start learning about cars, if you start racing, you will be required to know how to set up your car, but that's something that you will get to know after you start with your climb.

Share anything that you have and I will be more than glad to answer you.

All the luck to you.

Cheers!

hey...now i got a fair idea abt wat it takes to be der !!!!........thanx Ashish....

as of now Sponsors must be hard to find in India....but once the f1 takes place here... i m sure its gonna b much easier...

#7 08-Jan, 2008 11:07 PM
Karan
Legend

yes NIsarg......all the very best to u buddy !!!

cheers...

#8 08-Jan, 2008 11:36 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Ashish,

Nice to know that you have been a race car driver & have participated at national level.  Please tell us more about it. Thanks.

#9 10-Jan, 2008 08:45 PM
Karan
Legend
yeah Ashish...it'll be nice to kno more abt ur experience !...

#10 12-Jan, 2008 12:39 AM
Pankaj Prasad
I think Ashish is presently attending Auto Expo at Delhi.  Hope he shares his experience after he returns (on Auto Expo also).

This discussion is closed for new replies.