How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#41 19-Mar, 2008 09:41 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven
Joined Date: 15 Mar 2008

Hey Arjun, im 4rm Guwahati.

Dear Arjun and viewers of my message.

I would like to inform you that i have written to newspaper "The Telegraph" and "Autocar magazine" abt HOW TO JOIN RACING.Hope they will give some information to us,so go throught The Telegraph's thrusdays edition i.e "CAREERGRAPH" and autocars next month edition.

"CAUTION" I am not sure that they will give us information.They may give or may not,if they dont give then please dont think that i bluffed and if they give then thank me and wish me luck from ur heart so that i can join racing.

And if anybody have any information that plz inform me via email my email id is parag408@yahoo.com

Last Updated: 19-Mar, 2008 09:59 PM, by parag408
0 members liked this post

#42 20-Mar, 2008 12:00 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Joined Date: 18 Mar 2008

Hmm...well parag u'll have 2 make an effort and write abt the information which u'll get because i have subscribed to none of those....

Hope u get the info......

Waiting for Ashish's reply to ur's and my query.....

#43 21-Mar, 2008 11:58 AM
Bala
New Arrival
Joined Date: 21 Mar 2008
Posted by Ashish Jha
Nisrag,

Allow me to welcome you to the CarWale family first. I am elated that some more motorsport enthusiasts are pouring in. Making it to the top level of circuit racing - F1 is not as easy as it seems. I have been a race car driver too and have raced at the national level. You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. But this is not easy. There are many such guys trying out their luck everyday. Kids as young as 7 years old are racing to get the basics right. It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine. I will only give you the ladder, the climb is yours. Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine. It sounds alright, but even these machines are mad enough, so to master them takes time. The next level will be a Formula LGB or Hyundai. The top most level as far as Indian motorsport is concerned is the Formula Rolon. The single seaters are powered by Chevy engines and you cannot even imagine the sheer brutality of these cars. The hard work you will have to put in is going to be immense. After that there are international races like Formula Ford or Formula BMW, but even they are a far cry from Formula 1, so it is not an easy climb. Then there is the cost factor. One national level Go-Karting race will cost about 8-10 thousand rupees not considering that you come with your own race kit which will comprise of overalls, gloves, safety helmet, racing/driving shoes etc. The price only escalates as you climb the ladder. FISSME will be about 10-12 thousand while the Rolon can be as high as 20K for a single race, if you are not funded/sponsored by any team. This is not to discourage you, rather I would love to see you up there with the best, but it takes a lot. A LOT! I have experienced it first hand, and the cost factor is really a major concern. And oh yes, start learning about cars, if you start racing, you will be required to know how to set up your car, but that's something that you will get to know after you start with your climb.

Share anything that you have and I will be more than glad to answer you.

All the luck to you.

Cheers!

Thanx Ashish for your valuable information regarding formula races etc...
If i wanna get into National Level Go-Karting Champioship, whom shud i contact??
 cud u plzz get me some information... as of now am driving go-kart in chennai..
i wanna drive go-kart national level championship....

#44 24-Mar, 2008 12:42 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven

Hey Ashish

Plz help us soon.

We want to know.How we can join Go-Kart Championship?

#45 24-Mar, 2008 10:32 PM
Ketan Patel
New Arrival
Joined Date: 12 Mar 2008

hi,

parag,  this is   ketan  from  rajkot(gujarat)

i found something that how we can join the carting

just visit www.team-bhp.com

there will be lots of information about our communities

go and chek out

i didn't find anything cause i didn't have time

so plz find on this site

"HOW CAN WE JOIN WITH THEM"

best of luck

bye see you

#46 27-Mar, 2008 07:58 PM
Paragjyothi Barthakur
Driven

Hey Ketan thanx but i didnot got anything abt HOW TO JOIN RACING i searched for 2hours but  i could not find.

Please somebody help me.

#47 04-Apr, 2008 02:28 PM
Arjun
New Arrival

hi arjun iam sekhar how are you i want join formula1racing school what is the procedure email me on

sekhar_nimmakuri@yahoo.com

#48 05-Apr, 2008 12:52 AM
Arjun
New Arrival

Hi ,I'm Arjun (i don't have time 2 log in so replying anonymously)

Well i'm fine sekhar..Wht abt u?? And hOw r u parag?Got any info?

WeLL Ppl i've got a way which maybe can help us all,There is this site www.fmsci.org (federation of motor sports club of india) maybe Which is the only hope we have got and maybe tey can only help us Because i guess Ashish has not come back...

But there is a problem,earlier we could browse all pages and on a page we could see different racing school's details and info according 2 diffrent cities but now i guess they r changing something so we cannot see those pages...So our only Help Is The customer care,Feeedback whatever u say,..contact the site people through their feedback box....

Well i've got no clear information yet But u'll have 2 try and get info through it...And so plz. if u get any information do inform me.......Plz..

And i had sent them a message through their feedback box and i had got i reply,but i could not understand it,,i'll post the message here ...u try 2 understand it and plz. tell me that wht u understand.....

My Question was :

Hi,
I wan't to join F1 Racing,so could you please guide me that what all should i do to join F1 racing,and what all requirements shall i Fulfil?And what is the eligibility for racing?
I live in Delhi....plz. Help me..

Last Updated: 05-Apr, 2008 01:04 AM, by arjcool1

#49 05-Apr, 2008 12:56 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
Dear Sir,

Thanks your enquiry and pleased to note your passion for car racing.  Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm, I must advise you that before you can think of F1 which is the highest level of racing in the world, you will need to establish your talent at the National level.

There are only two purpose-built tracks in India , one at Sriperumbudur (near Chennai) and the other at Kari Motor Speeway, Coimbatore.  While training camps for racing are conducted at these tracks  now and then, there is no regular institution for this (see email from Meco Motorsports below)    The 11th JK Tyre National Racing Championship for cars (6 rounds) has been planned  for 2008. (see our calendar of events in our website http://www.fmsci.org/ for dates / venues)   3 classes of racing will be run viz  Formula LGB Swift, Formula LGB Hyundai and Formula Rolon Chevrolet .    All these are specially made Indian Formula cars and  available on hire.  For details on hire, practice, participation, etc  please contact

Formula car hire

1. Mr. Parasuram 98410 46090
2. Mr. Shiva 98414 64083

Organiser:

MADRAS MOTOR SPORTS CLUB (MMSC)
123/1, T T K Road,
Alwarpet, CHENNAI 600 018
Phone 044 2499 0998
Fax 044 2499 3984
email: mmsc_chennai@yahoo.co.in

Motorsportingly Yours,

P.Narendran
Executive Secretary
-- 

Phone : (91) (44) 22352673 / 64506665
Fax : (91) (44) 22351684

Edit: Post updated for formatting abnormalities.

Last Updated: 07-Apr, 2008 10:06 AM, by Banwari

#50 05-Apr, 2008 04:29 AM
Arjun
New Arrival
To: Meco Motorsports mailto:mecomotorsports@yahoo.com
CC: Swarupa Ananth mailto:swarupa@sportzinteractive.net

Dear All

Meco Motorsports in association with JK Tyres and Team Amaron, once again brings to India another first of its kind. An advanced training and testing programme for experienced racing drivers participating in the JK Tyre Indian National Racing Championship.

The Advanced training and testing programme will have the following cars :

1)

This discussion is closed for new replies.