How to join Formula One (F1) car racing in India?

#11 23-Jan, 2008 01:56 PM
Arun Kumar
Beloved
Joined Date: 10 Jan 2008
Thanks for the info.Who knows whether someone who reads this migh actually take the advice to heart and become an F1 driver.God knows we need some.

0 members liked this post

#12 23-Jan, 2008 09:58 PM
Pankaj Prasad
Joined Date: 29 Sep 2007
... And I wish someone from us/CarWale becomes one.

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#13 30-Jan, 2008 05:55 PM
Ashish Agarwal
New Arrival
Joined Date: 30 Jan 2008
thanks alot  ashish for providing such a great info and we will b more thankful if u tell us how to take that first step

#14 30-Jan, 2008 11:00 PM
Pankaj Prasad

I think Ashish has said that, as under (ready reference):

....You need to get the basics right and have to start from the lower levels of motor-racing. Get familiar with Go-Karting and try to participate in some of the national level championships. If you are able to impress some gods out there, you might be picked up by them to race for their teams. 

..... It is not just about speed at all. It is about fitness, concentration, reflexes, accuracy, braking points, turning points, hitting the kerb right and more importantly, knowing your machine.

..... Start with Go-Karting, race at national level championships, graduate to FISSME which will have you drive a single seater race car with Maruti 800 engine......

Honesty is not a Spare Wheel that you pull out when in trouble. It's a Steering Wheel that keeps you on the right path throughout the life's journey.

#15 31-Jan, 2008 09:38 PM
Flyn2Aman
New Arrival
Joined Date: 31 Jan 2008
Posted by Nisarg

hy,

this is nisarg vyas from gujarat .I love speed so that i want to joing f1 car racing . Could u please send me proper information how to join. How much does it cost for tranning.

thanks

hi

cud u plz tell me in detail how to join F1 race

#16 01-Feb, 2008 10:03 AM
Pankaj Prasad
Please go through the details already explained by Ashish at post #3 (page #1). Thanks.

#17 01-Feb, 2008 06:26 PM
Ashish
Best-seller
Joined Date: 14 Jun 2007
Hi everyone,

I really did not think that such an interest would be attracted towards this thread. I would like to thank everyone in here for showering good words for me I have tried to explain as explicitly and as simply as I could  about the basics of motorsports, hope people are finding it helpful. As mentioned by Pankaj, please refer the previous posts.

As for my racing experiences, it was fun, is all I can say!!! I raced the FISSMEs and tested the LGBs. It will get very technical if I start explaining it, so what I would do instead is do an article around it sometime and post it somewhere.. perhaps in the forum itself.

#18 02-Feb, 2008 10:21 AM
Pankaj Prasad

Ashish,

Yes, an artical in the forum will be beneficial. 

Besides, I would request here if you could also post an article on Auto Expo you just attended.  I understand it would be quite time consuming with so many cars out there (even if you summarised it), but it I feel it would really be worthwhile & first hand review of CarWale (you yourself attended it).

Thanks.

#19 03-Feb, 2008 05:28 PM
Gaurav
New Arrival
Joined Date: 03 Feb 2008
plz can any one tell me how to join f1

#20 03-Feb, 2008 08:26 PM
Pankaj Prasad

Gaurav, it's all mentioned in detail by Ashish at post #3 (page #1). Please go through it. If you have anything to ask/discuss beyond what is mentioned therein, you can post your query here - it will lead to further discussions in the benefit of all.  Thanks.

This discussion is closed for new replies.